Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Might not have been pretty, but has it ever been under Moyes? It wasnt much different to when he started here second stint. The results came in and things looked rosey. Then the worm turned. Lets see our progression, but result or not doesnt change my thoughts on him. He still a snidey egotistical dinosaur who seems to have more luck than it deserves.

Areola secured us the 3 points lets not forget his contribution, the two fantastic saves made sure we went home with 3 points instead of the one. Antonio had a great game and Benny surprised me by doing stuff he should have been doing in many matches previous, used his head, or to be more accurate, his brain. Prowse has so far more than earnt his wages.

Watching the highlights after made the game, as highlights often do, look quite dramatic. Wonder how Jay did in the prediction game, results didnt go as planned
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Nice day out for the travelling faithful. Looked like there were quite a few as well. Well done on and off the pitch whufc_crest
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

I did not see that coming. At one stage 16% possession eventually rising to a Barca-esque 22% is a hard watch. Two weeks on the trot it's worked but it will bite us on the arse no doubt in quite a few games. But you can't argue with the quality of the goals. We exploited the weakness of the Brighton defence brilliantly. Webster had a mare, Dunk, who's usually good wasn't and they had a 104 year old full back. But who gives a toss.

And Areola proved there can be no arguments about who's now the Daddy.

I'll even go as far as saying Moyes only slightly out this week.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A blinding day out yesterday with the Pipes firm the support magnificent as usual.
We ride our luck at times but some of our counter attacks were superb
Prowse is a fantastic signing glad he’s on the scoresheet already .was unfortunate with the booking works hard and delivers some great balls
Antonio seems to getting back to his old self bullying their defence and getting his eye back for goal
Areola I have to say was excellent (the drop aside) a few hearts in mouths, went on to produce some cracking saves well done son.
A heads up to Bowen worked his nuts off and a fantastic finish
The lifters are no mugs so that was a superb result whatever way you want to take it
All in all a nice day at the seaside the sherbets were certainly flowing.
Onwards and upwards.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:39 am Might not have been pretty, but has it ever been under Moyes? It wasnt much different to when he started here second stint. The results came in and things looked rosey. Then the worm turned. Lets see our progression, but result or not doesnt change my thoughts on him. He still a snidey egotistical dinosaur who seems to have more luck than it deserves.

Areola secured us the 3 points lets not forget his contribution, the two fantastic saves made sure we went home with 3 points instead of the one. Antonio had a great game and Benny surprised me by doing stuff he should have been doing in many matches previous, used his head, or to be more accurate, his brain. Prowse has so far more than earnt his wages.

Watching the highlights after made the game, as highlights often do, look quite dramatic. Wonder how Jay did in the prediction game, results didnt go as planned
That is a fair assessment Jay.Without Areola's saves,it could have been so different. Hexwas brilliant. If Antonio don't play well,we normally struggle.

I do think we have a bit more energy about us this year.Both JWP and Alverez bringing extra energy to the team.
I am going to enjoy it,while it lasts.

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:39 am Might not have been pretty, but has it ever been under Moyes? It wasnt much different to when he started here second stint. The results came in and things looked rosey. Then the worm turned. Lets see our progression, but result or not doesnt change my thoughts on him. He still a snidey egotistical dinosaur who seems to have more luck than it deserves.

Agreed Joe

Predictions were a bit of a mess for most this week I would imagine. Think I got 2 bang on though. Hopefully city supply the 4-0 I need today
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:02 am

That is a fair assessment Jay.Without Areola's saves,it could have been so different. Hexwas brilliant. If Antonio don't play well,we normally struggle.

I do think we have a bit more energy about us this year.Both JWP and Alverez bringing extra energy to the team.
I am going to enjoy it,while it lasts.
That was Joe. I’m Jay :lol: He was right though. I’m still in shock. Top of the league though, how funny is that :lol: Can’t see it lasting. Only 3 games in. Counter works best against the ball playing teams. Luton will be a completely different animal Friday.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

For me Areola was MOTM and, as you say, he ensured the 3 points at the death. But in all honesty that was the only period of the game when Brighton looked really threatening. And let's not forget Antonio could and should have made it 4 and not too soon after that Brighton almost gifted us an own goal. So it could have been even better.

But Moyes puzzles me. I just didn't get bringing on Kehrer for Antonio. The style of play we use needs someone up top to at least give us a chance of holding on to the ball when it gets lumped clear. Otherwise it just invites pressure because the ball keeps coming back. There was one short spell when we were managing the game excellently. Just passing the ball to each other and killing time. I wish we would do more of that when we are in front instead of the welly ball tactic which imo we over use.

But this is not the time for criticism. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, a good unexpected 3 points, we were brilliant for about 5 minutes and fortunately so was the keeper and a penalty decision that went our way.
Our bloke has a bit of a conundrum now, come Friday night we will be favourites, not a position he likes to be in.
Resilient United.
Champions of Europe.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

garnett wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:56 am Morning, a good unexpected 3 points, we were brilliant for about 5 minutes and fortunately so was the keeper and a penalty decision that went our way.
Our bloke has a bit of a conundrum now, come Friday night we will be favourites, not a position he likes to be in.
Resilient United.
Champions of Europe.
If you look at the penalty shout from behind both players, they both lean in shoulder to shoulder, their player throws himself wildly to the floor, so no pen for me.
Yes a bit reckless and unnecessary from Paqueta, but if he didn't chase back, we'd all be skating him.
He does the hard graft aswell, which is great to see.
I actually thought Taylor had a decent game, didn't give in to their diving antics.