Are we the biggest divers in the PL?

Chat about anything football related here!

Are we the biggest divers in the PL?

Post by 9898 »

Paquetta, Antonio and Bowen are 3 of the most disgraceful divers/cheats in the PL and they play for us, are supporters embarrassed?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Re: Are we the biggest divers in the PL?

Post by eskimo joe »

9898 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:21 am Paquetta, Antonio and Bowen are 3 of the most disgraceful divers/cheats in the PL and they play for us, are supporters embarrassed?
Answer = no.

And before you ask do we have divers..we have them like all teams. Amateur dramatics has become part of the training regime for quite a while. Do i like it?! No. But if you cant beat them then join them.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Part of the game now sadly. We're no worse or better than anyone else. Leaving a trailing leg for contact or throwing the arms in the air is probably a part of training these days.
Edit. Was embarrassed at first seeing Bowen doing it after nearly every tackle but now couldn't give a fuck.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Post by 9898 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:26 am
9898 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:21 am Paquetta, Antonio and Bowen are 3 of the most disgraceful divers/cheats in the PL and they play for us, are supporters embarrassed?
Answer = no.

And before you ask do we have divers..we have them like all teams. Amateur dramatics has become part of the training regime for quite a while. Do i like it?! No. But if you cant beat them then join them.
Thats interesting.
Can you name another 3 players in one team that are on the same level as our 3?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

9898 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:47 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:26 am

Answer = no.

Thats interesting.
Richarlison
Son
Maddison

garnett

Post by garnett »

I am in total agreement and I`m not jumping on any bandwagon I`ve said it on here numerous times.
It`s all a part of our managers plan to make us Set Piece United, JWP wasn`t bought for his footballing ability, which he has, no it was for his dead balls, unfortunately for McBore his plan was scuppered when meathead turned us down.

As for the argument "others do it" doesnt make it right, I want proper punishments for CLUBS to stop their players doing it, longer suspensions for the offence would turn clubs head.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:08 am

Thats interesting.
Richarlison
Son
Maddison
And the first 2 learned their craft from the king of the divers Kane.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Thing is with this diving and injury simulation lark is all players that do it know full well their embarrassing antics are seen by millions yet appear to have no shame in acting like total cunts

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

garnett wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:26 am I am in total agreement and I`m not jumping on any bandwagon I`ve said it on here numerous times.
It`s all a part of our managers plan to make us Set Piece United, JWP wasn`t bought for his footballing ability, which he has, no it was for his dead balls, unfortunately for McBore his plan was scuppered when meathead turned us down.

As for the argument "others do it" doesnt make it right, I want proper punishments for CLUBS to stop their players doing it, longer suspensions for the offence would turn clubs head.
Of course it doesnt make it right, and in todays game it is far easier to spot a dive, and ,though they are, often go unpunished. That is mow a major root of the problem, sorting that out might go someway to sorting the problem, leave it as it is and there will always be chancers.

Like in many cases of the laws, there are steps for the ref to follow but they are often over looked.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Post by 9898 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:08 am

Thats interesting.
Richarlison
Son
Maddison
We can all get the anti Spurs bandwagon moving but, in reality, those 3 are nowhere near as bad as our 3.