West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:21 pm

Utter rubbish, a 2 handed push in the back is a foul whether you like it or not.
Read what I posted again. It was a foul, of course it was. But fouls happen every time a corner is given, or a free kick where the ball will end up in the box. Every cunt is at it ffs. Unfortunately it’s. Part of the game. And because it is players have to learn to del with them.

Being savvy I think it’s called.
Well he certainly wasn’t savvy enough to throw himself to the floor after the blatant push had he done I’m sure VAR would have intervened and disallowed the “goal “

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:40 pm

Read what I posted again. It was a foul, of course it was. But fouls happen every time a corner is given, or a free kick where the ball will end up in the box. Every cunt is at it ffs. Unfortunately it’s. Part of the game. And because it is players have to learn to del with them.

Being savvy I think it’s called.
Well he certainly wasn’t savvy enough to throw himself to the floor after the blatant push had he done I’m sure VAR would have intervened and disallowed the “goal “
Oh, but surely we are the biggest divers in the Prem, no?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:54 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:48 pm
Guimares should have gone 2 yellows. That is clear and obvious!
The second was a definite yellow but imo the first was a "nothing" foul. Having said that the ref should have issued a second yellow. But if we're going to start seeing yellows like the first one in every game we'll soon be seeing games ending up as 8 against 8.
Tonali fouled Pacqueta for that free kick leading to a goal, not the other way around.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other imo. So thr ref should have allowed play to continue.
Aguerd pushed in back for 2nd goal, a similar foul for Luton striker goal was disallowed.
REALLY !! Looked to me as if Aguerd did what Aguerd does. Lost the flight of the ball as it came across.
Emerson booked for signalling yellow card, Almiron was not.
I'll be kind to the ref on this one and assume he just didn;t see Almiron's action. But there are two linesmen as well, and a fourth official, Should have been seen. Btw what exactly does the fourth official do apart from hold up boards with numbers on ?

To many inconsistencies in one game favouring one team? Cheating!
Agree with much of this but on the first point, whether we agree with it or not, the player HAD been booked and the second challenge was a booking so it was a stonewall red. The mistake was with the second challenge not the first.

And the push on Aguerd was blatant. Shame the video of it was taken down because of PL copyright because it was clear as day. You can't shove a player with two hands like that. I get you dont like him but if you get a chance to see the footage, objectively you will realise it was not his fault as he was fouled. He shouldn't have to 'deal with it' as that is supposed to be the refs job.

The foul led to the goal so quite how our player can be blamed for not diving is ridiculous.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:29 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:54 pm
Agree with much of this but on the first point, whether we agree with it or not, the player HAD been booked and the second challenge was a booking so it was a stonewall red. The mistake was with the second challenge not the first.

And the push on Aguerd was blatant. Shame the video of it was taken down because of PL copyright because it was clear as day. You can't shove a player with two hands like that. I get you dont like him but if you get a chance to see the footage, objectively you will realise it was not his fault as he was fouled. He shouldn't have to 'deal with it' as that is supposed to be the refs job.

The foul led to the goal so quite how our player can be blamed for not diving is ridiculous.
I agree the fact the referee had already booked him is irrelevant, or at least should have been.. The second foul wasm, at least imo, a worse foul than the first. FWIW I didn't think the first foul really warranted a booking. However the second one certainly did and the fact it would have been a second yellow should not have been ipart of the referee's decisiobn making process.

I also acknowledge Aguerd was pushed. But that foul is typical of much of the nonsense that goes on at set pieces, Yes, it is the referee's job to sort it out but that is never going to happen until penalties are awarded for the sort of grappling that gows on in every penalty area when a free kick is awarded. And for the record I don't dislike Aguerd. I can see he has a good skillset. But imo he is not suited to playing as a central defender in the PL. He has made too many unenforced errors during his time with us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:23 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:29 pm

I agree the fact the referee had already booked him is irrelevant, or at least should have been.. The second foul wasm, at least imo, a worse foul than the first. FWIW I didn't think the first foul really warranted a booking. However the second one certainly did and the fact it would have been a second yellow should not have been ipart of the referee's decisiobn making process.

I also acknowledge Aguerd was pushed. But that foul is typical of much of the nonsense that goes on at set pieces, Yes, it is the referee's job to sort it out but that is never going to happen until penalties are awarded for the sort of grappling that gows on in every penalty area when a free kick is awarded. And for the record I don't dislike Aguerd. I can see he has a good skillset. But imo he is not suited to playing as a central defender in the PL. He has made too many unenforced errors during his time with us.
Just chucking my 2 pence worth in….that push was not during a set play.
As you were
COYI!!!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:23 pm

As you were
Fucking trouble maker .... :D

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 am
Towie wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:14 am

So you admit he was fouled, but it is Aguerd’s fault?

Strange logic that one mate.
As I said that sort of thing happens at set piieces all the time. Players wise up to it. It's (unfortunately) part of the game like all the bloody grappling that goes on. Obviously Aguerd was never one of the woggle wearers otherwise he'd have been better prepared.

I think we will have to agree to disagree regarding our opinions of Mr Aguerd as a central defender.
Whiskeymate, let us be clear it was not a set piece so not loads of players grappling and pulling. This was open play with just a player pushing another player with 2 hands in the back.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:00 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:11 pm

As you were
Fucking trouble maker .... :D
:D
Attachments
IMG_4716.gif
IMG_4716.gif (220.8 KiB) Viewed 3740 times
COYI!!!