The R word

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: The R word

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".
TBH Terry, it's not just Moyes fucking up their livelihoods, it is to a degree themselves also. Take the Brighton game, I seen more movement in a half starved tortoise than we did from them. Yes Moyes instructions might have been to let them keep the ball, but I am sure it didn't include stand and watch. At some point players have to show some initiative, and that's where Rice comes in, or should have.

We had a squad good enough to stay up, but a driver in reverse. The club feels like a tube of refillable toothpaste, you squeeze some out and replace it with a couple of new and younger player. No soon have you done that you have to squeeze the tube again. That is Moyes's youth for you.
Moyes has been in here 3 years.Its his squad,therefore,its his fault.

Let's look at Burnley.They had a similar style to us,but Kompany came in and turned that squad around in a summer and got them playing some good football not seen by their fans s for many a year.Surely if an inexperienced manager can do that,surely someone that has been a manager for over 25 years can?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:19 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:59 am

TBH Terry, it's not just Moyes fucking up their livelihoods, it is to a degree themselves also. Take the Brighton game, I seen more movement in a half starved tortoise than we did from them. Yes Moyes instructions might have been to let them keep the ball, but I am sure it didn't include stand and watch. At some point players have to show some initiative, and that's where Rice comes in, or should have.

We had a squad good enough to stay up, but a driver in reverse. The club feels like a tube of refillable toothpaste, you squeeze some out and replace it with a couple of new and younger player. No soon have you done that you have to squeeze the tube again. That is Moyes's youth for you.
Moyes has been in here 3 years.Its his squad,therefore,its his fault.

Let's look at Burnley.They had a similar style to us,but Kompany came in and turned that squad around in a summer and got them playing some good football not seen by their fans s for many a year.Surely if an inexperienced manager can do that,surely someone that has been a manager for over 25 years can?
The difference is Tel , that clubs like Brighton , Brentford , Burnley , Middlesborough , West Brom etc haven’t employed Dinosaurs to coach and select their teams .

They realised the game has changed and attempted to move with the times .
It doesn’t always work … if we’d had this conversation a year ago I’d have included Viera at Palace .

But in the way Whiskyman keeps repeating himself over and over in just about every thread , and he isn’t wrong , the words Dwarf , infrastructure, car crash etc spring to mind every single time and nothing will change until the ownership does .

Apathy has set in for me now . Relegation will hardly register now.
Bring back Jonathon !

deanox

Post by deanox »

palerider wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:52 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 am It must frustrating for the players being told just make sure you don't lose,rather than try and win a match. Moyes stubbornness is going to cost the players a lot of money.

If I was them,I'd be getting Rice to be knocking on Sullivan's door and say" You are f*cking up a livelihoods keeping Moyes here.GET HIM OUT".
Declan's off anyway and while he still cares it soon won't be his problem.

The new manager, I can't believe Sullivan is that much of a cunt to do otherwise, will have the job of 'selling' a promotion push to those wanting to or forced to stay. The dark clouds of despair quickly turn brighter with a few wins. I have a Geordie mate from the service, a die-hard Toon fan who says that prior to this season, the season they pissed the Championship was the best he'd ever known in terms of a feelgood factor. I bet Burnley fans say the same right now.

It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.
back when we were a bit of a yoyo team, I used to enjoy the games more in the 2nd division (we even won the FA cup) as we won more games instead of going up against big teams that always seemed to have our number,
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:38 pm
… if we’d had this conversation a year ago I’d have included Viera at Palace .
I'd still include Vieira. I'm interested to see how he does after another transfer window, assuming he keeps them up.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:35 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:19 am

Yes, Moyes is a tactical dinosaur, yes, our tactics are one dimensional and yes, we are always reactive never pro active. But FFS I get pissed off with so many people giving the fucking rabble on the field a free pass. I keep reading and hearing that "this squad should be doing better". It maybe should but let';s be honest it ain't that bloody good. We've just played Villa, a bang average mid table side, but I don't see too many players in our squad who Villa would be clamouring to sign if they became available. It is a bang average squad and what little quality there is in it is being misused, or not used at all,. by the coaching staff.
Have said it for sometime that we have a poor squad , though will insist with the right manager our starting eleven could be doing so much better .
But the incoming manager if one is to be employed will have one almighty job ahead of him , though a new owner would help far more with the strengthening of the foundations and infrastructure of the club .
We have a squad that should be doing better imo.

I would say Hassenhutl, Gerrard, Parker, Marsch & even lampard would get a better tune out of this squad than the current moronic manager.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Towie wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:51 pm

Have said it for sometime that we have a poor squad , though will insist with the right manager our starting eleven could be doing so much better .
But the incoming manager if one is to be employed will have one almighty job ahead of him , though a new owner would help far more with the strengthening of the foundations and infrastructure of the club .

