West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham Ins & Outs 2023/24

Post by brookingslovechild »

FlatCapDave wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:49 pm So, the season is almost finished (still a European cup to win), but let's have a look at who's out of contract and whatnot. I'm sure there'll be a ton of rumours as well.

The following are out of contract this summer. Some have an option for another year:
  • Lukasz Fabianski (1 year option)
    Angelo Ogbonna
    Aaron Cresswell
    Vladimir Coufal (club has 2 year option)
    Manuel Lanzini (club has 2 year option)
The following are entering the final year of their contracts:
  • Ben Johnson
    Declan Rice (club has 1 year option)
    Tomas Soucek (club has 1 year option)
    Pablo Fornals
    Michail Antonio (1 year option)
Be interesting to see who goes and who is kept on.
coufal extension i believe - happy with that still think hes our best rb (appreciate its a low bar)
would keep antonio - still an unpredictable wrecking ball
My Pablo..play him ffs and not on the wing. he scores good goals from nothing imo.
would keep soucek. i know hes been average but he has got it in him (like 1st season).
Paquetta cannot do it alone in midfield he is either brilliant or ......average, however along side Pablo it may work.
ings-disaster at this level
scammaca - no idea.
what happened to the young CB we bought? did he even arrive?
unlikley but would love to see the good uns from the successful youth stepping up.
Frankly its a massive re-build and depending on whose in charge , massive millions spunked on unsuitable players.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

There’s nothing wrong with our squad that getting rid of Fabianski Cresswell Ogbonna and Antonio wouldn’t improve . Replacing them all with younger pacy replacements and a quick pacy right back .
I disagree with Whisky to a point …. I like our “squad” . I think it’s a pretty useful “squad”.

A useful squad that could be used better and improved by a half decent manager with a reasonably tactical mindset .

But a clear out of deadwood is required . Again .
What is it they call it over there ? Summer rebuild 2.Electric Boogaloo ?
Good thread but ultimately a complete waste of time if Moyes is allowed to continue.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:52 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:43 am

Now hang on a minute FFS. You have been on record saying that our squad is a good squad. Now you are saying that without Rice we would have been relegated.

Rice or no Rice , good squads don't get relegated. So what is it. A bang average squad, even with Rice, which I, and several others, have said constantly saying. Or a good squad which you maintained not too long ago.
It's not the worst squad but they will all be another year older next year a d another yard slower.

Do you think we would have been relegated if we didn't have Rice then?

It's a shame that you are not this out spoken on KUMB,where you are a lot less critical of Moyes and the team,than on here? Maybe you don't want to get itin the neck from Admin and their lick arse followers? ;)

There is a wink there,so don't go berserk :lol:
If you think I'm not critical of Moyes on KUMB then either you haven't been reading my posts on the subject or you've missed the point. The difference between you and me Terry is that I respect the fact that some people will have a different opinion on issues to me. It doesn't make them wrong, or idiots. Maybe you wouldn't get it in the neck so much if you took the same approach.

But I see you avoided the question again. You can't have it both ways. Either it is a reasonable squad or, without Rice, a poor one that would have been relegated. Which is it ? I am sure you will agree reasonable squads don't usually get relegated do they ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:58 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:52 pm

It's not the worst squad but they will all be another year older next year a d another yard slower.

Do you think we would have been relegated if we didn't have Rice then?

It's a shame that you are not this out spoken on KUMB,where you are a lot less critical of Moyes and the team,than on here? Maybe you don't want to get itin the neck from Admin and their lick arse followers? ;)

There is a wink there,so don't go berserk :lol:
If you think I'm not critical of Moyes on KUMB then either you haven't been reading my posts on the subject or you've missed the point. The difference between you and me Terry is that I respect the fact that some people will have a different opinion on issues to me. It doesn't make them wrong, or idiots. Maybe you wouldn't get it in the neck so much if you took the same approach.

But I see you avoided the question again. You can't have it both ways. Either it is a reasonable squad or, without Rice, a poor one that would have been relegated. Which is it ? I am sure you will agree reasonable squads don't usually get relegated do they ?
I read a lot of your posts,Maybe not everyone,after all,it's a quick moving board,though I reckon I have read the whole Moyes thread in the last year.There is no denying you hold your tongue a bit on there,where you say what you like on here.You are amongst friends on here,you know that,don't you Whiskyman :D

Back to your question big boy.I would say we have a squad that should hold it's own even without Rice (mid table),but Moyes's negative tactics have held the team back.Like I said though,our lack of pace(could have used Cornet more) has not helped matters,but whose fault is that?For me,he didn't use the squad enough.He is the one that brought the players,so why hasn't he?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:43 am

Now hang on a minute FFS. You have been on record saying that our squad is a good squad. Now you are saying that without Rice we would have been relegated.

Rice or no Rice , good squads don't get relegated. So what is it. A bang average squad, even with Rice, which I, and several others, have said constantly saying. Or a good squad which you maintained not too long ago.
Just a question. Was the squad that Roeder got relegated with a good squad, mediocre squad or a poor one. Or maybe a case of a shyte manager with very little people skills?

I know some neutrals believe the first.
The squad in 2002/03 got a lot of injuries,especially up front.Di Canio and especially Kanoute missed a lot of games that season.We did have some really good players though.Defoe had to deputise for them two and was quite raw at the time.There was Carrick,Cole and England International Trevor Sinclair in our midfield.Imagine Rice in that midfield?

I believe if Brooking would have come in even 2 weeks before,we'd have stayed up.We did go down with more points than we actually got this season.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

TBH apart from Rice, I would not be too disappointed if any of the first team left, nothing much to cheer about with any of them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

dagenhamdave wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 am TBH apart from Rice, I would not be too disappointed if any of the first team left, nothing much to cheer about with any of them.
I’d be gutted if Paqueta went. Would also be gutted if Scamacca goes but he ain’t a Moyes type
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:00 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 am TBH apart from Rice, I would not be too disappointed if any of the first team left, nothing much to cheer about with any of them.
I’d be gutted if Paqueta went. Would also be gutted if Scamacca goes but he ain’t a Moyes type
How about keep Scamacca and Moyes goes?🤔
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:12 am

I'd certainly like to see Scamacca given a proper chance. But reading various reports it seems his heart's set on returning to Italy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:12 am

Oooooo you cheeky little tease you
COYI!!!