AZ Alkmaar vs West Ham Official Match Thread 2nd Leg

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

AZ Alkmaar vs West Ham Official Match Thread 2nd Leg

Post by Ibbyham »

After our reserve/fringe players played against Brentford for another boring result, West Ham will have all their players from last Thursday back fresh and ready to finish the job. Main worry is Aguerd as he was very poor against Brentford and Ogbonna is slightly fatigues. Aguerd need to improve his worth. Hopefully to have Antonio back. We need to be our top level from the first whistle to the end and NO SLOW START.

Areola

Kehrer
Zouma
Aguerd/Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Paqueta
Benrahma

Antonio

Let go for it and do better than we did last season. We need to stay strong, focus, DON'T keep giving the balls away and convert our chances into goals plus our crosses need to do better.

COYI!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Re: AZ Alkmaar vs West Ham Official Match Thread 2nd Leg

Post by Towie »

It not the team that concerns me, it is the tactics that jockstrap will employ.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:34 pm After our reserve/fringe players played against Brentford for another boring result, West Ham will have all their players from last Thursday back fresh and ready to finish the job. Main worry is Aguerd as he was very poor against Brentford and Ogbonna is slightly fatigues. Aguerd need to improve his worth. Hopefully to have Antonio back. We need to be our top level from the first whistle to the end and NO SLOW START.

Areola

Kehrer
Zouma
Aguerd/Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Paqueta
Benrahma

Antonio

Let go for it and do better than we did last season. We need to stay strong, focus, DON'T keep giving the balls away and convert our chances into goals plus our crosses need to do better.

Ogbonna surely has to play ahead of Aguerd.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:58 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 7:34 pm After our reserve/fringe players played against Brentford for another boring result, West Ham will have all their players from last Thursday back fresh and ready to finish the job. Main worry is Aguerd as he was very poor against Brentford and Ogbonna is slightly fatigues. Aguerd need to improve his worth. Hopefully to have Antonio back. We need to be our top level from the first whistle to the end and NO SLOW START.

Areola

Kehrer
Zouma
Aguerd/Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Paqueta
Benrahma

Antonio

That what I am hoping for as I feel more confident of defending with Ogbonna and Zouma.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Areola

Kehrer
Zouma
Aguerd/Ogbonna
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Paqueta
Benrahma

Antonio

Aguerd, gives us pace. If you going to drop him due to a dodgy pass today, you will need to drop the others too as they all make mistakes. Yes, even Rice.

You were Paqueta bashing before, now you seem to have moved on to Aguerd…

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:08 pm

Aguerd, gives us pace. If you going to drop him due to a dodgy pass today, you will need to drop the others too as they all make mistakes. Yes, even Rice.

I wasn’t,t bashing Paqueta. I was saying, as were a lot of others, that he wasn’t living up to his hype. Which he wasn’t,. He has played decently in recent gmes and I have acknowledged that. Aguerd may well give us pace but so would Usain Bolt. Ogbonna has no pace but he is a good defender imo. Aguerd Has been very error prone in his time with us. Seems I am far from being the only one with that opinion. I would not leave him out for Ogbonna because of a poor pass today, I would leave him out because of today’s error, his errors against Palace, his errors
against Brighton, his errors——— I,m sure you get my drift.

But, hey, Aguerd cost a lot of money, Ogbonna didn’t and some people don’t seem to see further than the cheque size. :(
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:35 pm

I wasn’t,t bashing Paqueta. I was saying, as were a lot of others, that he wasn’t living up to his hype. Which he wasn’t,. He has played decently in recent gmes and I have acknowledged that. Aguerd may well give us pace but so would Usain Bolt. Ogbonna has no pace but he is a good defender imo. Aguerd Has been very error prone in his time with us. Seems I am far from being the only one with that opinion. I would not leave him out for Ogbonna because of a poor pass today, I would leave him out because of today’s error, his errors against Palace, his errors

But, hey, Aguerd cost a lot of money, Ogbonna didn’t and some people don’t seem to see further than the cheque size. :(
Ogbonna did sign 8 years ago for £11 million,Aguerd was £30 million this season,so with inflation,there isn't a great deal of difference imo.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The fact remains that with Ogbonna in the team instead of Nathan we’ll be defending deeper than the titanic and it’ll be even more reminiscent of the Alamo than we think .

What’s the bets the cowardly Scottish Cunt plays 5 at the back ?
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:22 am The fact remains that with Ogbonna in the team instead of Nathan we’ll be defending deeper than the titanic and it’ll be even more reminiscent of the Alamo than we think .

What’s the bets the cowardly Scottish Cunt plays 5 at the back ?
That's my thoughts also, he will think the eggs are all in the basket and defend them like a mother hen. Give them more possession imo is a mistake and is a bit disrespectful.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:35 pm

But you ignoring the Ogbonna errors? Aguerd is imo the same as Ogbonna but with pace.

All half decent players cost a lot of money these days…