Tottenham vs West ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Tottenham vs West ham Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

…and what happens when we concede early on ? Will Moyes make changes immediately ?

Will he fuck . 62nd minute Benrahma for Downes .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:32 pm 9 defensive players plus Bowen & Antonio.

Unbelievable.
Actually sadly believable
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:41 pm …and what happens when we concede early on ? Will Moyes make changes immediately ?

Will he fuck . 62nd minute Benrahma for Downes .
Or another defender
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Com'on you lot be positive...at least there is only on GK on the bench.......oh hang on..... he's only got 8 on the bench....so there's a spare seat on the bench available...but no fucker wants to sit on it

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:32 pm 9 defensive players plus Bowen & Antonio.

Unbelievable.
And another four sat on the bench

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:43 pm Com'on you lot be positive...at least there is only on GK on the bench.......oh hang on..... he's only got 8 on the bench....so there's a spare seat on the bench available...but no fucker wants to sit on it
Isn’t Lanzini on bench as well? Or has he pulled out?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:55 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:43 pm Com'on you lot be positive...at least there is only on GK on the bench.......oh hang on..... he's only got 8 on the bench....so there's a spare seat on the bench available...but no fucker wants to sit on it
Isn’t Lanzini on bench as well? Or has he pulled out?
He is indeed......my mistake

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:59 pm
hamstew wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:40 pm Far too much negativity on here. I don't think we have been too bad lately and unbeaten in the last four games in all competitions, we have steadied the ship some what.

Spurs are inconsistent at the moment. Both teams are missing players and we are more than capable of getting a positive result, so, for me a 0-2 win for us today. You can say what you like but if I'm wrong (as it's only my prediction) then so be it.
Off course we all want the team to do well, but when you have a manager who delivers negative press conferences, publicly criticised players and digs at supporters. It is very hard to remain positive.

Last 10 games we have the 3rd worse form, even our mini revival only gives us 5pts from 5 games. For comparison purposes, Everton sacked their manager have gained 6pts from 3 games.

So if you want to call 5pts steadying the ship, then that your prerogative. For me a point a game will not be enough to keep us up.
Fair do's on Moyes being negative in his press conference etc... To be fair I wrote that before I saw the team sheet and yes I agree with most, it is quite a negative lineup, especially when we have half decent attacking players along with the most in form player in Benrahma on the bench again!

Although my point still stands about the ship being steadied and hence why I used the words "some what" because I know just picking up draws isn't ideal but a point is obviously better than no points at all, therefore losing and we were doing that before the World Cup and just after the World Cup but since then apart from losing a couple of games, we haven't lost in the last four games. So that is what I mean in terms of steadying a ship, we have stopped losing, yes we have drawn the last two but that was away to Newcastle where they were on a very good run and hadn't conceded a goal in the league for some time and a stadium we don't tend to do well at. The other draw being at home to Chelsea, who had spent a shit load of money in the January window and regardless if they haven't been that great lately, they are still a tough team to beat and it's a London derby too.

Also I agree picking up more draws than wins won't help our cause to not be relegated but if we start winning enough games mixed with some draws till the end of the season, then as they say that extra point or two could also make the difference if we stay up or not. Which incidentally I think we will stay up and comfortably as well. Let's see how today goes with that lineup first though :? :D
Last edited by hamstew on Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has just summed West Ham up perfectly. They were showing a stats comparison between this season and the two previous ones and asking if it was because of a change in playing style. No,he said, it’s because other teams worked out their strengths and devised strategies to cope with them.

Rocket science it ain’t.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?