THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: THE FINAL

Post by deanox »

All i know is that when i was at the Metz away game, I didn't give a flying fuck that the trophy was the intertoto cup, all I knew was we had one a cup in Europe and no one could say different.

I wish I could be in Prague for this final and nothing but respect for all our supporters who will be there.

We should cherish cup finals as mentioned they are not that easy to get too.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

deanox wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:38 pm All i know is that when i was at the Metz away game, I didn't give a flying fuck that the trophy was the intertoto cup, all I knew was we had one a cup in Europe and no one could say different.

I wish I could be in Prague for this final and nothing but respect for all our supporters who will be there.

Agree with all of this as I was there as well as I was at Wembley in 75,80, 81 and at Cardiff 17 years ago.

I hope for all our young fans that have never known us to win a trophy, that the boys raise their game a bit more to win this one for them .

Then fuck Moyes off for good .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:27 pm
deanox wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:38 pm All i know is that when i was at the Metz away game, I didn't give a flying fuck that the trophy was the intertoto cup, all I knew was we had one a cup in Europe and no one could say different.

Agree with all of this as I was there as well as I was at Wembley in 75,80, 81 and at Cardiff 17 years ago.

I hope for all our young fans that have never known us to win a trophy, that the boys raise their game a bit more to win this one for them .

Not just the young fans , it's 43 years since we won a trophy , a youngster back then would be in their fifties now mate .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Clayton wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:46 pm

Not just the young fans , it's 43 years since we won a trophy , a youngster back then would be in their fifties now mate .
I was 15.I remember every moment from that FA Cup run,from WBA in early January right up to that magic playing Arsenal in May.This trophy meant everything at the time.The only way to describe to a youngster,feeling wise,is winning the Champion's League now.

Nothing will ever compare to that day,but if we did win the Conference League,it will be the best moment since then.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Nearly. I was 6 in 1980. Don’t really remember that
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 pm
I was 1.

Remember it like it was yesterday.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:25 pm
JayK wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:53 pm

I was 1.

Remember it like it was yesterday.
:lol:
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Would you omit Benny from the starting lineup and start Fornals as has been hinted at by Moyes so a rumour says. Or would you choose another candidate?

I think it would be a kick in the teeth for Benny. Ok I agree he has negatives spoken of in other posts but if performances determined whether you got, kept or lost your place, or to put it as Moyes did " you have to earn your place", then there is at least one candidate that deserves replacing more than he.

Personally i think if you want to replace a player the last thing you do is bring up performances when the player you are thinking of replacing is by far not the worse offender. So if Its true Moyes really needs to answer truthfully Benny's question " why me? "
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 am Would you omit Benny from the starting lineup and start Fornals as has been hinted at by Moyes so a rumour says. Or would you choose another candidate?

I think it would be a kick in the teeth for Benny. Ok I agree he has negatives spoken of in other posts but if performances determined whether you got, kept or lost your place, or to put it as Moyes did " you have to earn your place", then there is at least one candidate that deserves replacing more than he.

Personally i think if you want to replace a player the last thing you do is bring up performances when the player you are thinking of replacing is by far not the worse offender. So if Its true Moyes really needs to answer truthfully Benny's question " why me? "
I don`t think Benny has any teeth left for the cunt to kick, and now the eyetie wants out and who can blame him, so now we go on the hunt for another antonio clone, the wannabe celeb on the other wing wasn`t dropped for ages whilst he was shit.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

It’s only ever Benrahma or Fornals. Always has been .

Barring injury it’s always first sub made whatever way round it is .

No point in having more than 12/13 players as Moyes never considers others.

It’s the reason every team we play has sussed is out .

If WE know…

One trick pony . Out the Cunt.
Bring back Jonathon !