West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:31 pm A Young lad who works for me and watched the game with us, just commented this to me

If you pay 100 quid to go and watch a West Ham game....only 35 quid is watching your team play and 65 quid goes to watching the other team play...why don't you support a team that gives you value for your money........

Clever cunt......but he's down the road Monday morning :D
Fucking mouthy cunt, personally I'd set fire to him as well.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

How Bruno Guimaraes wasn't sent off,we'll never know?

Good point at the end,but Kudus should have been on from the start and Antonio should have been sub.

deanox

Post by deanox »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:08 pm How Bruno Guimaraes wasn't sent off,we'll never know?

Good point at the end,but Kudus should have been on from the start and Antonio should have been sub.
I agree mate, can't be long before Kudos gets a regular start.
I love Antonio's commitment but would prefer to see Bowen in the center with Kudos on the right and exchanging positions through the match. With them two and paqueta upfront we could have a very decent season.

btw I don't want to Benny bash but that was a pretty simple chance (for a pro) to grab all three points, I don't think he will last that long with us if he carries on with his poor performances.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:27 pm Not getting the moyes hate out this arvo. Appreciate so many dislike the guy, but, we sit 7th 3 points behind the all conquering klop/ liverpool and 2nd place? Is it all really that bad. We’ve played better and lost and played worse and won but the team has a spine and as today keep going to tend to get a decent result.
I’ve fuckin loved the start to the season personally.
35 % possession against Newcastle at home suggests that it isn't that good a watch for your money.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:54 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:27 pm Not getting the moyes hate out this arvo. Appreciate so many dislike the guy, but, we sit 7th 3 points behind the all conquering klop/ liverpool and 2nd place? Is it all really that bad. We’ve played better and lost and played worse and won but the team has a spine and as today keep going to tend to get a decent result.
35 % possession against Newcastle at home suggests that it isn't that good a watch for your money.
U want watch 80% posession or result fella. Personally thought we were a good watch 1st half , 2nd they battered us…it happens. City dominated arsenal today and lost to a really shit own goal….whos happier ?
Result to me is everything, couldn’t give a f.about posession.
Have a top Sunday dude.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:54 pm
I've never been Moyes' greatest fan but imo posession statistics mean the square root of fuck all. For me the only relevant statistic is the one that shows how many goals each team scores.

And tbh I thought today';s match was a decent watch. I don't normally like digging out the referee but imo there were two key decisions that went against us today. The Guimares second yellow card that wasn;t given and the free kick given against Paqueta which led to their first goal. Didn;t see too much wrong with Paqueta's challenge tbh and not only did it give Newcastle a free kick but also stopped a potentially dangerous breakaway by us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

After the game I switched over to watch the Athletico Madrid game . They were lucky btw , last minute penalty , and then I was searching for an obscure Spanish segunda game (Tenerife) but as I couldn’t find it I reluctantly watched the last half hour of the Arse/Citeh game and you know what ?

The build up for both sides , the tippy tappy passing , back & forth , side to side was SO fucking SLOW and Boring .
When we (and AM) gain position back we are ( now) so quick in transition on the counter attack and (gulp) I find it so much better to watch .
I think that Moyes and Simeone may be on to something 😀
Bring back Jonathon !

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

If you take the two terrible decisions out of it, a draw was fair, and it was a decent game. We played well for while they played well for a while.

I thought Antonio played well first half and his chest control and turn from Aguerd’s pass was superb, and it set things moving for the first goal.

Like Deanox above I thought Benny had missed a golden chance to win it, but having seen it on MOTD2 now I realised Pope got fingertips onto Bowen’s shot and changed the direction of the ball enough that Benny couldn’t adjust to it.

The non-second yellow for Guimares and the incorrect foul given against Pac-Man when he was about to break clear, stopped us creating a clear chance and to add insult to injury the free kick directly led to their first goal, both bad decisions changed the trajectory of the game.

Emerson asked for a card for one of theirs, and got booked for it. Almiron did the same and didn’t get booked.

To be fair most of the Toon supporters on BBC Have Your Say and also on one of their forums acknowledged all those decisions were wrong. Most thought it a fair point. It’s a bit weird reading other teams forums, but in general, they are the same everywhere …. When talking among themselves, some posters are constantly and irrationally super-critical of certain of their own players and the manager after one less than perfect game, despite how well they have done over the last 15 months. You get the same bickering amongst fellow supporters on every fan forum :D
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Our Morrocan centre half isn't very good in the air when it comes to defending is he.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:11 am Our Morrocan centre half isn't very good in the air when it comes to defending is he.
He's just not a very good centre half. But I think he could be a good asset elsewhere in the team. I don't get why we are persisting with him in the centre of defence when imo we have far better options on the books.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?