Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Sheffield Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:19 am To outsiders and the mainstream media ..the away support getting on moysies back must have been truly mystifying....ungrateful cunts and all that .

6th place ...whats the problem...they ask ?

youve always been shite and irrelevant to us...and Moysie is the best manager youve ever had...they insist ?

just remember one thing, they dont watch us ...or give a fuck.

the main thing i didnt like ..... the piss taking of Danny Ings in the warm up....fuckin pricks

THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT WHU BEHAVIOUR ...SORT YOURSELVES OUT YOU WANKERS
Make you right about that. There has always been that undercurrent of nastiness though. I remember way back in the day John Lyall, who in terms of trophies won IS the best manager we've ever had, getting dog's abuse from the travelling support an Anfield when we got relegated in the 80s. That was the game that sealed our fate and Lyall got merciless stick throughout the game. Sacked soon afterwards.

The players reaction to the crowd when Ings won the penalty was pretty impressive though. They were all pointing towards Ings during the celebrations.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:03 am
normannomates wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:19 am To outsiders and the mainstream media ..the away support getting on moysies back must have been truly mystifying....ungrateful cunts and all that .

6th place ...whats the problem...they ask ?

youve always been shite and irrelevant to us...and Moysie is the best manager youve ever had...they insist ?

just remember one thing, they dont watch us ...or give a fuck.

the main thing i didnt like ..... the piss taking of Danny Ings in the warm up....fuckin pricks

THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT WHU BEHAVIOUR ...SORT YOURSELVES OUT YOU WANKERS
Make you right about that. There has always been that undercurrent of nastiness though. I remember way back in the day John Lyall, who in terms of trophies won IS the best manager we've ever had, getting dog's abuse from the travelling support an Anfield when we got relegated in the 80s. That was the game that sealed our fate and Lyall got merciless stick throughout the game. Sacked soon afterwards.

The players reaction to the crowd when Ings won the penalty was pretty impressive though. They were all pointing towards Ings during the celebrations.
Some of our fans are fickle. We have them like every other club has too. I remember that Liverpool game and I also remember Lyall getting abuse for a fair few games before that too.

I agree with Norman. The abuse of Ings was appalling but I was glad that we started singing his name when he won the pen but the fact that some of those people shouting abuse were then singing his name show the fixkle nature of some. For me he was the best player for us on Sunday but that's just my opinion.

There are far too many people who give good criticism but ruin it by then refusing to give credit when it is due as it does not fit their agenda. We saw that with Ings and we see it with Moyes. When we win its the players but we we lose its solely his fault. For me that destroys any credibility.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I agree Ings was our best player .
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:23 pm There are far too many people who give good criticism but ruin it by then refusing to give credit when it is due as it does not fit theor agenda. We saw that with Ings and we see it with Moyes. When we win its the players but we we lose its solely his fault. For me that destroys any credibility.
goodpost:)

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:03 am

Some of our fans are fickle. We have them like every other club has too. I remember that Liverpool game and I also remember Lyall getting abuse for a fair few games before that too.

I agree with Norman. The abuse of Ings was appalling but I was glad that we started singing his name when he won the pen but the fact that some of those people shouting abuse were then singing his name show the fixkle nature of some. For me he was the best player for us on Sunday but that's just my opinion.

There are far too many people who give good criticism but ruin it by then refusing to give credit when it is due as it does not fit theor agenda. We saw that with Ings and we see it with Moyes. When we win its the players but we we lose its solely his fault. For me that destroys any credibility.
Whilst i hear what your saying it is hard to give Moyes any credit, well much anyway, when each game for eons has seemed like we are scrapping out results rather then achieving them , or even some of them , with even a modicum of ease. He plays with the breaks on.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:51 am

There are far too many people who give good criticism but ruin it by then refusing to give credit when it is due as it does not fit theor agenda. We saw that with Ings and we see it with Moyes. When we win its the players but we we lose its solely his fault. For me that destroys any credibility.
Whilst i hear what your saying it is hard to give Moyes any credit, well much anyway, when each game for eons has seemed like we are scrapping out results rather then achieving them , or even some of them , with even a modicum of ease. He plays with the breaks on.
What, no credit at all ? I'm not his greatest fan by any means but it is impossible to argue that the profile of the club has been raised massively during his second spell in the hot seat. We are now able to attract players of the calibre of Alvarez and Kudus and, just as importantly, hold on to players like Bowen. When has that happened before ?

