Loyalty Points

Chat about anything football related here!
Daggers65

Loyalty Points

Post by Daggers65 »

Hi Gonzo

I would like raise an issue in regards to the way that loyalty points are accrued at West ham, I have been advised by the WHUFC ticket office that currently points are only accrued from the last 2 seasons attendance and also by attendance at away games. Myself and my son would love to attend more away games but never seem to have enough points to qualify for these games.

We have both been season ticket holders for 16 years straight and yet I know people who have only been season ticket holders for 2 years and have the same loyalty points (17) as us.

Additional loyalty points are given for away attendance but nothing seems to count for 16 years of loyal home attendance, going through relegation and a season in the Championship.

We used to go to away games quite regularly but now find it impossible to get tickets. I m not saying we should have the same Loyalty Points as say someone who goes to every home and away game but there should be some sort of recognition for the amount of years we, and many others like us, have been loyal supporters.

We will be renewing our Season Tickets again shortly, as we have done for the last 16 years, and it would nice to think that loyalty would be reciprocated in our loyalty points tally.

What are you and your followers thoughts on this subject?

Love your channel by the way, watch it on Youtube all the time.

Kind Regards
Dave Beck

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Loyalty Points

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Loyalty points are given to those that purchase away tickets after bond holders and home/away season ticket holders have already taken up their allocation
Loyalty points are also awarded to supporters purchasing cup tickets in any competition.
The simple fact is with so many S/T holders now chances are slim to zero for away fixtures.
I’m not Gonzo btw.

Hope this helps.

h69

Post by h69 »

Daggers65 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:15 pm Hi Gonzo

I would like raise an issue in regards to the way that loyalty points are accrued at West ham, I have been advised by the WHUFC ticket office that currently points are only accrued from the last 2 seasons attendance and also by attendance at away games. Myself and my son would love to attend more away games but never seem to have enough points to qualify for these games.

We have both been season ticket holders for 16 years straight and yet I know people who have only been season ticket holders for 2 years and have the same loyalty points (17) as us.

Additional loyalty points are given for away attendance but nothing seems to count for 16 years of loyal home attendance, going through relegation and a season in the Championship.

We used to go to away games quite regularly but now find it impossible to get tickets. I m not saying we should have the same Loyalty Points as say someone who goes to every home and away game but there should be some sort of recognition for the amount of years we, and many others like us, have been loyal supporters.

We will be renewing our Season Tickets again shortly, as we have done for the last 16 years, and it would nice to think that loyalty would be reciprocated in our loyalty points tally.

What are you and your followers thoughts on this subject?

Love your channel by the way, watch it on Youtube all the time.

Kind Regards
Dave Beck
It its difficult as there are a lot who want to go away and we have over 50K ST holders. I have a high number of points and built mine up when we were at UP as there were not many who travelled to every game when we were really shit and in the Championship. Trouble is now when there is a small allocation, only the same people with high points get higher meaning there is a big gap between people on 50+ and those on 18 (which you can get just with all the home cup games and the odd midweek away cup.

Awarding Loyalty based on how long you have had a ST is ok to put you above those who have only been around a year or two but then the people who drive up and down the motorway to away games are still going to rightly get priority and so it wont matter much.

There is no real easy way to do it to be honest given the size of the crowd and listening to mates at Chelsea it seems this scheme is pretty much what most do. The rolling two years is so they can deal with the early games in a season.

What is unfair is the Bondholders and Away ST holders as this is a closed shop and you cant join or earn your way into them now but the club made promises back in the days of Terry Brown and they cant get out of it now.

Attached is the ticket allocations for all away games this season and it is rare that it does not sell out. for example, at least everyone with 31 points will get a final ticket now that the allocation has increased by 1000 but I suspect it will go down only to the 20s.

I'm not Gonzo either.
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 16.21.23.png
Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 16.21.23.png (503.34 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I suppose the only way to make ground up on the pack is to apply for the slightly easier opportunities .
Midweek league and cup games in the north of England , the games some people may shy away from due to work commitments etc .
It’ll take a few years but it’s the only way I’m afraid .

Oh and I’m not Gonzo either . He’s not been seen here for years 🤣
But if you bump into him ask him how he gets his away tickets :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:12 pm I suppose the only way to make ground up on the pack is to apply for the slightly easier opportunities .
Midweek league and cup games in the north of England , the games some people may shy away from due to work commitments etc .
It’ll take a few years but it’s the only way I’m afraid .

Oh and I’m not Gonzo either . He’s not been seen here for years 🤣
But if you bump into him ask him how he gets his away tickets :lol: :lol:
I’m not Gonzo either, and nor is my wife.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Not on topic but This Gonzo fella, is this the guy who fell
Asleep with his knob out on a train years ago?

Asking for a friend

:lol:
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

JayK

Post by JayK »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:16 am Not on topic but This Gonzo fella, is this the guy who fell

Asking for a friend

COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:16 am Not on topic but This Gonzo fella, is this the guy who fell

Asking for a friend

Allegedly :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

garnett

Post by garnett »

Asking for a friend

Pat Reon ?