West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Wolves Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:49 am
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:19 am Nice to be able to arise the following day not feeling in the dumps. Great result and a good game to watch. Maybe, just maybe, after all this time Moyes has woken up. It was good to see a defence that on the whole was more structured. Didnt seem all over the place. A team that seemed to be playing more together rather than winging it.

Pacman knows where the players are, or at least where Kudus was, he played two beautiful passes for him, both of a similar nature. Bowen was Bowen, great game also, and nicely placed goal. In the early days that would have gone wide of the mark. He has progressed far,

Let us hope the good continues. Sitting 8th at the moment and possibilities to rise.
Next two home games are against our immediate challengers in the table. Key matches imo. I know a lot will disagree but I think this bloody Mickey Mouse cup game is a pain in the arse we could well do without.
I do not understand this tbh, Man Citeh don’t think it a Mickey Mouse competition, but it beneath us?

I would like to win the bloody thing, trophies is what it is all about.

No one looks back in the history books to see who finished 6th in the bloody league…
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:03 am

Next two home games are against our immediate challengers in the table. Key matches imo. I know a lot will disagree but I think this bloody Mickey Mouse cup game is a pain in the arse we could well do without.
I do not understand this tbh, Man Citeh don’t think it a Mickey Mouse competition, but it beneath us?

No one looks back in the history books to see who finished 6th in the bloody league…
I rarely look at them to see who won the Mickey Mouse Cup, it lost its lustre when it changed names so many times. F.A Cup is fast going down that route hence the F.A asking for the winners to be included in europa league spots.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Not only do I agree but I think it’s imperative that we get through up there .
Players don’t get tired when they’re winning so we should go full strength , apart from maybe Zouma , and then if we have to rest 3 or 4 for the Mancs game so be it.

If , as I expect , Moyes reverts to type at the Victims , then it won’t matter anyway as we’ll never get a result up there playing like that .
Plus Manure ain’t all that , especially at our place .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Got to agree , winning any trophy is better then none at all . In a club run properly :lol: surely it means progression in some form or another and not just based on a matter of luck . Though my problem is the manner in which it is attempted under the tutelage of the Scottish Buffoon and his narcissistic employer .
Good to see the lads winning again and actually playing well doing it this time , have the players really stopped listening to the manager :? again , time will tell .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm sure Guardiola puts that fucking cup last in his list of priorities. Of course he wants to win it, and I want us to win it as well, however, and it is a fucking huge however, the league is a priority these days. If we hope to keep our best players and attract others of a high enough calibre to enable us to press on we need to be able to offer Europa League football at the very least imo.

I would like, as a supporter, to see West Ham win everything they competed for. But they wont. An d while I'd be disappointed if we fail to qualify for Europe at the end of a season I wouldn't be worried if we gave the Mickey Mouse a miss. People might not look in the record books to see who finished 6th but you can bet your life that players and agents do when they're looking for pastures new.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Have to say thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday
Come out of the ground buoyant instead of past bored fucking rigid.
Played some nice stuff especially first half two well taken goals by Kudus assisted by two great balls from Paqueta
Bowen hit the post would have been game over first half
Another nice slip though to Bowen to wrap it up second half.
The last couple games have seen us more on the front foot hopefully we’ll keep it up ( who knows )
Anyhow job done well done chaps.

Onwards and upwards.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

That's two games in a row,where our fans have really enjoyed football and not just the result,

With it,2 cleans and our defence looking more comfortable.I don't think his changed the style completely,but there is definitely been a few tweaks,probably down to JWP playing the more forward roll.

Of coarse,we have to be pragmatic at times,but we have got some good players who can play a bit and that's what most of our fans,who don't like Moyes style love to see.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:27 pm Have to say thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday
Come out of the ground buoyant instead of past bored fucking rigid.
Played some nice stuff especially first half two well taken goals by Kudus assisted by two great balls from Paqueta
Bowen hit the post would have been game over first half
Another nice slip though to Bowen to wrap it up second half.
The last couple games have seen us more on the front foot hopefully we’ll keep it up ( who knows )
Anyhow job done well done chaps.

Onwards and upwards.
100% in agreement. Personally I can live with us taking a "job's done" , foot off the pedal approach when the games done and dusted, particularly with the games coming thick and fast. Wolves were so poor without Neto, who brings a bit of quality to them, I think we could have done what Fulham did to us if we'd really put our foot down. And Bowen was unlucky not to wrap the points up at the end of the first half instead of when he did. That shot of his that came back out defied all the laws of bloody physics.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?