Prediction League - Round 21 - Results

Chat about anything football related here!
OZHAMMER

Prediction League - Round 21 - Results

Post by OZHAMMER »

In a largely lack-lustre round, both Mick and Clay topped the round with 130 points, further extending their lead at the top. This will infuriate third-placed Ibby who was unlucky to miss out on the correct score by only one, two, and sometimes three goals in all of his games, believe it or not. The fucking officials have a lot to answer for.

Honourable mention to leebo for cracking triple figures, as he tries to keep Terry, Deano, and NM in his sights in the fight for survival.

At the other end of the pile, Indian had a shocker with 40 points, and drops a spot. Others that need to hang their heads include Shark, the Brazilian, Jay, Dano, and myself, all scoring a measly 50 points.

Let me know if there are any errors.

Later fuckers...
Attachments
2023-2024 - Round 21 - Prediction League Results.PNG
2023-2024 - Round 21 - Prediction League Results.PNG (87.42 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Ibbyham

Re: Prediction League - Round 21 - Results

Post by Ibbyham »

Cheers Ozzy, I was raving very mad when Sheff Utd awarded a penalty and robbed me 80 points that cost me top 2 spots chance. That will haunt me forever.

Hopefully luck will come my way so I have to make sure my prediction scores more clinical but it usually don't via players mistakes, poor defending, poor ref and var that makes the differences.

What happened to the bottom 3 when the season end? Will they do prediction next season?
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Cheers Oz , but come on mate , my prediction for the Brentford-Notts Forest match was a 2-1 win for Brentford not 1-2 Notts Forest .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Time for Mystic Meg to hit the road. Should have known a Surname beginning with "M" would ne useless. Well maybe not all.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Clayton wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:12 pm Cheers Oz , but come on mate , my prediction for the Brentford-Notts Forest match was a 2-1 win for Brentford not 1-2 Notts Forest .
Hey Clay,

It appears that there are a couple of games that are recorded differently to your post. I note that you edited your post yesterday as well. Can you advise what you edited in your post?

I typically put the scores in the spreadsheet immediately after the post has been submitted. If someone edits their post after kickoff of the first game, I can’t be sure that they haven’t deliberately or accidentally changed a score.

If the fault lies with me, then I’m truly sorry mate.
Attachments
5C5DA38D-005F-4D61-8192-CEB1BA7DC687.jpeg
5C5DA38D-005F-4D61-8192-CEB1BA7DC687.jpeg (220.95 KiB) Viewed 389 times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Personally I think changing after the first game is played is a no no and should be outlawed Oz .

It’s highly possible , especially at the mo , that a team’s attitude tactics and especially line ups may be influenced by the outcome of a previous game in that round .

And predictions could be changed accordingly.

Btw is there no cup this year ?
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:37 pm Personally I think changing after the first game is played is a no no and should be outlawed Oz .

It’s highly possible , especially at the mo , that a team’s attitude tactics and especially line ups may be influenced by the outcome of a previous game in that round .

All predictions are entered into the spreadsheet before the first game of the round kicks off. (If someone submits late, the games that have commenced or finished become void and they'll receive no points for those games). I don't look at the predictions again after entering them, so it's largely irrelevant what anybody decides to do after that.

The problem with the case of Clay's tips is that I very well could have entered the scores incorrectly, but because he edited the post after the game in question, there's know way of knowing for sure. So unfortunately for him, I can't change his score.
Last edited by OZHAMMER on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

And no - no cup.

I think I might have left it too late to get that up and running.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:42 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:12 pm Cheers Oz , but come on mate , my prediction for the Brentford-Notts Forest match was a 2-1 win for Brentford not 1-2 Notts Forest .
Hey Clay,

It appears that there are a couple of games that are recorded differently to your post. I note that you edited your post yesterday as well. Can you advise what you edited in your post?

I typically put the scores in the spreadsheet immediately after the post has been submitted. If someone edits their post after kickoff of the first game, I can’t be sure that they haven’t deliberately or accidentally changed a score.

If the fault lies with me, then I’m truly sorry mate.
Certainly Oz , I changed West Ham score Sunday prior to the match , to a win rather than the loss :cry: being as Bowen was fit to play , which didn't go the way I expected . Prior to the match Saturday I changed my prediction for the Brentford match to a win :) being as Toney was returning .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:37 pm Personally I think changing after the first game is played is a no no and should be outlawed Oz .

Keep your nose out of it Tim :lol: , Oz is running the show here .