Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Moyes here next season or not ?

Post by Whiskyman »

FlatCapDave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:44 pm The question I always ask when something like this is discussed is, who do we replace him with? Is there an outstanding candidate that we're fairly well convinced would actually come to West Ham?

Look at the trouble Spurs are having getting a new manager in. Would we face similar issues? It seems we're shopping in the same isle of the managerial supermarket these days.

While Moyes is definitely not the sexy option, we know the grass isn't always greener. We know he managed to keep us up and turn things around after Bilic and Pellegrini, but in seasons where he was given the entire year to work he's accomplished league finishes of 6th, 7th, and possibly 13th this season, including a record premier league points total. Chuck in a European semi-final and now a final with a potential European trophy?

I'm not so sure we should be wishing away the manager who's brought that to the club.
You make a good point about his replacement but I think you're wrong that we are shopping in the same supermarket aisle as Spurs. They apparently are still hoping, after Arne Slot turned them down, that someone like Luis Enrique will come riding over the horizon. I doubt if the dwarf has even heard of Arne Slot, never mind considered employing him. He probably thinks Arne Slot is a new fruit machine gambling site. I'm still hoping Spurs end up employing Brendan Rodgers. That really would make my day.

I agree with you that Moyes has brought some recognition to the club, although it should be remembered he hasn't actually won anything yet of course,. However what can't be ignored is that our league form, since the start of 2022, a period of nearly a year and a half, has been appalling and the coaching staff, which of course is not just Moyes, seem unable to halt the decline. That is my concern for the future, particularly as our best player, by some distance, will almost certainly be off in the summer.

I do share your concerns over who the replacement might be should he resign or be dismissed. Brighton have improved out of all recognition under de Zerbi which makes me think Graham Potter has possibly got a reputation better than his record deserves , and he seems to be the popular choice amongst fans at the moment. Postecoglou, another name which keeps cropping up, has won titles in Scotland. To which I say so did Steven Gerrard.

No, the problem we have, and will continue to have under the present ownership, is that West Ham are not an attractive employment opportunity for an aspiring manager hoping to use a mid range club as a stepping stone to a top job. Which leads me to believe we will select our next manager from the merry go round of recycled has beens and never will bes. Which brings me back to my earlier point that I hope Levy takes Rodgers off the dole queue before the dwarf is tempted into making a move.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:41 pm
FlatCapDave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:44 pm The question I always ask when something like this is discussed is, who do we replace him with? Is there an outstanding candidate that we're fairly well convinced would actually come to West Ham?

Look at the trouble Spurs are having getting a new manager in. Would we face similar issues? It seems we're shopping in the same isle of the managerial supermarket these days.

While Moyes is definitely not the sexy option, we know the grass isn't always greener. We know he managed to keep us up and turn things around after Bilic and Pellegrini, but in seasons where he was given the entire year to work he's accomplished league finishes of 6th, 7th, and possibly 13th this season, including a record premier league points total. Chuck in a European semi-final and now a final with a potential European trophy?

I'm not so sure we should be wishing away the manager who's brought that to the club.
You make a good point about his replacement but I think you're wrong that we are shopping in the same supermarket aisle as Spurs. They apparently are still hoping, after Arne Slot turned them down, that someone like Luis Enrique will come riding over the horizon. I doubt if the dwarf has even heard of Arne Slot, never mind considered employing him. He probably thinks Arne Slot is a new fruit machine gambling site. I'm still hoping Spurs end up employing Brendan Rodgers. That really would make my day.

I agree with you that Moyes has brought some recognition to the club, although it should be remembered he hasn't actually won anything yet of course,. However what can't be ignored is that our league form, since the start of 2022, a period of nearly a year and a half, has been appalling and the coaching staff, which of course is not just Moyes, seem unable to halt the decline. That is my concern for the future, particularly as our best player, by some distance, will almost certainly be off in the summer.

I do share your concerns over who the replacement might be should he resign or be dismissed. Brighton have improved out of all recognition under de Zerbi which makes me think Graham Potter has possibly got a reputation better than his record deserves , and he seems to be the popular choice amongst fans at the moment. Postecoglou, another name which keeps cropping up, has won titles in Scotland. To which I say so did Steven Gerrard.

No, the problem we have, and will continue to have under the present ownership, is that West Ham are not an attractive employment opportunity for an aspiring manager hoping to use a mid range club as a stepping stone to a top job. Which leads me to believe we will select our next manager from the merry go round of recycled has beens and never will bes. Which brings me back to my earlier point that I hope Levy takes Rodgers off the dole queue before the dwarf is tempted into making a move.
My comments on Spurs are more to do with who they'll actually get as opposed to who they think they can get. They may be looking at Arne Slot and Luis Enrique, but that doesn't mean they're getting someone like that. We could easily look at managers like that as well. Same as I could look in the window and even ask about the price of the shiny new Lambo in the dealership. Any manager worth their salt will have seen and heard comments by the likes of Conte and Mourinho and will be extremely wary if they're smart. Much like us, ownership is causing them problems.

If Moyes walked after the final I'm pretty sure both us and Spurs would be talking to and hearing from the same agents when it comes to new managers.

Our league form of late hasn't been great, but its where we finish at the end of the season that matters, and Moyes has secured us 6th, 7th and potentially 13th during his time here, along with a European semi-final, and at worst a European final.

I honestly don't think we can grumble about that. Sure, we can pick out periods of time where we've not been great, but it's league finishes and cup runs that matter.

