West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope we can bring our good performance against SC Freiburg into this match. I am a bit worried on Alvarez as he was limping so hopefully he will be recovered as he is the key anchor man that we can't afford to lose especially at this runs of games thick and fast. If he failed to shake off his big knock, then Fornals will deputise in a 3 man midfielders OR put Paqueta in 3 man midfielders with Kudus, Mubama and Bowen up front. We need to stop conceding goals as we got 30 out of 16. Expected Zouma to return. Wolves are a tough side to beat as they did very well in recent games and they are no pushover, just like Fulham. Areola is back as he as in the sub-bench last game out.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Zouma
Aguerd
Emerson

Soucek
JWP
Alvarez

Kudus
Bowen
Paqueta

IF Alvarez failed to make this games, then the best options to put Pacman in midfield and switch Bowen to right, Kudus on left and Mubama up front.

We NEED to bounce back and also to start collecting clean sheet which we only have achieved ONCE against the blunt.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Will prob lose this now coz of “tiredness”
COYI!!!

deanox

Post by deanox »

I think that tonight's game could help us.
it's all about motivation. Which begs the question, does Moyes prefer us to be a cup team as it could be the easy way into Europe?
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:44 am I think that tonight's game could help us.
it's all about motivation. Which begs the question, does Moyes prefer us to be a cup team as it could be the easy way into Europe?
Imo sooner the F A , or whoever makes the decisions, ditches the dumb idea of giving European spots to bloody cup winners, the better. Win 4 games in the Mickey Mouse or half a dozen in the F A Cup and you could get a European spot ? Stupid imo, and a kick in the nuts for teams who have proved their quality over a 38 game season..

Domestic cup finals should be a jolly up for the fans, a good day out with mates and a few beers, not a ticket to a European competition.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

paquetta , kudos, alvarez, greek lad. All been decent signings, for me Alvarez has been the best and most important. He seemed to suggest last night that he would be fit for sunday.
Think paquetta has been patchy at best in the past few weeks he is either knackered or not trying to get injured for jan window imo.
Watched mypablo drift into a no 10 role briefly last night and he seemed to come alive, like pacman he is wasted on the wing. So would give him a central role and bring pacman on as impact sub. Never gonna happen i undertsand but on the basis we are losing a few to AN cup in jan i think it wouldnt hurt to give the lad a rest.
Wolves are a very decent team and i like O'neil as a manager.
gonna be a tough one, will await further instructions from Dwayne P before offering a prediction :D

spoiler. none of the above will happen and it will be the same team that started last night.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A much tougher opposition that the Krauts last night
Probably back to the tedious tactics set up for our league encounters.
They are a decent team I feel a score draw beckons.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

i think they are a good team and its going to be a score draw.... :D :D
thanks DP

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:52 am i think they are a good team and its going to be a score draw.... :D :D
thanks DP
Your welcome pal
👍🏼

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am paquetta , kudos, alvarez, greek lad. All been decent signings, for me Alvarez has been the best and most important. He seemed to suggest last night that he would be fit for sunday.
Think paquetta has been patchy at best in the past few weeks he is either knackered or not trying to get injured for jan window imo.
Watched mypablo drift into a no 10 role briefly last night and he seemed to come alive, like pacman he is wasted on the wing. So would give him a central role and bring pacman on as impact sub. Never gonna happen i undertsand but on the basis we are losing a few to AN cup in jan i think it wouldnt hurt to give the lad a rest.
Wolves are a very decent team and i like O'neil as a manager.
gonna be a tough one, will await further instructions from Dwayne P before offering a prediction :D

spoiler. none of the above will happen and it will be the same team that started last night.

Agree with much of that mate, but I’m far from convinced with Mavropanos.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well that Freiburg thread should be named the positivity thread .
It certainly doesn’t take a lot to get you lot going obviously
:lol:

This is going to be grim and deep down you all know it .
Personally I’d like to see a few rested in order to throw the kitchen sink at the Victims, their ref and their var .

But neither will happen .
I fully expect full (ish) strength and 100 mins of pure Moyesball .
It will not be pretty .
Bring back Jonathon !