Survival Sunday

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Survival Sunday

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 am
Castiron wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:18 am Still a classic. His wife "For once they didn't fuck it up" :lol:
I've never seen that before.

Fucking hilarious :lol: :lol:
I’ve never seen that before either. And I’m IN IT :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:23 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:12 am

I agree but I SO want Everton to go …
So do I but I can't see Bournemouth winning at Goodison tbh. I reckon all 3 in the mix could win simply because they all need to and the teams they are playing don't. Very unusual for none of last season's promoted teams to be going down but I can see next season making up for that tbh.
Somebody on Kumb posted the aggregate scores from their matches this season .
Bournemouth 7 Everton 1

So you never know
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:43 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:12 am

I agree but I SO want Everton to go …
I don’t care now. Just wanted us and Forest to stay up so the season is finished for me except a certain game on 7th of June
I'd love the day there was absolutely fuck all to play for on the final day so those money-orientated cunts at Sky couldn't come out with all the dramatic dog shit like they always do.

'The fight for 10th. We'll have our cameras at both Selhurst Park and Brentford'

'And it's all live on Sky'

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I think I must have missed something here, but I cannot believe how Leicester sat back for 85 minutes knowing full well that 3 points would have taken them out of the bottom 3 with only us to play on the last day and we're in a final 3 days later!
I can understand you can't go all out at St James's but fuck me Man City they aint. It's not as though they haven't the players to knick a win there and in the grand scheme of things getting beat wouldn't have mattered a great deal as they have a superior goal difference to those around them. Surely a 1-0 win would have been better than a draw or a 3-0 defeat.
I went on the Leicester fan TV afterwards and there all saying what a great point it was!!
My only conclusion is that something's been dropped in to the drinking water in Leicestershire and they gone back to pre evolution. The current state of the lingo up there is obviously that of a barbarian race anyway so it probably all ties in somehow.
I couldn't really give a shit either way but I suspect the stunted one has a keen eye for McCunty's successor and will see their man in charge as a master tactician.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:50 am
JayK wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:43 am

I don’t care now. Just wanted us and Forest to stay up so the season is finished for me except a certain game on 7th of June
I'd love the day there was absolutely fuck all to play for on the final day so those money-orientated cunts at Sky couldn't come out with all the dramatic dog shit like they always do.

'The fight for 10th. We'll have our cameras at both Selhurst Park and Brentford'

'And it's all live on Sky'
A rare day that would be. But I would welcome it too
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm I think I must have missed something here, but I cannot believe how Leicester sat back for 85 minutes knowing full well that 3 points would have taken them out of the bottom 3 with only us to play on the last day and we're in a final 3 days later!
I can understand you can't go all out at St James's but fuck me Man City they aint. It's not as though they haven't the players to knick a win there and in the grand scheme of things getting beat wouldn't have mattered a great deal as they have a superior goal difference to those around them. Surely a 1-0 win would have been better than a draw or a 3-0 defeat.
I went on the Leicester fan TV afterwards and there all saying what a great point it was!!
My only conclusion is that something's been dropped in to the drinking water in Leicestershire and they gone back to pre evolution. The current state of the lingo up there is obviously that of a barbarian race anyway so it probably all ties in somehow.
I couldn't really give a shit either way but I suspect the stunted one has a keen eye for McCunty's successor and will see their man in charge as a master tactician.
We’re in a final 10 days later, but with the rest of it I get ya. Although Leicester are shit so maybe they thought a point was the best they could hope for. Silly really coz they still need that win and that’s against European finalists
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

I didn't see the game last night but saw highlights just now.

How the fuck wasn't Guimares sent off early on ? Just about the worst misuse of VAR I've seen to date and that's a fucking achievement.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm I think I must have missed something here, but I cannot believe how Leicester sat back for 85 minutes knowing full well that 3 points would have taken them out of the bottom 3 with only us to play on the last day and we're in a final 3 days later!
If I was a Leicester fan I would have been mightily fucked off watching them go for it in the last ten minutes. Why not go down fighting 🤷

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Castiron wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:08 pm
If I was a Leicester fan I would have been mightily fucked off watching them go for it in the last ten minutes. Why not go down fighting 🤷
Exactly mate.
The last ten minutes they had Newcastle by the nuts, which like you say begs the question why the fuck when you go in at half time 0-0 wouldn't you go for it at the start of the 2nd half. Knowing full well that a win takes you out of the bottom three and your last match is against a side with one eye on a final.
Yet according to their fans it's a decent point!!
Fucking madness in my book.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:58 pm I didn't see the game last night but saw highlights just now.

How the fuck wasn't Guimares sent off early on ? Just about the worst misuse of VAR I've seen to date and that's a fucking achievement.
Yeah that coulda been a leg breaker. Only saw a pic of it
COYI!!!