THE FINAL

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: THE FINAL

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:02 pm
Towie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Then why you concerned? I’m pretty sure the players know they achieved nothing yet.
But what they have done is put the feel good factor back into the supporters which was evident with the atmosphere on Sunday at Leeds game.
So stop being a boring old fart. 🤘
I'm not concerned at all. Win, lose or draw it's not going to affect my life is it ? I was simply expressing an opinion on a forum FFS. Imo it's best to celebrate when the job is done, not when it's half complete.

Or putting it another way winning ANY game merits a celebration. But tbh I thought the semi final celebs were a tad OTT. You obviously disagree.
Why do you post on here then?

Surely you were happy last Thursday night?

West Ham plays a big part in all our lives otherwise we wouldn't bother with this forum,would we? It does matter,claret and blue is in all the blood.

It don't matter what class you are,rich or poor,if we win it,we will all have a:smile like a Cheshire cat and will all be celebrating .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:22 pm

I'm not concerned at all. Win, lose or draw it's not going to affect my life is it ? I was simply expressing an opinion on a forum FFS. Imo it's best to celebrate when the job is done, not when it's half complete.

Or putting it another way winning ANY game merits a celebration. But tbh I thought the semi final celebs were a tad OTT. You obviously disagree.
Why do you post on here then?

West Ham plays a big part in all our lives otherwise we wouldn't bother with this forum,would we?

It don't matter what class you are,rich or poor,if we win it,we will all have a:smile like a Cheshire cat and will all be celebrating .
What the fucking hell are you talking about.? I said that the job isn't done yet until the final has been won and the cup presented. Do you disagree ? And I see you've thrown in the "class and money" thing again. You really are a piece of work. babyfuckoff
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

deanox wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:26 pm As I remember Sevilla and olympic mayonaise were supposed to be too good for us.
I think being the underdog suits us as it plays into our counter attacking style.

It may not be pretty football having far less possession, but if we sneak a win with a breakaway goal the only stat that counts is if you win the trophy.
The problem with that is that most have got us down as favourites, not just this game, but from the beginning of the competition.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Towie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Then why you concerned? I’m pretty sure the players know they achieved nothing yet.
But what they have done is put the feel good factor back into the supporters which was evident with the atmosphere on Sunday at Leeds game.
So stop being a boring old fart. 🤘

Which is it? first you say a little concerned with celebrations, now you not concerned at all.

Come on Whiskyman you getting as bad as my missus changing her mind.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:30 pm
deanox wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:26 pm As I remember Sevilla and olympic mayonaise were supposed to be too good for us.
I think being the underdog suits us as it plays into our counter attacking style.

It may not be pretty football having far less possession, but if we sneak a win with a breakaway goal the only stat that counts is if you win the trophy.
The problem with that is that most have got us down as favourites, not just this game, but from the beginning of the competition.
We have been the bookies favourites right through.
We will play this game the exact way we did vs Alkmaar.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:51 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:52 pm

Highly rated by Tony Gale I hear
And still lives modestly, I hear - drives a Zephyr.
i think thats blown over a few heads....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:16 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:51 pm

And still lives modestly, I hear - drives a Zephyr.
i think thats blown over a few heads....
Gives great head too by all accounts :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 am

For what it's worth I've seen quite a few highlights from their games this season. Only weekly highlights admittedly but they do have a number of very technically gifted players. Anyone thinking we've only got to turn up to win, including people inside the club, are in for a nasty shock imo.

That's why I was a little bit concerned about the celebrations after the win in Alkmaar. At the risk of being a killjoy wouldn't they have been better off being kept until we'd actually won the bloody thing ?
Nothing wrong with celebrating reaching the final, Fiorentina also done it in their semi final in Geneva.
Exactly. They were not celebrating winning the cup prematurely, they are celebrating reaching a final which is an achievement in itself for our club.

You should celebrate any achievement as life is too short.

I doubt anyone at the club is overconfident and I believe the opposition were also celebrating for the same reason.

Win lose or draw, both clubs have achieved something they rarely do this season. Why not enjoy it ?

That's how I will treat the final whether we win or lose. A party !!!! Nothing to gain by being miserable.
Last edited by h69 on Fri May 26, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:44 pm
Towie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Nothing wrong with celebrating reaching the final, Fiorentina also done it in their semi final in Geneva.
Nothing wrong with it, as long as you realise it actually means fuck all. Winning is the achievement, not making up the numbers and coming second on the day when it matters.
Yawn !!!!

Remind me to resurrect this lecture when you moan about the playing style after we win 1-0 in a league game next season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:44 pm

Nothing wrong with it, as long as you realise it actually means fuck all. Winning is the achievement, not making up the numbers and coming second on the day when it matters.
Yawn !!!!

Remind me to resurrect this lecture when you moan about the playing style after we win 1-0 in a league game next season.
What the hell has playing style got to do with the topic of this particular discussion ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?