West Ham Old Boys

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

West Ham Old Boys

Post by Whiskyman »

3 of them to be exact played their part in Luton’s play off win today. Pelli Ruddock Mpanzu became the first player to go through from non league to premier league with the same club, Reece Burke came on as a sub early in the game and Dan Potts took one of the Luton penalties. Bloody good achievement going from non league to the PL in such a short time.

That bloody ground is going to be a culture shock to a lot of people. Pity their new gaff won’t be ready for next season.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Re: West Ham Old Boys

Post by JayK »

I was reading some stuff last night. Only took them 9 years to go from non league to prem.

Both them and Coventry were promoted from league 2 the same season so their rise together is very similar.

Dan Potts didn’t just take a pen, he was captain too after their original captain went off very early after collapsing
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I live in a village not too far away from Luton and there were many that went yesterday including my son(whose West Ham,but does watch a few Luton games).Good to see the local team in the PL.Hopefully,I will travelling down with a few next season to the LS.It would not surprise me at all if we play one of the promoted sides in their first Home game in August.

It will be the first fixture,I will be looking for when they come out.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:02 am I live in a village not too far away from Luton and there were many that went yesterday including my son(whose West Ham,but does watch a few Luton games).Good to see the local team in the PL.Hopefully,I will travelling down with a few next season to the LS.It would not surprise me at all if we play one of the promoted sides in their first Home game in August.

It'll be the height of summer for their first home game.

Watch out for the locals mumbling to themselves and wearing a bulky coat despite the heat.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:24 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:02 am I live in a village not too far away from Luton and there were many that went yesterday including my son(whose West Ham,but does watch a few Luton games).Good to see the local team in the PL.Hopefully,I will travelling down with a few next season to the LS.It would not surprise me at all if we play one of the promoted sides in their first Home game in August.

Watch out for the locals mumbling to themselves and wearing a bulky coat despite the heat.
Well they will certainly not look out of place strolling around Newham pre-game.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You crack me up Pale. :lol:

Tbf Upton Park wasn't much different.On match days,it was different,but any other time,it was a completely different place,even in the late 70s,early 80s.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:32 am

Well they will certainly not look out of place strolling around Newham pre-game.
Nonsense.

I went last Sunday. And apart from the odd Leeds fan, who I could identify by the fact they had a whippet and coal dust on their faces, it was wall to wall pearly Kings and Queens belting out 'Bye bye blackbird...while hooking their thumbs behind their braces and doing a little jig, pie & mash and whelk stall franchises outside the ILS, traditional pubs in Westfield where working class blokes in flat caps drank light and bitter and greengrocers shouting out 'Apples a parn pears'.

Even the occasional NPP was a cheery chap wearing a claret and blue scarf and carrying a rattle.

I love coming to the smoke. It's in me blood.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:23 am I was reading some stuff last night. Only took them 9 years to go from non league to prem.

Both them and Coventry were promoted from league 2 the same season so their rise together is very similar.

Dan Potts didn’t just take a pen, he was captain too after their original captain went off very early after collapsing
He was indeed. But only after he came on deep into extra time. Haven't a scooby who took the armband when Lockyer went off. Reece Burke came on after only a few minutes and had a very decent game in the centre of their defence. And I love the name of Luton's defensive midfielder, Marvelous Nakamba. :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:33 am

You crack me up Pale. :lol:

Tbf Upton Park wasn't much different.On match days,it was different,but any other time,it was a completely different place,even in the late 70s,early 80s.
Behave yourself Terrence. You don't want to encourage tales of how the locals could leave their doors unlocked because people never stole from their own kind in the good old days. Now you'll have to excuse me because I've just got to nip round Elsie's to see if she'll let me have a few tea bags.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:02 pm
JayK wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:23 am I was reading some stuff last night. Only took them 9 years to go from non league to prem.

He was indeed. But only after he came on deep into extra time. Haven't a scooby who took the armband when Lockyer went off. Reece Burke came on after only a few minutes and had a very decent game in the centre of their defence. And I love the name of Luton's defensive midfielder, Marvelous Nakamba. :lol:
Mmmmarvellous :D
COYI!!!