West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Post by deanox »

A good all-round performance against a team who have been in good form.

Alvarez was immense, Kudos is looking good.

None of them had a bad game so let's hope this momentum will take us into the Wolves game and get a good result.

btw I think that was the best we have played this season.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Where have we been all season?! That is the best game i think i have seen from us for a long time.

Paqueta might have flair but Kudus is on a different level when it comes to all round football. I like his approach to the game. He will be missed in january. He is the sort of player you cant afford to ignore for a second.

Fabianski was great between the sticks, made a couple of outstanding saves. Seems a bit of a gymnast too🙂. Alvarez, great work by him,.

Shows what can be if you keep the ball in the correct half of the field, and maintain possesion.

Now let us hope the same team turns up against Wolves, Moyes has no excuses ahead of him now.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Towie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:55 pm Playing well, what a contrast to weekend vs Fulham.

Who would take a wolves defeat for a midweek Liverpool win?
Moyes would crack a fat.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:55 pm Playing well, what a contrast to weekend vs Fulham.

Who would take a wolves defeat for a midweek Liverpool win?
Not a bloody chance. I don't see us winning the Europa League but I sure as hell would like us to have another crack at it next season so I want to see some points on the bloody board. The places are up for grabs imo. Two or three of the so called "elite" aren't so elite any more and the spots they are expected to occupy are available.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:18 pm A good all-round performance against a team who have been in good form.

Alvarez was immense, Kudos is looking good.

None of them had a bad game so let's hope this momentum will take us into the Wolves game and get a good result.

btw I think that was the best we have played this season.
Idle speculation. Does anyone know if we can recall Downes from his loan during the window ? We all saw how much Alvarez was missed during the shit show last Sunday and Downes is the most obvious replacement for when he is unavailable.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

According to Moyes the league is the first and foremost, personally think he's bullshitting. But i would rather have the 3 points than a win v Liverpool. I would prefer both because it's Liverpool, but the micky mouse cup is nothing.

It would be nice to qualify for the europa again next season, just being in it adds a little prestige. Winning The Mickey Mouse Cup might get us to Europe but we need to aim higher

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:48 am According to Moyes the league is the first and foremost, personally think he's bullshitting. But i would rather have the 3 points than a win v Liverpool. I would prefer both because it's Liverpool, but the micky mouse cup is nothing.

It would be nice to qualify for the europa again next season, just being in it adds a little prestige. Winning The Mickey Mouse Cup might get us to Europe but we need to aim higher

At the moment the Mickey Mouse winners go into the conference, the F A Cup winners go into the Europa League. Most seasons of course the winners of both domestic pots have already qualified for Europe through league placings anyway.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:27 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:48 am According to Moyes the league is the first and foremost, personally think he's bullshitting. But i would rather have the 3 points than a win v Liverpool. I would prefer both because it's Liverpool, but the micky mouse cup is nothing.

At the moment the Mickey Mouse winners go into the conference, the F A Cup winners go into the Europa League. Most seasons of course the winners of both domestic pots have already qualified for Europe through league placings anyway.
When we win this one we qualify, or do we go straight to CL? :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Yes, but winning the Cabou cup will only get you a place in conference unless you have already qualified for the two upper levels.

Though it was nice to win the CL we should aim at least for the EL and FA cup or league position only gets you that. Or winning the CL which gave us this spot. Imo the aim should always be to qualify via the league if possible, Champions league is way out of our reach atm and will be for some time, but as you have said, this season it would not be impossible to finish in a Europa spot, taking in to account the team that denied us the season before last is shaky.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:10 am

When we win this one we qualify, or do we go straight to CL? :D