If someone had told me when Pellegrini walked that within a few short years we'd be in a European semi-final then a final the following season I'd likely have made moves to have them sectioned.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that if Moyes decides to leave after the final, he'll have no shortage of clubs reaching out. The likes of Southampton, Leicester and Leeds would bite your hand of for a manager that could get them to a European final and a 13th place finish on a bad season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

FlatCapDave wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:41 pm

My comments on Spurs are more to do with who they'll actually get as opposed to who they think they can get. They may be looking at Arne Slot and Luis Enrique, but that doesn't mean they're getting someone like that. We could easily look at managers like that as well. Same as I could look in the window and even ask about the price of the shiny new Lambo in the dealership. Any manager worth their salt will have seen and heard comments by the likes of Conte and Mourinho and will be extremely wary if they're smart. Much like us, ownership is causing them problems.

If Moyes walked after the final I'm pretty sure both us and Spurs would be talking to and hearing from the same agents when it comes to new managers.

Our league form of late hasn't been great, but its where we finish at the end of the season that matters, and Moyes has secured us 6th, 7th and potentially 13th during his time here, along with a European semi-final, and at worst a European final.

I honestly don't think we can grumble about that. Sure, we can pick out periods of time where we've not been great, but it's league finishes and cup runs that matter.

If someone had told me when Pellegrini walked that within a few short years we'd be in a European semi-final then a final the following season I'd likely have made moves to have them sectioned.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that if Moyes decides to leave after the final, he'll have no shortage of clubs reaching out. The likes of Southampton, Leicester and Leeds would bite your hand of for a manager that could get them to a European final and a 13th place finish on a bad season.
What I thought was ironic was listening to a radio phone in show when Bielsa was in charge at Leeds. It was around the time when the first rumblings and grumblings about our form unsder Moyes had started and Leeds were also dropping into trouble. A West Ham "Mr Angry" had just been ranting about what he described as our negative style and a few moments later a Leeds fans came on and said they needed a manager like Moyes to sort out their leaky defence. Grass is always greener I guess. :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:04 pm I bet if this poll was put on KUMB,it would be a completely different result to Hammerschat :lol:
I think you are very wrong and I would happily take your bet, and your money. But what point are you making exactly ?

If there was a poll on KUMB it would be more representative of the feelings among the fanvase because KUMB has far more contributots. But I suspect the majority vote would be that he should be replaced. And by some distance.
Why do you take everything so seriously mate?Your hormone playing up? :lol: We both know about KUMB and the Admin with their lick arse following..Its just a bit of banter,okay

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:22 pm

I think you are very wrong and I would happily take your bet, and your money. But what point are you making exactly ?

If there was a poll on KUMB it would be more representative of the feelings among the fanvase because KUMB has far more contributots. But I suspect the majority vote would be that he should be replaced. And by some distance.
Why do you take everything so seriously mate?Your hormone praying up? :lol: We both know about KUMB and the Admin with their lick arse following..Its just a bit of banter,okay
Nothing wrong with my hormones pal. Your relationship with KUMB, which I notice you keep visiting, seems a bit like the sad old banger who stays with her old man despite the fact he keeps using her as a punchbag. She hates him, is scared of him, but she just can't live without him.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:33 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:29 pm

Why do you take everything so seriously mate?Your hormone praying up? :lol: We both know about KUMB and the Admin with their lick arse following..Its just a bit of banter,okay
Nothing wrong with my hormones pal. Your relationship with KUMB, which I notice you keep visiting, seems a bit like the sad old banger who stays with her old man despite the fact he keeps using her as a punchbag. She hates him, is scared of him, but she just can't live without him.
I probably put less 10 posts on there in the last month,but why dose it matter so much to.you,where I post?You probably post more than me lately.I did notice you posting about yours truly on there.I thought that fella loves me. :lol:

I post more on here than anywhere else.I prefer the down to earth people,mostly on here.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

:lol: :lol:
Moyes and sexy in the same sentence.......now I know you were only joking

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

whu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 pm FS

Clicked option three before I saw four - get rid.
Apparently a few on here did the same .. but they didn't see options 3 and 4

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:41 pm
whu wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:19 pm FS

Clicked option three before I saw four - get rid.
Apparently a few on here did the same .. but they didn't see options 3 and 4
Look 👀,

I fucked up with the Poll ok ?
Even moderator’s make mistakes sometimes .
The fact IS that so far most people on here don’t want Moyes here next season , having said that we could probably all have predicted that to be the case .

However it’s good that one or two are voting the other way and even better that someone (see Dave’s post above 👏🏻) has actually posted their reasons for keeping him on … it’s sure to provoke some decent debate .
Having said that , and everyone is entitled to their opinion of course , it’ll take a lot more than the KUMB “ but he’s achieved 2 top 7 finishes , a European semi AND a final in 3 seasons” argument to convince me that the arrogant clueless cowardly Cunt has been a messiah .
I was finished with the cunt the minute he threw a cup quarter final at Arsenal 2 weeks after declaring “ winning is what I do” .
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I honestly wish I could go back in time to show some people what I witnessed with this cunt when he was manager of Everton. You'd be amazed how this wage thieving cunt has managed to steal a very lucrative living in football on the back of continual failure. The difference between him in the early 2000's right up to now is practically nothing. Same style, same tactics and invariably the same fucking outcomes.
Most of the dinosaur brigade of manager from those days have thankfully been weeded out, but not him, he clings to football management like a limpit and luckily enough for him he has an equally contemptible boss who is only too willing to employ him.
The sight of him hopping around like a rabid kangaroo after our semi final win made me want to scoop my own eyeballs out with a spoon!
If it were left to me I'd sack the cunt immediately after the whistle blows at Leicester on Sunday followed by a large boot up his arse.
If it wasn't for the fans that have had to endure this cunts turgid garbage for the last 18 months I'd say fuck the cup as well. But for them and the thousands who have never seen us win a trophy I sincerely hope we do beat the Italians. Not for him or the people that employ him, just for the fans.
They're the people that truly deserve it.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.