kalvin

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: kalvin

Post by Flairon »

It would not surprise me to see Phillips line up along side Alvarez with Soucek taking a spot on the bench.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 am It would not surprise me to see Phillips line up along side Alvarez with Soucek taking a spot on the bench.
If that happens it would be the one and only Moyes decision that has ever EVER surprised me :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Utter rubbish and clickbait this. Only a moron with a personal vendetta against Moyes would actually believe this nonsense.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:12 am
Utter rubbish and click bait this.
Of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I can see it happening it’s entirely possible that others can .

P.s. EVERY link that includes the words west and ham can be described as click bait .
It’s a horrible term and tars every single WHU article on the internet with the same brush .
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:18 pm

Hmm. Like many of the posts on the Moyes debate it seems a lot of people are making comments based on supposition and personal prejudice than fact, wouldn't you agree ? We have evidence, for example, that Moyes does not appear to have a Plan B, we have evidence that, even when games are safely won or even safely lost, he is reluctant to have a look at many of the young players at his disposal to assesss their ability at PL level. Even the most avid supporters of Moyes would I feel sure concede both those points.

But I suspect you have no evidence that Moyes "isn't beyond doing it" as you have said in your response to another poster. I am assuming we will see Phillips make an appearance from the bench on Thursday. Not because of any agenda against Alvarez Moyes may have but because Phillips hasn't played a competitive game since November and id possibly therefore not match fit. Alvarez also hasn't played for a little while so I guess the click baiters will make the most of it if , as I have a gut feeling might happen, Phillips comes on to replace Alvarez after about an hour.
But you havent got evidence either that he is not beyond doing it. What we got is the man himself and his attitude.
There is no evidence that he will do this whatsoever. Alvarez has been one ofnthe first names on the team sheet once he came on in his first game. It is a story invented by someone with an agenda against Moyes. It's getting pretty tiresome now and shows the lack of credibility of that particular blogger. Obviously it may also be a ploy to hook in clicks in an effort to get paid. Negative stories generate more clicks than positive ones especially with our fanbase looking for negativity to back up their arguments.

We needed more bodies in midfield and we have gone and got some quality. Totally the right thing to do. It may take him a few sub appearances to get match fit but while he is a different type of player to Alvarez, he can cover that position if needed. I would see them both playing in some games as Phillips is known for his long passing so is more of a deep lying playmaker than just a natural destroyer like Alvarez.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:15 am

P.s. EVERY link that includes the words west and ham can be described as click bait .
It’s a horrible term and tars every single WHU article on the internet with the same brush .
Unfortunately unless it comes from the club then it is exactly that given most of these ITKs know nothing...what, you think these guys put out these stories for love ? Bless 🤣

It's about getting paid and a fair amount as well. Sensationalism and negativity gets clicks which in turn gets the authors paid. It's not just West Ham and not just football. While there are gullible people out there, there is a market for this trash.

Anyway....I'm off to the unveiling of Jonathan Tah and Adam Hlozek. Both are coming to the club as the vloggers have told me they are over and over again for a few years now. Just as well as Bowen is apparently leaving and Marshall won't sign a new contract. Maybe that is because of the punch up that Steidten and Moyes had though Sullivan doesn't care because he's selling up immediately when the tax situation allows him to. Last March I believe. 🤔

I dont blame the vloggers and bloggers. While there are mugs there is money to be made. Fair play to them.

If you want to see how much money can be made from clixks on youtube then watch this...a geezer with a video camera started taking vids if cars and now has this :

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:23 am
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:26 pm

But you havent got evidence either that he is not beyond doing it. What we got is the man himself and his attitude.
There is no evidence that he will do this whatsoever. Alvarez has been one ofnthe first names on the team sheet once he came on in his first game. It is a story invented by someone with an agenda against Moyes. It's getting pretty tiresome now and shows the lack of credibility of that particular blogger. Obviously it may also be a ploy to hook in clicks in an effort to get paid. Negative stories generate more clicks than positive ones especially with our fanbase looking for negativity to back up their arguments.

We needed more bodies in midfield and we have gone and got some quality. Totally the right thing to do. It may take him a few sub appearances to get match fit but while he is a different type of player to Alvarez, he can cover that position if needed. I would see them both playing in some games as Phillips is known for his long passing so is more of a deep lying playmaker than just a natural destroyer like Alvarez.
I never actually said there was evidence so i dont see why some seem to think i did. I said, and let me put in different terms other than " it would be Moyes all over" so maybe it is clearer. " I wouldn't put it past him ". That is based on what i know of the man. He might or might not, but with all his character flaws it doesnt put it beyond the realms of poszibility.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:15 am

Not truie imo., I think it sums up the more sensationalist banner headlines we have become accustomed to seeing. The more sensational the banner headline the more clicks a site will get. The bloke who coined the phrase "Don't let the truth get in the way of a good headlie", I think he said story rather than headline, but you get my drift I'm sure.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

" Never let the truth get in the way of a good story" coined by Mark Twain.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:57 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:23 am

I never actually said there was evidence so i dont see why some seem to think i did. I said, and let me put in different terms other than " it would be Moyes all over" so maybe it is clearer. " I wouldn't put it past him ". That is based on what i know of the man. He might or might not, but with all his character flaws it doesnt put it beyond the realms of poszibility.
I'm sure.....but it still doesn't change my opinion of the 'story'. My comments were aimed at the accuracy of the story rather than you personally.

The reason for the comments above ? why would you say it I wonder ? Saying 'That would be Moyes all over' suggests that you think this is a trait that he constantly displays but as you then mention, there is no evidence that this is the case so its a bit of a contradiction.