Another Whitewash Incoming ?

Chat about anything football related here!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: Another Whitewash Incoming ?

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:15 pm
WelshIron wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 am Seems to be only those in the lower leagues that get punished.
Of course. Fewer resources to challengs any dodgy decisions through the legal channels. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is behind closed doors because the 3 relegated clubs last season have all said tghey will sue Everton if a guilty verdict is handed down. I suspect the authorities are absolutely brown trousering it at the moment because they wouldn't want an embarassing series of court cases.

Hence hold the hearing away from public scrutiny, leak the not guilty but watch your future conduct verdict and ride off into the sunset. Possibly with a mysteriously enlarged bank balance courtesy of an influx of funds from an obscure Cayman Islands bank account.

This exactly. It’s highly unlikely Everton will get anything other than a wet lettuce slap on the back of the hand.

Just to add, I Didn’t know you had a conspiracy theorist within you Whisk! Does Terry know? :lol:
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Towie

Post by Towie »

WelshIron wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 am Seems to be only those in the lower leagues that get punished.
Of course. Fewer resources to challengs any dodgy decisions through the legal channels. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is behind closed doors because the 3 relegated clubs last season have all said tghey will sue Everton if a guilty verdict is handed down. I suspect the authorities are absolutely brown trousering it at the moment because they wouldn't want an embarassing series of court cases.

Hence hold the hearing away from public scrutiny, leak the not guilty but watch your future conduct verdict and ride off into the sunset. Possibly with a mysteriously enlarged bank balance courtesy of an influx of funds from an obscure Cayman Islands bank account.
I’m pretty sure that all documents would need to be provided for examination afterwards. Especially where the could possibly be legal challenges.
Do you really think those 3 clubs will leave it there if they suspect something underhand going on.

Come on Whiskyman you stooping to Twatter levels now.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:47 pm

This exactly. It’s highly unlikely Everton will get anything other than a wet lettuce slap on the back of the hand.

Just to add, I Didn’t know you had a conspiracy theorist within you Whisk! Does Terry know? :lol:
I'm sure if he doesn't he'll soon find out. But I'm sure the authorities will deal with Everton with great severity. I expect nothing less than a VERY strongly worded rebuke and an instruction that should further misdemeanours occur they will be dealt with most severely.indeed.

Your wet lettuce slap would probably have more impact.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:05 pm

I’m pretty sure that all documents would need to be provided for examination afterwards. Especially where the could possibly be legal challenges.
Do you really think those 3 clubs will leave it there if they suspect something underhand going on.

Please keep up old chap. Twitter is no more. It's called X now.

And, mate, I worked in the bloody city long enough to know that any financial document can essentially be made to show whatever you want it to with a bit of creative thinking. I guess we shall have to wait and see how the whole thing unfolds.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:42 pm
Towie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:05 pm

Please keep up old chap. Twitter is no more. It's called X now.

And, mate, I worked in the bloody city long enough to know that any financial document can essentially be made to show whatever you want it to with a bit of creative thinking. I guess we shall have to wait and see how the whole thing unfolds.
Off course you can, but there will always be someone smarter come along and unravel it all. As has been seen at many companies looking to pull the wool over the eyes.

Btw you can call it X, I’ll still refer to it as Twatter.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Looks like it is more than a slap. 😉

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:02 am Looks like it is more than a slap. 😉
There;s an appeal coming along. Let's wait until that's been heard.

palerider

Post by palerider »

A precedent was set when Sheffield Wednesday appealed a 12 point deduction for breaking spending rules and it was reduced to 6.

If the same applied to Everton the 5 point deduction would still have relegated them in the past two seasons so I would imagine being sued by Leeds, Burnley, Southampton and Leicester would still be a goer.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Nothing set in stone regarding the points deduction until the lawyers have been fed and I mean well fed. I’m convinced when it all comes to an end it will be the wet lettuce slap and a pay off/fine to appease certain clubs who feel wronged.
We shall see
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Fade-and-Die

Post by Fade-and-Die »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:33 pm Nothing set in stone regarding the points deduction until the lawyers have been fed and I mean well fed. I’m convinced when it all comes to an end it will be the wet lettuce slap and a pay off/fine to appease certain clubs who feel wronged.
We shall see
If the financial compensation given to one club who felt they were wrongly relegated due to off-the-pitch circumstances, despite not performing well enough on it over a season, was £20m around 15 years ago, how much would it be today if there were four club sulking about it?

Could Everton be looking at having to weigh out £100m? :shock:

Where will they possibly get that money from?