Well now David.

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: If Moyes Goes (Poll)

Post by Towie »

BFS ✔️
Moyes✔️

Brucie next.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Re: Moyes here next season or not ?

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:46 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:15 pm I am pretty sure there will be many fans telling their grandchildren about us winning a european trophy back in 2023 ( if it happens ) . But what will also be mentioned will be our poor season under an archaic manager...
Disagree completely.

The 2006 FA Cup final is the only cup final I have witnessed, and fucked if I remember how we did in the league that season.

I have no idea how we performed in and around the seasons of '64, '75, and '80. And I never hear anybody mention it either. I only know that we were in the second tier in 1980, and the reason this gets mentioned - because it's an achievement to have won the cup from a tier below.

Supporters (like people in general) tend to recall the past in a more positive, nostalgic light. I doubt that in twenty years time, many (if anybody) will remember our league season, however they'll all recall where they were the night we rolled the Italians.
2006, our 1st season back in the prem with Pardew. Finished 9th if I’m not mistaken. Fuck knows why I remember that coz there’s lots of seasons I don’t remember our finishing position
COYI!!!

deanox

Post by deanox »

Nope
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Confidence in that snidey pimp, absolutely not. Anything that thing does is for his own personal gain, hence why we have that fucking halfwit as a manager.
Nope, untill all the sewerage is cleared out, this club will never move forward.
Fuck the pair of em.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

No Confidence whatsoever……..we know they will buy a previously damaged / out of date manager from the end of row section of the cheapest supermarket 😮

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Newmarket wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:38 pm Bingo . You have summed it up in a nutshell .
A tad more palatable.

Not so impressive as to warrant the arrogant Scottish Cunt keeping his job though .

Not even a tad .
If we win this cup, he's going nowhere. You'd be as well accepting that from the off. Fuck, even if we lose the final he's still not going anywhere.

In my opinion, a cup win should see him given a chance to improve on our league form next year. But....as I've said already, if we hit the months of November/December and it's all looking decidedly ropey then I'll be among those saying his time has come.

If he can negotiate us back into a position where we're realistically looking at a top ten finish and we're doing well in one of the cups then he's doing his job in my opinion.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

Moyes came in and steadied the ship when we needed it….on his return he done well for a season and a bit (still think we should have got a champions league place)…..but the last year or so has been awful, I for one am sick of travelling all the way to games to be bored to death with football…..mainly watching the opposition with the ball 70-80 % of the time.
Win or lose I want to be entertained with football that regularly gets you off your seat.
Moyes has pissed me off big time for ages now refusing to change his defeatist tatics, but if we win the final I will be pleased for us and for Moyes as he has never won anything ….so good luck to him, But I do not want to see him and his football anywhere near our club next season.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I would like to think and hope that Daniel Kretinsky will have a big influence on who our next manager is?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:15 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Disagree completely.

The 2006 FA Cup final is the only cup final I have witnessed, and fucked if I remember how we did in the league that season.

I have no idea how we performed in and around the seasons of '64, '75, and '80. And I never hear anybody mention it either. I only know that we were in the second tier in 1980, and the reason this gets mentioned - because it's an achievement to have won the cup from a tier below.

Supporters (like people in general) tend to recall the past in a more positive, nostalgic light. I doubt that in twenty years time, many (if anybody) will remember our league season, however they'll all recall where they were the night we rolled the Italians.
2006, our 1st season back in the prem with Pardew. Finished 9th if I’m not mistaken. Fuck knows why I remember that coz there’s lots of seasons I don’t remember our finishing position
Thanks for the support Jay! :lol:

And I just checked. You are not mistaken.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

HamstasParadise wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:03 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:32 pm Sam went I believe because his contract expired, Moyes took his place, and I am guessing here, because he appeared to be made up of similar stuff to Lardy.
Bilic followed BFS.

But I suspect you are right we will get a cut price replacement if they do let Moyes go. It’s a bit like we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

Will we be lucky by appointing a bright up and coming manager like a de Zerbi or Thomas Frank….? Well there is inevitably a bit of luck involved as no-ones prior record is a guarantee of success in the PL. Just like big money transfer strikers. This next manager change worries me but if it is going to happen at the end of Moyes contract in they may as get on with it now.
Forgot about Bilic, shouldn't have but age wares the brain cells. I could be excused for mistaking him for Moyes as wasn't he the one that tried to turn Antonio into a right back.? A Moyes trait.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest