Qatari takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Qatari takeover

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:16 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:11 pm I'm surprised it's not been mentioned again on here but with Sheikh Jassim pulling out of the Manure bid it seems we're tipped to be the next best. Owning a PL club is very much en vogue atm. The ex-fuhrer did a video about it and all sorts of hints came up. Watch it. It's very informative.

How does one feel about it ? Would we object because of their human rights record or would we just say fuck it.....Everybody's on the gravy train these days. And besides, the Qataris aren't quite as bad as the Saudis. And of course the stunted fucker would be sailing off into the sunset.

If it enabled us to finally land the Caledonian Kaka, where do I sign the petition ?

Interesting point Mon Ami.
I've been parading around the supermarket dressed in full Lawrence of Arabia garb, giving the old plums an airing just to get in to the swing of things.
The camels been a bit of a cunt in the car park and shat all over the place in a disabled bay, but it's good for the garden so they say, so it's a win win in my book.
Why not I say my learned friend.

I was planning another crusade to kick out the fuzzy-wuzzies from the Holy Land. I had all the gear.....chain mail, shield with a cross on it, the lot. I was booked on Wednesday's flight to Jerusalem but now this. I'll have to reconsider. I may even convert to Islam if I'm allowed to get rat-arsed and eat bacon rolls.

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

I think at this stage of my life following my beloved Hammers, after very few cups and not one top league title (although thought we might win it in 86) I would love a oil money takeover so we could start winning things on a regular basis…that would be lovely for a change.
Also the way things are going if we don’t get this type of takeover we will get totally left behind as other clubs will.
As far as human rights go and all that stuff it’s not like owning us or not owning us will change anything in their own sandy backyards.
We can’t really be accused of helping them financially either as they won’t be making money from us in fact prob the opposite.
So let’s roll out a big sandy carpet and get them in so we can start calling the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool small clubs :o :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Hammershark wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:17 pm I think at this stage of my life following my beloved Hammers, after very few cups and not one top league title (although thought we might win it in 86) I would love a oil money takeover so we could start winning things on a regular basis…that would be lovely for a change.
Also the way things are going if we don’t get this type of takeover we will get totally left behind as other clubs will.
As far as human rights go and all that stuff it’s not like owning us or not owning us will change anything in their own sandy backyards.
We can’t really be accused of helping them financially either as they won’t be making money from us in fact prob the opposite.
So let’s roll out a big sandy carpet and get them in so we can start calling the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool small clubs :o :D
Hopefully if and when it happens I’ll be long gone.
I dislike everything the Premier League stands for already , and what it has become.
We could all be nostalgic like Terry dreaming of the “good old days” or critical of exactly that like Whiskey by preferring to remember the streams of piss running down the North Bank steps and being in denial of the good old West Ham Way .
But the way I see it is that the only way to defeat Sky and their minions is to keep being little old West Ham and battling away to find ways of beating their favourite blue eyed boys , the Citeh’s , Manure’s and Arsenal’s of this world.
I don’t care that we don’t often get the credit we deserve.

We know what we are , and I know it doesn’t happen often , but let’s continue to be it .
And stick up two fingers at the establishment like we always have .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:00 pm
Hammershark wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:17 pm I think at this stage of my life following my beloved Hammers, after very few cups and not one top league title (although thought we might win it in 86) I would love a oil money takeover so we could start winning things on a regular basis…that would be lovely for a change.
I dislike everything the Premier League stands for already , and what it has become.
We could all be nostalgic like Terry dreaming of the “good old days” or critical of exactly that like Whiskey by preferring to remember the streams of piss running down the North Bank steps and being in denial of the good old West Ham Way .
But the way I see it is that the only way to defeat Sky and their minions is to keep being little old West Ham and battling away to find ways of beating their favourite blue eyed boys , the Citeh’s , Manure’s and Arsenal’s of this world.

We know what we are , and I know it doesn’t happen often , but let’s continue to be it .
But lets get rid of the current owners and do it .

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Well said my friend. I've never supported this club for the glamour or glory.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Well said my friend. I've never supported this club for the glamour or glory.
What is that?! I never had those dreams, or if i did the faded and died so long ago that i cant remember having them. Not even the sound of the bubbles bursting.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

goodpost:)

I nearly teared up.....needs reading with
Land of Hope and Glory playing in the background

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:27 pm

goodpost:)

I nearly teared up.....needs reading with
Land of Hope and Glory playing in the background
At least you invoked the spirit of Elgar and steered clear of mentioning some crap about the product of soap and water. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?