Championship Playoffs and Promotion

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Championship Playoffs and Promotion

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:36 am Apparently Luton would have to spend £20m just to make the stadium Premier league worthy.

But what a story it would be conference to Premier League.
Pre Covid there was a big spread in one of the local Luton papers about their new ground being approved. Part of a development not far from Parkway station I believe. Whatever happened to that ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:01 am
Towie wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:36 am Apparently Luton would have to spend £20m just to make the stadium Premier league worthy.

But what a story it would be conference to Premier League.
Pre Covid there was a big spread in one of the local Luton papers about their new ground being approved. Part of a development not far from Parkway station I believe. Whatever happened to that ?
Luton ,Another shithole that would benefit from a nuclear strike.

Fade-and-Die

Post by Fade-and-Die »

Dolfo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:34 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:09 am

Yes it was Alfie. Very polite and never had a bad word to say about us which I found a bit disconcerting tbh, seeing as we're all cunts to a man on here. I'd have felt more reassured if he'd just come out with some cheery northern insults.

Just like the Blunts fan that said we were a bunch of the chets.
The bunch of the chets thread was hilarious. Illiterate northern monkeys bleating because their team were too shit to stay up and don't get me started on Mr Bean and his march on Downing Street. Good to see the twat advertising teabags on TV though.
That thread was great, was proper lively back then. If I remember, that thread had a huge number of posts, I think second only to the Blot thread ;)

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

Fade-and-Die wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:19 pm
Dolfo wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:34 pm

The bunch of the chets thread was hilarious. Illiterate northern monkeys bleating because their team were too shit to stay up and don't get me started on Mr Bean and his march on Downing Street. Good to see the twat advertising teabags on TV though.
That thread was great, was proper lively back then. If I remember, that thread had a huge number of posts, I think second only to the Blot thread ;)
It was a large thread F&D as was the Blot thread (not sure how many posts on that one) but Blot was indeed not a real fan ;) :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:21 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:11 pm Who was the Burnley fan used to post on here? Or was it a different claret?
Yeah, I know the guy you're thinking of... can't remember the name though.
Afincyalbo (Alfie)

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:17 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:21 pm

Yeah, I know the guy you're thinking of... can't remember the name though.
Alfie I think
Keep up

Towie

Post by Towie »

Went to Luton play off match last night with my youngest.

They won 2-0 through to Wembley play off final, one game away from premier league.

There a lad in the team who had been at luton since they were in the national league. Good decent player from the West Ham academy Pelly Ruddock Mpenzu. What a story that will be if it happens.

There was also a young lad called Pierre Ekwah running the midfield for Sunderland. 21 years old also left us in Jan for first team football, and from what I’ve seen in the 2 games he is better than Downes and more than ready to take Soucek place in team.

Why won’t that jock cunt give the kids a go.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

Gonna need scabbies shot to attend them luton away games
Matamata

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 am Went to Luton play off match last night with my youngest.

They won 2-0 through to Wembley play off final, one game away from premier league.

There a lad in the team who had been at luton since they were in the national league. Good decent player from the West Ham academy Pelly Ruddock Mpenzu. What a story that will be if it happens.

There was also a young lad called Pierre Ekwah running the midfield for Sunderland. 21 years old also left us in Jan for first team football, and from what I’ve seen in the 2 games he is better than Downes and more than ready to take Soucek place in team.

Heard good things about Ekwah before he left for Sunderland , bloody annoying the kids are let go without getting a chance , but like Alese , Cullen , Longelo and Ashby etc; he didn't show enough to be kept on supposedly .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:58 am
Towie wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:37 am Went to Luton play off match last night with my youngest.

Heard good things about Ekwah before he left for Sunderland , bloody annoying the kids are let go without getting a chance , but like Alese , Cullen , Longelo and Ashby etc; he didn't show enough to be kept on supposedly .
Funny Ekwah's name should come up. Occasionally because of old contacts in the world of football I am asked to go and have a look at players and submit a report to whoever requested it. When we were due to play Boreham Wood pre season, a game in which Ekwah was playing, I got a phone call from one of my contacts who asked if I would do a report on Ekwah. Let's just say I was quite impressed with the lad's performance, was thanked for my report and was told the club in question had spoken to West Ham's Development team with a view to arranging a season long loan but they were told the player was "in line for moving to the first team squad". I would mention that I'm pretty certain, in fact absolutely certain, the club in question had already looked at Ekwah extensively and weren't just acting on my report. :lol: :lol:

Next thing he was transferred to Sunderland. I don't know how far his "moving to the first team squad" got but I don't recall even seeing his arse sat on the bench, never mind actually playing. Sunderland were well beaten last night but they have a very yoing team, Alese came on as a sub in the second half btw, and if they can keep them together will probably have a decent crack at promotion again next season. Both Ekwah and Alese seem to have made a decent number of first team appearances for the club which suggests the moves have been beneficial to their careers. Whether we will come to regret letting them go on the cheap remains to be seen of course, big difference between PL and the Championship, but they are plyine their trade at a decent level and so should, all things being equal, be able to make a decent living from the game.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?