Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Re: Leicester City vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by dagenhamdave »

We have so many poor players it in hard to believe we are in the final of anything.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Wish I could blame Moyes for that shit .

Can I ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:22 pm We have so many poor players it in hard to believe we are in the final of anything.
That’s exactly why I can’t get too optimistic about The result in Prague. I wouldn’t say we have poor players but far too many ordinary ones for a side hoping to lift a trophy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:15 pm They’ve got something to hold onto we’ve got fa to play for…classic stalemate
How did we have nothing to play for BLC ? , Here's a few - the win ? , self respect ? , higher position in the league , places in the final in europe up for grabs , give Moyes something to think about ( if that's possible ) .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:39 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:15 pm They’ve got something to hold onto we’ve got fa to play for…classic stalemate
How did we have nothing to play for BLC ? , Here's a few - the win ? , self respect ? , higher position in the league , places in the final in europe up for grabs , give Moyes something to think about ( if that's possible ) .
I think the fringe players knew , as do we , that they could shit miracles , score 5 goals each etc and they still wouldn’t be considered for the Prague line up .
No point in “giving Moyes something to think about” as he’s already made his mind up. Obviously he isn’t a great motivator unless it’s to his benefit .
Which winning the Conference would do for his CV .
We could have , should have , wiped the floor with Leicester today . I know it’s not important to most people but I’m quite upset about that performance today .

And to be honest I’m not all that excited at the prospect of having Moyes continuing in the same vein next season so having difficulty getting excited about the final as I know I can’t win .
I do hope Fornals starts next week though as I think he deserves it . As does Kehrer .
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:14 pm

I think the fringe players knew , as do we , that they could shit miracles , score 5 goals each etc and they still wouldn’t be considered for the Prague line up .
No point in “giving Moyes something to think about” as he’s already made his mind up. Obviously he isn’t a great motivator unless it’s to his benefit .
We could have , should have , wiped the floor with Leicester today . I know it’s not important to most people but I’m quite upset about that performance today .

And to be honest I’m not all that excited at the prospect of having Moyes continuing in the same vein next season so having difficulty getting excited about the final as I know I can’t win .
I do hope Fornals starts next week though as I think he deserves it . As does Kehrer .
I myself always want us to win regardless, it is always important. But it has become more difficult not to expect the sort of performance we saw especially in light of what the stakes were and who the band leader was. This season the who gives a fuck feeling has well and truly been playing it's role. What makes it worse is that it seems that it will be around for a while, especially if we win the CL giving the scotch prick vindication for how he has run the ship this term.

Good season?! Pfff nice to win it but it only highlights the crap we have endured for nigh on 2 years for a moment of third tier glory. Winning it, or even getting as far as we have, doesn't paper over the fact that Moyes is a useless one trick pony and a lucky one at that. Well his luck I feel is soon to run out and we might just suffer because of it.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'll concede that a few of the players yesterday could be excused for taking it a bit easy. We owed Leicester nothing. And if keeping injury free before a 3rd tier cup helps win it then good...it leads to being in a 2nd tier cup. We also had more possession and shots than Leicester, something almost unheard of away from home under McDullard. While still being shite. That Ings miss ? WTF.....get fucking rid pdq.

But win it or not he has to go. He won't change. This coming transfer window is critical for the club's future as in it, Declan will go and not only will a replacement be needed but about 6 others too that can immediately go into the first team.

The window opens on June 14th. A complete rebuild will take time. But more 'adventurous' players will look at his style and think 'fuck that'. If I were Harvey Barnes and both West Ham and Villa had offers accepted I wouldn't be giving jellied eels a try.

I doubt for a moment the dwarf will see it like that. It will be business as usual with a couple of uninspiring additions. IF he plays the long game with Rice and sticks to his guns about the fee it's possible that Declan could still start the season as a West Ham player as the window doesn't close until September 1st.

But leave he will. Maybe to the Arse with that lad Balogun as part of the deal. If however we start next season as badly as the one just gone there can be no thoughts of giving the Scotch arse time. He's run out of that. He'll need to be offed after about 4 games. Sullivan got fucking lucky by sticking with him, make no mistake. Leeds and Leicester didn't and stuck with their own respective managers too long. West Ham have to go the Villa route.

And hope that a decent alternative is still on the market.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:26 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:14 pm

I myself always want us to win regardless, it is always important. But it has become more difficult not to expect the sort of performance we saw especially in light of what the stakes were and who the band leader was. This season the who gives a fuck feeling has well and truly been playing it's role. What makes it worse is that it seems that it will be around for a while, especially if we win the CL giving the scotch prick vindication for how he has run the ship this term.

Good season?! Pfff nice to win it but it only highlights the crap we have endured for nigh on 2 years for a moment of third tier glory. Winning it, or even getting as far as we have, doesn't paper over the fact that Moyes is a useless one trick pony and a lucky one at that. Well his luck I feel is soon to run out and we might just suffer because of it.
I guess that's fair comment Joe. But unfortunately"third tier glory" is about as much as clubs at our level can hope for. I'm assuming that , like me, you feel that the Europa League is probably a step too far for us to take, given the quality of teams likely to be in it next season.

For me the conference cup, whilst obviously the poor relation in Europe, does at least give clubs at our level the opportunity of experiencing European competition, an experience which would otherwise be beyond their expectations. Even fans of Aston Villa, previous European Cup Winners, are delighted to have qualified for next season's conference.

The other thing, at least imo, that will need addressing is the balance of the squad. A Rice-less West Ham without serious quality additions to the squad, partiularly in the creative and goal scoring departments is a must. We are over relaint on Paqueta and when he is poor, as he was yesterday, we are over reliant on set pieces. I expect Fornals to be off if Moyes remains which further reduces our midfield creativity.

Shearer made a very good point in the box last night. Referring to Southampton's relegation he said that what happened to them is something that could easily happen to 12 or 13 clubs in the Premier League. I think we can guess which 7 or 8 he thinks won't fall into that category and we certainly aren't one of them are we ?

And of course the biggest factor in all the Moyes In Moyes out furore is who comes in ? If, as is widely expected in Germany, Tuchel quits Bayern today does anybody seriously think the dwarf would have the balls to approach him to sound him out ? Of course he won't. Not while there are serial losers like Steve Bruce and Brendan Rodgers on the merry go round.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Indeed mate, the whole mentality of the club needs to change including the fanbase.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Shearer made a very good point in the box last night. Referring to Southampton's relegation he said that what happened to them is something that could easily happen to 12 or 13 clubs in the Premier League"

wasnt exactly rocket scientist level thinking needed to come up with that amazing and forward thinking insight...every season someone comes up with the same /similar statement