kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: kalvin

Post by Flairon »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:20 am
Flairon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:45 am
I did not say that they would want to replace their current manager (although I dare say that more than a few would). However, if they were in need of a Manager I stand by my position that they many of their fans would, let all be the owners would be happy to snap up a proven top ten Manager with a European trophy to his name.
Ok, but I notice your proven top ten manager with a European trophy is only good enough for relegation battling teams. 😂😂
Who said only? Did you not state or imply that no other team would want him? I simply gave an example of teams that I thought would. I am sure that if they needed a Manager and David Moyes was available there are other clubs would be interested in his services.

And, let's not forget that if it was not for the points deduction Everton would not be in a relegation battle.
Flairon

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Towie wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:58 am
Flairon wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:09 am I should think any off the bottom three would be interested. I would add Palace, Forest and dare I say that many at Everton would welcome him back.
Utter rubbish, Luton fans love their manager Rob Edwards,
Palace fans couldn’t wait to get rid of Woy, you really think they would want a Woy clone?
Forest have just beaten us 2-0 the other week, you think Forest fans walked away from that thinking we must get Moyes in.
Always a job somewhere for ex managers. EFL highlights show solme bloke said Stoke are looking at bringing Pulis back. Scraping the barrel that aint it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Flairon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:33 am
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:20 am

Ok, but I notice your proven top ten manager with a European trophy is only good enough for relegation battling teams. 😂😂
Who said only? Did you not state or imply that no other team would want him? I simply gave an example of teams that I thought would. I am sure that if they needed a Manager and David Moyes was available there are other clubs would be interested in his services.

And, let's not forget that if it was not for the points deduction Everton would not be in a relegation battle.
Yes, I asked which other clubs would want him?
You suggested bottom 3, Palace, Everton and Forest.

Which I noticed are all fighting relegation teams.

So hence my feedback to you on my observation.

🙄
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:12 am
Towie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:32 am Tell us which other clubs fans in the PL would want Moyes as their manager?
Based on a recent phone in proigram I caught a bit of it seems Moyes would be welcome at Burnley. Although I'm not sure if they stiull qualify as a PL team.
I don’t think a sample of one fan opinion is systemic of 20,000 fans opinion.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:18 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:12 am

Based on a recent phone in proigram I caught a bit of it seems Moyes would be welcome at Burnley. Although I'm not sure if they stiull qualify as a PL team.
Of course it isn't. Nor would the views of 3, which is what I heard on the program I mentioned, be counted as a representative survey. But we would be mad to believe they are the only three Burnley fans who have that view wouldn't we ?

The point the OP was making anuway was that he doun ted Moyes would gert another PL job if he left us. There might not be a m,ile lomng queue for his signature but I bet you there would be one or two clubs who would be in there. FFS hoiw many jobs has Steve Bruce and Dean Smith had, to name just two.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:40 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:18 pm

Of course it isn't. Nor would the views of 3, which is what I heard on the program I mentioned, be counted as a representative survey. But we would be mad to believe they are the only three Burnley fans who have that view wouldn't we ?

The point the OP was making anuway was that he doun ted Moyes would gert another PL job if he left us. There might not be a m,ile lomng queue for his signature but I bet you there would be one or two clubs who would be in there. FFS hoiw many jobs has Steve Bruce and Dean Smith had, to name just two.
Yes, I make you right.
But I find it funny that those who sing the praises of Moyes believe he is only good enough for teams fighting relegation.

None have said we should beware of Liverpool coming in for him at the end of season.

Also I was listening to talkshite the other week on the drive home from work, one of the hosts Darren Bent was claiming we should be careful who we wished for, when pressed further by his colleague he was asked if Brentford would have Moyes as manager or Ipswich and he said no as those clubs play decent football. 😂😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:40 pm

Yes, I make you right.
But I find it funny that those who sing the praises of Moyes believe he is only good enough for teams fighting relegation.

None have said we should beware of Liverpool coming in for him at the end of season.

Also I was listening to talkshite the other week on the drive home from work, one of the hosts Darren Bent was claiming we should be careful who we wished for, when pressed further by his colleague he was asked if Brentford would have Moyes as manager or Ipswich and he said no as those clubs play decent football. 😂😂
Don’t know about Ipswich but if Darren Bent thinks Brentford play good football I suggest his days as a pundit are numbered. :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm

Yes, I make you right.

Don’t know about Ipswich but if Darren Bent thinks Brentford play good football I suggest his days as a pundit are numbered. :lol:
Well not so much this season, certainly last season and season before they did as I recall. That win for us was the first over Brentford in PL since they promoted, make of that what you will. 🤔

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:47 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 pm

Well not so much this season, certainly last season and season before they did as I recall. That win for us was the first over Brentford in PL since they promoted, make of that what you will. 🤔
Imo they are a “Moyesball” team. When Toney and the bloke who is injured at the moment (Mbueno ?) are playing they get away with it. But when they’re not——— well, that explains this season. Thomas Frank, just like Moyes. No plan B.

That said they are probably operating on half our budget so we have to give them some credit for punching above their weight.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:12 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:33 am

Yes, I asked which other clubs would want him?
You suggested bottom 3, Palace, Everton and Forest.

Which I noticed are all fighting relegation teams.

So hence my feedback to you on my observation.

🙄
Moyes contract was not renewed at the end of the 17/18 season when we brought in Pellegrini, not renewed because of similar problems we re facing at the moment.
After he left, despite 14 PL clubs sacking their mangers from the time he left he remained unemployed,...no job.....not wanted.....or just not good enough until he was eventually a chance of job.........at West Ham.....again.
Everton were one of those clubs......and they didnt want him back.........as well as some good championship clubs
So to be fair to Towie it did seem like there was a distinct lack of interest in the serial winner or looser depending which stats you want to focus on, clambering for his signature.