West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham vs Newcastle Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

Not getting the moyes hate out this arvo. Appreciate so many dislike the guy, but, we sit 7th 3 points behind the all conquering klop/ liverpool and 2nd place? Is it all really that bad. We’ve played better and lost and played worse and won but the team has a spine and as today keep going to tend to get a decent result.
I’ve fuckin loved the start to the season personally.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:26 pm Do you think it is amost the kiss of death going in halftime ahead?.

Happy now with the point, but it was looking unlikely. Now tell us Kudis needs time to adapt Moyes! Not all are like you you fool.
The trouble is Joe that cunt is a law unto himself, it's his way or fucking no way.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

A Young lad who works for me and watched the game with us, just commented this to me

If you pay 100 quid to go and watch a West Ham game....only 35 quid is watching your team play and 65 quid goes to watching the other team play...why don't you support a team that gives you value for your money........

Clever cunt......but he's down the road Monday morning :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Has to be said though, it was a fair result in the end.

I just couldn’t see us equalising.

Showed a lot of character, shame we switched off for a couple of minutes to concede those goals so close together.

I still think Izak was offside for the first though .

The ref gave us nothing but then we should expect it .

Was refreshing to not have to listen to all the pro Sky 6 Sky commentators.
Bring back Jonathon !

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:27 pm Not getting the moyes hate out this arvo. Appreciate so many dislike the guy, but, we sit 7th 3 points behind the all conquering klop/ liverpool and 2nd place? Is it all really that bad. We’ve played better and lost and played worse and won but the team has a spine and as today keep going to tend to get a decent result.
Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic with our position and 14 points....it's not been pretty most of the time but it's 14 points.
It does worry me a little though because half of those points have come from the bottom worst 4 teams in the league.
If we play the type of football we have played over our last 8 games against the teams around us I fear that we will drop valuable points that could keep us out of European football next season. Villa next up will be a good test to see how far we've come this season.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:49 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:27 pm Not getting the moyes hate out this arvo. Appreciate so many dislike the guy, but, we sit 7th 3 points behind the all conquering klop/ liverpool and 2nd place? Is it all really that bad. We’ve played better and lost and played worse and won but the team has a spine and as today keep going to tend to get a decent result.
Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic with our position and 14 points....it's not been pretty most of the time but it's 14 points.
It does worry me a little though because half of those points have come from the bottom worst 4 teams in the league.
If we play the type of football we have played over our last 8 games against the teams around us I fear that we will drop valuable points that could keep us out of European football next season. Villa next up will be a good test to see how far we've come this season.
I get it andy, but beaten brighton, chavs , drawn with toon and Beaten the teams we are ‘expected ‘ to do. Lost twice all comps all season to 2 best teams in league. The not pretty I would guess is winning with limited possession…..fuckin genius in my book.
As ever we are a loss or 2 away from it being labelled a terrible season…footy eh!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Kudus looks the real deal, Pacman flatters to deceive too much for me.

garnett

Post by garnett »

He will play antonio if he is fit and it's wrong

Towie

Post by Towie »

Thought we deserved a draw, Ref was a cunt.

Play Kudus from start over Antonio and we have a decent team.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:02 pm Thought we deserved a draw, Ref was a cunt.

Play Kudus from start over Antonio and we have a decent team.
Yep agree with that.