Survival Sunday

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Survival Sunday

Post by Ibbyham »

To be honest, I am hoping Everton to go down with Leeds.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Hope Leeds go down for one reason only....other than that I couldn't give a flying fuck, and just mightily relieved it's not us.

h69

Post by h69 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm I think I must have missed something here, but I cannot believe how Leicester sat back for 85 minutes knowing full well that 3 points would have taken them out of the bottom 3 with only us to play on the last day and we're in a final 3 days later!
I can understand you can't go all out at St James's but fuck me Man City they aint. It's not as though they haven't the players to knick a win there and in the grand scheme of things getting beat wouldn't have mattered a great deal as they have a superior goal difference to those around them. Surely a 1-0 win would have been better than a draw or a 3-0 defeat.
I went on the Leicester fan TV afterwards and there all saying what a great point it was!!
My only conclusion is that something's been dropped in to the drinking water in Leicestershire and they gone back to pre evolution. The current state of the lingo up there is obviously that of a barbarian race anyway so it probably all ties in somehow.
I couldn't really give a shit either way but I suspect the stunted one has a keen eye for McCunty's successor and will see their man in charge as a master tactician.
No you haven't. I was surprised too but perhaps it is down to player confidence. Managers can only do so much and it depends on whether players are playing afraid (like we have a lot this season) or with confidence (like us this week).

Its like Leicester thought that with 10 to go they stopped giving a shit and went for it (and maybe that was to do with Maddison and Barnes being on the pitch)

deanox

Post by deanox »

Castiron wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:18 am Still a classic. His wife "For once they didn't fuck it up" :lol:
Fucking brilliant :lol:
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:16 pm I think I must have missed something here, but I cannot believe how Leicester sat back for 85 minutes knowing full well that 3 points would have taken them out of the bottom 3 with only us to play on the last day and we're in a final 3 days later!
I can understand you can't go all out at St James's but fuck me Man City they aint. It's not as though they haven't the players to knick a win there and in the grand scheme of things getting beat wouldn't have mattered a great deal as they have a superior goal difference to those around them. Surely a 1-0 win would have been better than a draw or a 3-0 defeat.
I went on the Leicester fan TV afterwards and there all saying what a great point it was!!
My only conclusion is that something's been dropped in to the drinking water in Leicestershire and they gone back to pre evolution. The current state of the lingo up there is obviously that of a barbarian race anyway so it probably all ties in somehow.
I couldn't really give a shit either way but I suspect the stunted one has a keen eye for McCunty's successor and will see their man in charge as a master tactician.
If we're playing in a final 3 days after Leicester there's an awful lot of people with hotels booked for the following week going to be mightily pissed off. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:44 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:23 am

So do I but I can't see Bournemouth winning at Goodison tbh. I reckon all 3 in the mix could win simply because they all need to and the teams they are playing don't. Very unusual for none of last season's promoted teams to be going down but I can see next season making up for that tbh.
Somebody on Kumb posted the aggregate scores from their matches this season .
Bournemouth 7 Everton 1

So you never know
I'm probably missing something very fucking obvious here, but aggregate scores of what ?

On a totally different tack I'm surprised Gary O'Neil wasn't one of the nominattions for manager of the season. Considering the shit show he inherited from Man At Primark I reckon he's done a very good job keeping them afloat. Guardiola will obviously win it, and deservedly so if they win the CL as well, but surely O'Neil deserved to be on the short list ahead of Erik Ten Hag and Marco Silva. ? Not knocking what Ten Hag and Silva have done but not many people, including me, thought O'Neil would still be in the job at the end of the season when he was given the hot seat after they got stuffed 9-0 at Anfield.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:44 am

Somebody on Kumb posted the aggregate scores from their matches this season .
Bournemouth 7 Everton 1

So you never know
I'm probably missing something very fucking obvious here, but aggregate scores of what ?

On a totally different tack I'm surprised Gary O'Neil wasn't one of the nominattions for manager of the season. Considering the shit show he inherited from Man At Primark I reckon he's done a very good job keeping them afloat. Guardiola will obviously win it, and deservedly so if they win the CL as well, but surely O'Neil deserved to be on the short list ahead of Erik Ten Hag and Marco Silva. ? Not knocking what Ten Hag and Silva have done but not many people, including me, thought O'Neil would still be in the job at the end of the season when he was given the hot seat after they got stuffed 9-0 at Anfield.
The aggregate scores of the league & cup games the 2 sides have already contested this season .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:44 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:47 pm

The aggregate scores of the league & cup games the 2 sides have already contested this season .
That explains it. Thanks. I always forget about cup matches because they usually involve the reserve teams. ;)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:38 pm
If we're playing in a final 3 days after Leicester there's an awful lot of people with hotels booked for the following week going to be mightily pissed off. :lol:

Ok so I was a few days out ffs.
You get back to singing bubbles 😂
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

If the genie of football gave me one wish and it couldn't involve West Ham I'd wish for the hook-nosed vermin be found guilty of something massive and relegated to the Rymans League. But if he said it had to be about relegation I'd pick Everton.

Never forgotten their fans demanding Payet being kicked out of the game 9 years ago (is it really that long ?) and James McCarthy obliging. A marginally less obnoxious bunch of cunts than the victim fans although still in the same crime-riddled shithole of a city. But I suspect the squeaky ginger cunt will get them the win they need. I just pray a version of what I'd ask said genie for about Spuds could be bestowed upon them. Guilty as charged for continually flouting FFP rules and being cunts to boot. Kick off next season against Skelmersdale.

Not that keen on Leicester tbh but nowhere near Everton for general dislike. And Leeds I don't mind tbh. Even with Shrek at the helm.

Now, genie of football......one more wish please. It's not even for me. That Moyes. Surely you'll grant him a happy retirement now ?