Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Re: Arsenal vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

normannomates wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:20 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:49 am

... or he’s just doing the job he’s employed to do... with interest. 🤔
when we lose to BHA playing the exact same way you will be crying into your coco pops..
Incorrect. I think you’re mistaking me for one of the majority of our fan base.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:30 am

when we lose to BHA playing the exact same way you will be crying into your coco pops..
Incorrect. I think you’re mistaking me for one of the majority of our fan base.
at last..i have a long lost brother we dont talk about

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Question for you all .

Was THAT Moyesball approach to a Sky 6 away game cowardly ?

Reason I ask is that there will be an awful lot of Moyes outers becoming inners ( again) on the strength of two results amid clamourings for his new contract.

Personally I advocate the claret & booze approach.
The 6 game rule implemented.
6 games with the current levels of performance/result and the Donkey gets removed from Moyes’ head :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:30 am Question for you all .

Reason I ask is that there will be an awful lot of Moyes outers becoming inners ( again) on the strength of two results amid clamourings for his new contract.

6 games with the current levels of performance/result and the Donkey gets removed from Moyes’ head :lol:
Well i reckon the jock will be getting one, but i doubt it will be anything other than a years extension, foolish for anything more, he has been dicing with the tin tack for two periods now and i wont go into the obvious reasons he hasnt felt Sullivans boot as you all know them.

Good and unexpected result last night is all i can say but hardly the awakening of a new dawn. Polar opposite of the Liverpool cup game in the fact we turned up but didnt go easy on the nerves. Whens our next euro game?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:30 am Question for you all .

I wouldn't call it cowardly. Started off with a bit of intent and got an early goal. Then it was backs to the wall against a home side with a bit more talent and skill than us. Couple of scares and a couple of good saves but they could still be playing and not find the back of the net. 2nd goal from a set piece, a Moyes speciality, and solid defending. I'm not a Moyes's fan by any means and would love to see us playing with a bit of flair but with the cattle we've got could Pep or Klippity get us any higher than we are at the moment?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:49 am

... or he’s just doing the job he’s employed to do... with interest. 🤔
hes currently getting lucky results , the ethos is always the same..

i know it

you know it

MOYSIE knows it too.
How are they lucky results? Luck played no part in lat nights win (other than possible ball out for 1st goal ). Luck didn’t score 2 goals against Utd .
What a loads of old bolloxs.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:23 am

hes currently getting lucky results , the ethos is always the same..

i know it

you know it

MOYSIE knows it too.
How are they lucky results? Luck played no part in lat nights win (other than possible ball out for 1st goal ). Luck didn’t score 2 goals against Utd .
Lucky for the first goal, lucky they werent awarded a penalty, lucky none of their 30 odd efforts on goal weren't finished off better, lucky the ball hit the post instead of going in. Luck can come in many guises and last nights i will take if it garners positive results. Bad luck was not against us last night. Well it made a brief appearance at Bennys' penalty kick, but i think good luck thought he had over paid.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Well well fuck me glad to be proven wrong yet again
A solid defensive display make no mistake Oggy superb last night and led by example .
Couldn’t fault the effort from all the lads it’s all we ask for every game.
Fans aside Arsenal are no fucking mugs the league don’t lie a result there is no mean feat.
Pleasure to be there last night our fans superb as usual
Rounded off a fucking cracking Christmas week that.

Onwards and upwards.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:59 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:23 am
Lucky for the first goal, lucky they werent awarded a penalty, lucky none of their 30 odd efforts on goal weren't finished off better, lucky the ball hit the post instead of going in. Luck can come in many guises and last nights i will take if it garners positive results. Bad luck was not against us last night. Well it made a brief appearance at Bennys' penalty kick, but i think good luck thought he had over paid.
weren’t lucky to lose our 2 best centre half’s before the game and our midfield genius 10 mins in joe. Beat the best team in the league who haven’t lost at home all season.
no luck against utd or wolves.
it’s irrational to me how we can’t celebrate the season we are having without giving moyes grief or saying how lucky we’ve been. Are there any supporters quite as disfunctional as us? It’s mental .
I’m guessing it’s going to get tough through jan with all the missing players so expect more melt downs incoming , but today I’m enjoying a good week of footy and sitting pretty in the league.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:59 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:59 am

weren’t lucky to lose our 2 best centre half’s before the game and our midfield genius 10 mins in joe. Beat the best team in the league who haven’t lost at home all season.
no luck against utd or wolves.
it’s irrational to me how we can’t celebrate the season we are having without giving moyes grief or saying how lucky we’ve been. Are there any supporters quite as disfunctional as us? It’s mental .
I’m guessing it’s going to get tough through jan with all the missing players so expect more melt downs incoming , but today I’m enjoying a good week of footy and sitting pretty in the league.
Just saying that it wasnt really bollox to say we had luck. Like i said i couldnt care less if we did at the end of the day it all counts. Could say we were lucky Paquta started, he hurt himself just before kick off, he if i recall was instrumental in starting a move that led to the goal.

I will admit i find it impossible to credit a man i have absolutely no respect for, and these results have only helped to accept but not like who we are.