It was the same with Allardyce. Got us promoted in his first season and kept us up, comfortably, thereafter following years of yo yoing between divisions, up, down and up again like the proverbial tart's knickers. There were people who said he "only scraped it vis the play offs". So what. The same people , or at least many of them, were bigging up Pardew for getting us up. But he also only "scraped it through the play offs" didn't he? After fluffing his lines in the same play offs the season before. And, at least imo, the football was just as fucking bad., Worse in fact when we were in the Championship watching the likes of Luke Chadwick and Carl Fletcher huffing and puffing.

We have to give Moyes a lot of credit for raising the club's status. That isn't the same as saying we should see him as a long term manager. Imo he has taken the club as far as he can. He is very much the "safe pair of hands" type of manager we needed in the recent past but, in large part thanks to Moyes, we have now outgrown. His record at Everton also suggests he is a manager who can take a club so far before hitting the buffers. Consistently flirting with the European spots but unable, apart from one season, to break through into the CL group. Bet Everton wished they had some of his "success" after he left, eh ?

I don't think we can get away with blaming the manager every time we lose and praising the players every time we win.

Now I'm preparing myself for people to be claiming this post is a pro Moyes one. The hard hat is poised. :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

My comments about credit was in reference to his football nothing more nothing less.

As for our profile, atm we as a club are just pretenders, and my view is that our standing is atm built on shaky foundations.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am My comments about credit was in reference to his football nothing more nothing less.

As for our profile, atm we as a club are just pretenders, and my view is that our standing is atm built on shaky foundations.
Few will disagree about the football, but in a results based business at the end of the day results trump style every time. Yes, it is possible to have both, of course it is. But the other side of that coin is that style is absolutely no guarantee that success will follow., Leeds under Bielsa is proof of that. One of the best sides to watch, as a neutral, but by the end most of their fans wanted Bielsa gone.

Agree we are built on shaky foundations but, hopefully, the appointment of Steidten, not to mention the new analystr he's bringing in, are a step in the right direction to bolster those foundations.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:29 am

What, no credit at all ? I'm not his greatest fan by any means but it is impossible to argue that the profile of the club has been raised massively during his second spell in the hot seat. We are now able to attract players of the calibre of Alvarez and Kudus and, just as importantly, hold on to players like Bowen. When has that happened before ?

It was the same with Allardyce. Got us promoted in his first season and kept us up, comfortably, thereafter following years of yo yoing between divisions, up, down and up again like the proverbial tart's knickers. There were people who said he "only scraped it vis the play offs". So what. The same people , or at least many of them, were bigging up Pardew for getting us up. But he also only "scraped it through the play offs" didn't he? After fluffing his lines in the same play offs the season before. And, at least imo, the football was just as fucking bad., Worse in fact when we were in the Championship watching the likes of Luke Chadwick and Carl Fletcher huffing and puffing.

We have to give Moyes a lot of credit for raising the club's status. That isn't the same as saying we should see him as a long term manager. Imo he has taken the club as far as he can. He is very much the "safe pair of hands" type of manager we needed in the recent past but, in large part thanks to Moyes, we have now outgrown. His record at Everton also suggests he is a manager who can take a club so far before hitting the buffers. Consistently flirting with the European spots but unable, apart from one season, to break through into the CL group. Bet Everton wished they had some of his "success" after he left, eh ?

I don't think we can get away with blaming the manager every time we lose and praising the players every time we win.

Now I'm preparing myself for people to be claiming this post is a pro Moyes one. The hard hat is poised. :lol:
Can't disagree with any of that , though what Joe is saying is by no means incorrect .

h69

Post by h69 »

This is a good example. Whichever way you look at it, he and the players have won a fair few games this season and by all means want better football but credit goes to Moyes and the players for winning the games which is what sport is all about surely. They achieved the results whether they scrapped for them or won them easily. Its no fluke that we have finished in the top 8 twice and are now 6th. The system works whether it is pretty enough for people or not. For that I give credit to him as I do for us winning so many games in Europe which has been a catalyst for players wanting to join us as well as us having something in the cabinet at last.

Yes we've played prettier football in the past but certainly not won as many games consistently as we have been doing under Moyes and it is arguably harder than ever to do so these days.