Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

With the FA Cup now out of the way, hope our players who worked their sock off will recover for this tough game which Brighton is the 2nd version of Man City as we never beat them since we were in Championship under BFS whom he is the only former West Ham manager achieved "double" over Brighton which the rest of the previous manager plus Moyes FAILED to do. Injury news.....Not sure if Zouma will be ready for this match but hope so as Aguerd is a bit out of form but hope he will do better. Soucek is getting better as long as he is in front of Rice with Paqueta doing the same role as Soucek but on other side. Expect Ing to get back into the side and hope to keep his form going. Fabianski wont be back till later this month. Bowen should be back and I hope Benrahma keep his TAP ON on his form.

If I were Moyes, I would go for 4-3-3 formation as we need to ATTACK, ATTACK (That the version of Harry Redknapp).

Areola

Johnson
Ogbonna
Aguerd/Zouma
Emerson

Soucek
Rice
Paqueta

Bowen
Ings
Benrahma.

Can we get a win against Brighton? 70% chance of defeat, 29% of a draw and 1% of a win.....Hopefully I am wrong on this.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

brookingslovechild

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

defo like the 4-3-3 seemed to work for the players last night. Benny in this form is a must. Would keep aguerd, he had a bad night but other wise i think he's mustard. Scammacaa or ings , antonio presumably when we are down in the last 10 mins.
Paquetta is marmite for me, a couple of flicks a tricks come off but loses the ball soooo much and im just not seeing the end product. If rumours are true of the geordies wanting him i'd probably say crack on and get someone more accustomed to the speed and hustle of prem.
would make your win % right ibbs, another bogey team......we have a few :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Decent shout Ibbs. Fornals for Paqueta though for me, although I know it won't happen.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

If Zouma has to come back in I hope it’s for Oggy
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:30 am If Zouma has to come back in I hope it’s for Oggy
Imo Ogbonna has been very decent in the last two games. In fact I don't recall him making too many cock ups since he returned to first team duty.

I've still got to be fully convinced by Aguerd although he is still in credit on my scorecard. But for me last night was an eye opener. Not so much for the own goal but his contribution to the other two. My eldest grandson who supports Man United voted for him as their MOTM in an online poll on one of the Manc fan forums. :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:35 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:30 am If Zouma has to come back in I hope it’s for Oggy
Imo Ogbonna has been very decent in the last two games. In fact I don't recall him making too many cock ups since he returned to first team duty.

I've still got to be fully convinced by Aguerd although he is still in credit on my scorecard. But for me last night was an eye opener. Not so much for the own goal but his contribution to the other two. My eldest grandson who supports Man United voted for him as their MOTM in an online poll on one of the Manc fan forums. :lol:
Just a pace issue for me mate taking it as a given that Zouma WILL come back in once fit.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:37 am

Just a pace issue for me mate taking it as a given that Zouma WILL come back in once fit.
I think that's inevitable. But we could revert to a back 3 of course. Oggt isn't the quickest but imo his experience and decision making more than compensates.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

We struggle at home against this mob so at their gaff? Draw would be good.
Fuck it, let's go for a win. COYI!!!!!
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Was it Oggy that let Harry K muscle him?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:47 am

Was it Oggy that let Harry K muscle him?
Tbh I can't remember. But in any case shouldn't you be working out how to use a VPN so you can watch You Tube clips which aren't available in Oz ? ;)