I would say Hassenhutl, Gerrard, Parker, Marsch & even lampard would get a better tune out of this squad than the current moronic manager.
Agree with your first four - but not Lampard. He's proven himself to be completely incompetent, and a prat to boot. The first four at least have something to offer, however minimal that may be.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I would add Marcelo Gallardo to the list of those out of work , he would be my choice , could we entice him to this shithole of a circus , who knows .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:19 am

Yes, Moyes is a tactical dinosaur, yes, our tactics are one dimensional and yes, we are always reactive never pro active. But FFS I get p2issed off with so many people giving the fucking rabble on the field a free pass. I keep reading and hearing that "this squad should be doing better". It maybe should but let';s be honest it ain't that bloody good. We've just played Villa, a bang average mid table side, but I don't see too many players in our squad who Villa would be clamouring to sign if they became available. It is a bang average squad and what little quality there is in it is being misused, or not used at all,. by the coaching staff.

But if the players are being asked to perform certain duties ,they have to do it,because Moyes will drop them.

Like we over performed during lockdown,we are certainly under performing now with surely a much better squad,but with even duller tactics.
Is the squad that much better ? It's bigger but I'm not sure it has improved greatly. That is down to Motes because he had a lot of money to spend in the summer and if the squad isn't better it's down to him so I'm certainly not giving him a free pass.

But let's look at what changes have been made. Areola is certainly a step up from Randolph as a No 2 keeper, Emerson is a step up from Masuaku as well. And I guess we could say Scamacca is an improvement on the gaping big hole we had as a back up striker . If only we'd use the poor bastard.

But imo Aguerd is no better than Diop, and Aguerd seems to have been given a starting role which Diop rarely, if ever, had under Moyes. And the "biggie" for me is that Paqueta is having nothing like the impact Lingard had when he came in and helped us overperform. Kehrer and Cornet have been added as well and have yet to prove they are worthy of a starting slot.

So imo the squad. although I'm constantly hearing it's better, is, if anything, marginally weaker than it was. Aguerd's crossfield passes are an asset but his defending isn't as good as Diop, and he was at times wayward wasn't he. And whilst, even when we were getting results, we weren't playing Guardiola-esque pass and move football, I don't think our current style has changed much. Which as I see it is the problem. We have been sussed out.

We had a lot of shots against Villa but unfortunately most of them didn't give Martinez the chance to show what a good keeper he is. And that is the underlying problem, and has been all season. Our inability to shoot straight is the one thing we can't blame Moyes for, although of course some of us feel that, if used correctly, Scamacca might prove to be the solution.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

:lol:

Why do you think that ? The only one of those who has had any sort of success as a coach is Hassenhuttl at Ingoldstadt and then Leipzig. I don't consider Gerrard's trophies in the pub league to be any great shakes because as I've said before if you or I were managers of Rangers and Celtic one of us would win the league, and he was no great shakes at Villa was he ? Parker has been a train wreck as a PL coach and now he can add Belgium to his list of calamaties. Marsch didn't last long at Leipzig and got the elbow from Leeds and Lampard truly screwed up a decent Chelsea team that, once they got rid of him, won the Champions League.

Working on the assumption that the iconic transportation links at Stratford can't tempt Guardiola or Ancelotti to swap Manchester and Madrid for London the only answer for the dwarf, given hias apparen5 lack of knowledge when it comes to current managers, is to dust off Sam Allardyce. Seriously that is the direction I think we could well be heading when the dwarf realises the size of the job involved getting us promoted, because surely we have all pretty much accepted by now it is the Chumpionship next season. And of course that is assuming he decides to get rid of Moyes, the indications from the official mouthpiece, C & H, seem to suggest come what may Moyes will still be here next season.

Moyes or Sam. Not a choice I, or any of us,would make but we're not the ones making the decisions :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:23 pm :lol:

Why do you think that ? The only one of those who has had any sort of success as a coach is Hassenhuttl at Ingoldstadt and then Leipzig. I don't consider Gerrard's trophies in the pub league to be any great shakes because as I've said before if you or I were managers of Rangers and Celtic one of us would win the league, and he was no great shakes at Villa was he ? Parker has been a train wreck as a PL coach and now he can add Belgium to his list of calamaties. Marsch didn't last long at Leipzig and got the elbow from Leeds and Lampard truly screwed up a decent Chelsea team that, once they got rid of him, won the Champions League.

Working on the assumption that the iconic transportation links at Stratford can't tempt Guardiola or Ancelotti to swap Manchester and Madrid for London the only answer for the dwarf, given hias apparen5 lack of knowledge when it comes to current managers, is to dust off Sam Allardyce. Seriously that is the direction I think we could well be heading when the dwarf realises the size of the job involved getting us promoted, because surely we have all pretty much accepted by now it is the Chumpionship next season. And of course that is assuming he decides to get rid of Moyes, the indications from the official mouthpiece, C & H, seem to suggest come what may Moyes will still be here next season.

Moyes or Sam. Not a choice I, or any of us,would make but we're not the ones making the decisions :lol:
Would you take Hussenhutl ?I would.