The elephant in the room

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

The elephant in the room

Post by palerider »

Okay. Lots of people are doing the old predictor game. Many with a glass half empty have us already relegated. I'm not getting into that. Chances are, we'll survive. Just.

But once you've tasted the possibility, does it get any better ?

It did for us in the season of the plague. Some argue that was the reason why. But last season both Everton and Leeds survived by the skin of their teeth. And look where they are now. Southampton had also begun their downward spiral by then.

If we stay up, what's the chances of us being in the same situation this time next year ? No Declan, maybe others. God forbid that negative Scotch cunt is still in charge. But unless there's a minor revolution at the ILS we'll have the oldest squad in the league. And, more importantly. the slowest.

Plenty to think about in the summer and I wouldn't trust the dwarf to open a bag of crisps without fucking it up.

eskimo joe

Re: The elephant in the room

Post by eskimo joe »

I have actually let go of the hope that Moyes will be gone EOS. And basing my thoughts on that I am left with your scenario, ayne with a few new faces he will use elsewhere tan where they are best suited.

We gone from a squad needing an overhaul EOLS, spent a few bucks beginning of,and still find us needing a fair few players. And with Moyes choosing them I fear next season will be much the same as this, if not worse as we won't be in Europe.

Who knows!? Miracles might happen.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:24 pm I have actually let go of the hope that Moyes will be gone EOS. And basing my thoughts on that I am left with your scenario, ayne with a few new faces he will use elsewhere tan where they are best suited.

We gone from a squad needing an overhaul EOLS, spent a few bucks beginning of,and still find us needing a fair few players. And with Moyes choosing them I fear next season will be much the same as this, if not worse as we won't be in Europe.

But if we believe the rumours Moyes will be given no more money to spend. So either there will be no incomings at all or Moyes will be down the road.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:41 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:24 pm I have actually let go of the hope that Moyes will be gone EOS. And basing my thoughts on that I am left with your scenario, ayne with a few new faces he will use elsewhere tan where they are best suited.

But if we believe the rumours Moyes will be given no more money to spend. So either there will be no incomings at all or Moyes will be down the road.
Rumours contradicting each other. Though I prefer to wish the more positive ones are true but with the way things have gone to date anything is possible.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:41 pm

Rumours contradicting each other.
Don’t they always ? Isn’t that why rhey’re rumours as opposed to news.? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:12 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:09 pm

Rumours contradicting each other.
Don’t they always ? Isn’t that why rhey’re rumours as opposed to news.? ;)
That's why you believe more what you see

palerider

Post by palerider »

It's not unthinkable to reason that should we win the Conference League, still a big if imo, the dwarf would honour the last year of his contract, even if he didn't offer an extension. It would save him money after all.

But it should be unthinkable. Is he going to have a road to Damascus moment and rotate the squad more, including a few youngsters from time to time to give them the experience like modern managers do ?

And with another season in Europe and the extra games again, this time without the steadying influence of Rice, will he buy younger, quicker payers which is what we so badly need ?

And will he gradually ease out his old guard favourites, in the past selected not on form but because they fit his negative pattern as the team evolves into a more watchable outfit ?

The answer of course is will he fuck.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Here`s my take, for what it`s worth.

Just before we moved we were sold a dream, a vision, I didn`t fall for it but I wanted to, I wanted to believe that we could hold our own against the best.
Now we have the opportunity for a new dream vision reality, a long term goal and if I had my way it would go like this.

A football philosophy, it`s already there, it`s played from U/9s to 23s but stops there.
A manager and staff who are ready willing and able to fulfil the philosophy and owners willing to give full backing to the clubs transfer strategy.

I fully expect us to win the conference thing, but success will bring bigger better fish to fry the following season.
Unfortunately, many of our existing players will find it difficult to adapt to our new philosophy others face ageing difficulties, but we must be strong and ruthless for the cause.
I wish Declan well, I personally would be in favour depending on where he went a cash and player(s) deal, but how good would it be if he bought into the philosophy.

Our manager, don`t slam the door on the way out.

palerider

Post by palerider »

garnett wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm Here`s my take, for what it`s worth.

Just before we moved we were sold a dream, a vision, I didn`t fall for it but I wanted to, I wanted to believe that we could hold our own against the best.
Now we have the opportunity for a new dream vision reality, a long term goal and if I had my way it would go like this.

A football philosophy, it`s already there, it`s played from U/9s to 23s but stops there.
A manager and staff who are ready willing and able to fulfil the philosophy and owners willing to give full backing to the clubs transfer strategy.

I fully expect us to win the conference thing, but success will bring bigger better fish to fry the following season.
Unfortunately, many of our existing players will find it difficult to adapt to our new philosophy others face ageing difficulties, but we must be strong and ruthless for the cause.
I wish Declan well, I personally would be in favour depending on where he went a cash and player(s) deal, but how good would it be if he bought into the philosophy.

I don't expect us to win it for the very reason I originally posted this.

The squad are knackered and stale. Because Moyes refuses to rotate them. The effort they put in on Sunday comes at a price.

I'd be over the moon if they won it. But let it not cloud the bigger issue. We'll be swimming with the bottom feeders again this time next season if he stays. We were sussed out 18 months ago. He doesn't have a clue how to play any other way.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:40 pm
garnett wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm Here`s my take, for what it`s worth.

I don't expect us to win it for the very reason I originally posted this.

The squad are knackered and stale. Because Moyes refuses to rotate them. The effort they put in on Sunday comes at a price.

I'd be over the moon if they won it. But let it not cloud the bigger issue. We'll be swimming with the bottom feeders again this time next season if he stays. We were sussed out 18 months ago. He doesn't have a clue how to play any other way.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: