The R word

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: The R word

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Redundant.

Which is what I hoped this cunt of a manager would have been a long long time ago.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:23 pm :lol:

Why do you think that ? The only one of those who has had any sort of success as a coach is Hassenhuttl at Ingoldstadt and then Leipzig. I don't consider Gerrard's trophies in the pub league to be any great shakes because as I've said before if you or I were managers of Rangers and Celtic one of us would win the league, and he was no great shakes at Villa was he ? Parker has been a train wreck as a PL coach and now he can add Belgium to his list of calamaties. Marsch didn't last long at Leipzig and got the elbow from Leeds and Lampard truly screwed up a decent Chelsea team that, once they got rid of him, won the Champions League.

Working on the assumption that the iconic transportation links at Stratford can't tempt Guardiola or Ancelotti to swap Manchester and Madrid for London the only answer for the dwarf, given hias apparen5 lack of knowledge when it comes to current managers, is to dust off Sam Allardyce. Seriously that is the direction I think we could well be heading when the dwarf realises the size of the job involved getting us promoted, because surely we have all pretty much accepted by now it is the Chumpionship next season. And of course that is assuming he decides to get rid of Moyes, the indications from the official mouthpiece, C & H, seem to suggest come what may Moyes will still be here next season.

Moyes or Sam. Not a choice I, or any of us,would make but we're not the ones making the decisions :lol:
Would you take Hussenhutl ?I would.
As I’ve said before I don’t really give a toss whether Moyes stays or goes. It might cause a short term bounce but long term it won’t make the slightest difference. But of the list Towie gave us Hassenhuttl would be far and away the best option imo.

Until somebody kicks this club into the 21st century it will always be on the outside looking in.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm
As I’ve said before I don’t really give a toss whether Moyes stays or goes. It might cause a short term bounce but long term it won’t make the slightest difference. But of the list Towie gave us Hassenhuttl would be far and away the best option imo.

Until somebody kicks this club into the 21st century it will always be on the outside looking in.
I don’t particularly like any on the list, and if anyone was to come in off that list for me it would be Hassenhutl.
What I do believe is though that any off those managers would be doing better with this current squad than Moyes is.
And they are all managers sacked by our current relegation rivals.
Ozhammef, you probably right I took it too far with Lampard.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Retreat.

It's what I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".
Poor things having been treated so badly for the last three years :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:28 pm

Hassenhuttl. Get him in so we can start losing 9-0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:19 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am

TBH Terry, it's not just Moyes fucking up their livelihoods, it is to a degree themselves also. Take the Brighton game, I seen more movement in a half starved tortoise than we did from them. Yes Moyes instructions might have been to let them keep the ball, but I am sure it didn't include stand and watch. At some point players have to show some initiative, and that's where Rice comes in, or should have.

We had a squad good enough to stay up, but a driver in reverse. The club feels like a tube of refillable toothpaste, you squeeze some out and replace it with a couple of new and younger player. No soon have you done that you have to squeeze the tube again. That is Moyes's youth for you.
Moyes has been in here 3 years.Its his squad,therefore,its his fault.

Let's look at Burnley.They had a similar style to us,but Kompany came in and turned that squad around in a summer and got them playing some good football not seen by their fans s for many a year.Surely if an inexperienced manager can do that,surely someone that has been a manager for over 25 years can?
Let's see them play in the Premier League first. Norwich did the same in the Championship.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Let's look at Burnley.They had a similar style to us,but Kompany came in and turned that squad around in a summer and got them playing some good football not seen by their fans s for many a year.Surely if an inexperienced manager can do that,surely someone that has been a manager for over 25 years can?
Let's see them play in the Premier League first. Norwich did the same in the Championship.
Yet both Fulham (15 points and 8 places above us ) and Nots Forrest ( 3 points and 3 places above us ) and they both could survive after coming up.....I don't think we will get relegated but it will be difficult... squeaky bum time .. :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:44 pm

I never remember Norwich being a boring side,but Burnley were.
What Kompany has done is amazing.From them fans being bored sh*tless,playing boring football to see what they are watching now.Beautiful football.

Do yourself a favour and go and check some of their fan sites out and they will tell you.

The football we have played in the PL this season belongs in the bin.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:38 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".
Poor things having been treated so badly for the last three years :lol:
This 3 years b*llocks and Moysie cock suckers keep mentioning?We were good for 14 months and very average or sh*t for the rest.
I think me and many think his tactics could cost us our PL position.You can't honestly say hand on heart,it has helped us,can you?

Don't give me that sh*t about how brilliant we have been in the Conference League,because up to now,it's been the equivalent of the Freight Rover Trophy.Yes,now the opposition improve at this stage,but tbh,with the players we have we should really win it. We are Favorites with the bookies and rightly so.