Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Rice or Moyes

Post by Dagger »

agree with Blackdiamond

Post by 9898 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:31 am
JayK wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm Love Declan but Moyes has done something really quite special with this team
Wednesday evenings performance against Man City, showed the team can still achieve great results without it's special component. And regardless of how special that component is, he's not more important - to the football club - than the person in charge of all the components.
........as long as we play against reserve teams.

Reality check.
Rice leaving will be a very, very sad day for the club, both in what we lose as a player (best midfielder in PL at the moment) and the wayi t hits home as to our standing in the PL.
Moyes is an ordinary/poor manager who will get found out (again) shortly.

Keep Rice at all costs.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Managers the most important bloke in a club imo. So has to be Moyes.

h69

Post by h69 »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:26 pm Andy Goldstein put a West Ham supporter on the spot, during his Talksport show today. He posed the question if you could only keep 1 this summer, who would you choose?

I think Rice is a sensational player, our best player since Bonzo (who is by far and away my favourite Hammer ever). But I'd keep Moyes as I think he can continue to turn us from perennial under achiever's, into proper contenders for all competitions going forward.
Spot on. I love Rice but no player is bigger than the team and Moyes is building a special team here

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

wow , how the tables have turned, didnt think the majority would say moyes.

Tend to agree that he has worked wonders on johnson, creswell is like a spritely 20yr old , diop fullfilling his potential and dawson / noble have had a lease of life. If its down to moyes and the coaches why couldnt he find/develop the next rice.

With a bigger budget fergie used to re-invent utd every couple of years without any hesitation.

Will still be a sad day when rice goes but as of right now its moyes ( and 150m for rice and thanks for memories).

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm wow , how the tables have turned, didnt think the majority would say moyes.

Tend to agree that he has worked wonders on johnson, creswell is like a spritely 20yr old , diop fullfilling his potential and dawson / noble have had a lease of life. If its down to moyes and the coaches why couldnt he find/develop the next rice.

With a bigger budget fergie used to re-invent utd every couple of years without any hesitation.

Will still be a sad day when rice goes but as of right now its moyes ( and 150m for rice and thanks for memories).
The thing with David Moyes (form wise etc) he is currently the best Britsh manager. It's no contest,given the ingredients he is working with and the results he is achieving.

That's a pretty obvious conclusion and not one that can be challenged by any reasonable measurement. And when the discussion turns to elite managers
plying their trade Messrs Guardiola,Tuchel,Klopp then Moyes deserves to be in that conversation.

I know it's a bit weird to include him,but results wise you have to.

4th Premier league
Qrt Final qualified - League Cup
Europe league group - Maximim points, Nil goals conceded

Towie

Post by Towie »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:40 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:27 pm wow , how the tables have turned, didnt think the majority would say moyes.

The thing with David Moyes (form wise etc) he is currently the best Britsh manager. It's no contest,given the ingredients he is working with and the results he is achieving.

That's a pretty obvious conclusion and not one that can be challenged by any reasonable measurement. And when the discussion turns to elite managers
plying their trade Messrs Guardiola,Tuchel,Klopp then Moyes deserves to be in that conversation.

4th Premier league
End of season is what counts for above, let’s wait till then before including in the Guardiola, Klopp bracket.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm

4th Premier league
End of season is what counts for above, let’s wait till then before including in the Guardiola, Klopp bracket.
Good gracious,I didn't mean to imply that I was putting him into the category - I simply observed that others could put him in the conversation. The opposite is happening with everyone piling into the Ole Gunnar Solskjær is a championship manager conversation.

The conversation is always directed to the prevailing scenery at the time. It is what it is - as Bobby De Niro once said...

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

4th Premier league
hard to argue with that frankly......NUMBERS COME ON DOWN!

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Stamford, as always, you're a twat

We all say Moyes, comfortable in the knowledge that Rice is gone in the summer
Covid in the Boardroom