Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

exhammer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:53 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:58 am

Well, I must have one loose then. ;)

As it happens I think it's decent value for anyone who likes sport. The top matches are nearly always shown on one or the other, and that includes the relegation games towards the end of the season. I pay Virgin Media £71.25 a month for my TV Package and broadband. If I decided to start going to matches again like I used to it would cost me more than that for a ticket for ONE match and the cost, not to mention the aggravation, of getting there.

But her indoors is probably right when she says I need to give my head a shake because I've got a very good IPTV service as well so that I can watch stuff that's not covered by Sky & TNT.
Agree with you, that ain't a bad deal. Do you know how much extra the sports bundle is mate ? Part of that figure you got is for the broadband so it aint all for the sports is it ? Being nosey if youve got IPTV why do you keep paying Virgin ? But its like you say its about choice aint it. I mean theres people happy to pay twice as much a month to watch the Hammers Chat patreon stuff than they pay to get Netflix or Amazon. I might give Virgin a spin next time my contracts due to renew they keep trying to get me to sign up.
Why do I keep paying Virgin ? Good question mate. Basically because I watch their highlight shows, Bundesliga, French League and some of their documentaries and I tend to record them and watch when it suite me, not when the progs are on. Haven't got a clue how to recpord stuff on my IPTV, don't even know if it's possible, And, as you say, I'd be saviong peanuts because I'd still have to pay for the broadband.

Like you it makes me laugh when people grizzle about the price of Sky/TNT but are quite happy to pay out £10 a month or so to some of thge various click baiters that are out there. And I seem to remember a year or so back there was a lot of foot stamping and dummy spitting when the club were talking about launching some sort of patreon website. Maybe the dummy spitters saw the light and realised there was an opportunity there Don't like it, don't pay it, surely that's the best policy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:18 pm
exhammer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:53 pm

Agree with you, that ain't a bad deal. Do you know how much extra the sports bundle is mate ? Part of that figure you got is for the broadband so it aint all for the sports is it ? Being nosey if youve got IPTV why do you keep paying Virgin ? But its like you say its about choice aint it. I mean theres people happy to pay twice as much a month to watch the Hammers Chat patreon stuff than they pay to get Netflix or Amazon. I might give Virgin a spin next time my contracts due to renew they keep trying to get me to sign up.
Why do I keep paying Virgin ? Good question mate. Basically because I watch their highlight shows, Bundesliga, French League and some of their documentaries and I tend to record them and watch when it suite me, not when the progs are on. Haven't got a clue how to recpord stuff on my IPTV, don't even know if it's possible, And, as you say, I'd be saviong peanuts because I'd still have to pay for the broadband.

Like you it makes me laugh when people grizzle about the price of Sky/TNT but are quite happy to pay out £10 a month or so to some of thge various click baiters that are out there. And I seem to remember a year or so back there was a lot of foot stamping and dummy spitting when the club were talking about launching some sort of patreon website. Maybe the dummy spitters saw the light and realised there was an opportunity there Don't like it, don't pay it, surely that's the best policy.
I know what you’re going to say but you do realise Sky , TNT highlights shows can be viewed on your iptv dontcha ?
Often on catch up etc and their docs , welll you know where to find em .
You can record stuff from yer iptv with an app/player called tivimate but it is a bit involved and your firestick wouldn’t have the storage space I expect .

At the end of the day it’s just personal choice but I usually have trouble making ends meet anywhere so there’s no way I could afford any sky/virgin packages/ tv licence etc anyway .

Love iptv , great invention and a game changer for my wallet .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:18 pm

I know what you’re going to say but you do realise Sky , TNT highlights shows can be viewed on your iptv dontcha ?
You can record stuff from yer iptv with an app/player called tivimate but it is a bit involved and your firestick wouldn’t have the storage space I expect .

At the end of the day it’s just personal choice but I usually have trouble making ends meet anywhere so there’s no way I could afford any sky/virgin packages/ tv licence etc anyway .

Yep.. I know everything on "normal" t v can be viewed on IPTV (the service is absolutely brilliant btw) but I don't have the storage space on the firestick, nor probably the technical savvy, to record stuff from IPTV.

Agree IPTV is brilliant, and more convenient than what I used to do using different apps to watch the stuff that wasn't on Sky/TNT. Although I've kept my Virgin connectionb I use the IPTV service to watch our games that aren't covered by the usual suspects and I usually watch a 3 p m kick off game when we're not playing. And the grandkids love digging out obscure games to watch on the foreign channels. They had a Moscow derby game on a while back. Happy days.

You've probably got this website on your favourites, but if not it's very useful as a match locator. Very good for PSFs if you like watching them.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:39 pm

Yep.. I know everything on "normal" t v can be viewed on IPTV (the service is absolutely brilliant btw) but I don't have the storage space on the firestick, nor probably the technical savvy, to record stuff from IPTV.

Agree IPTV is brilliant, and more convenient than what I used to do using different apps to watch the stuff that wasn't on Sky/TNT. Although I've kept my Virgin connectionb I use the IPTV service to watch our games that aren't covered by the usual suspects and I usually watch a 3 p m kick off game when we're not playing. And the grandkids love digging out obscure games to watch on the foreign channels. They had a Moscow derby game on a while back. Happy days.

You've probably got this website on your favourites, but if not it's very useful as a match locator. Very good for PSFs if you like watching them.

Yep there’s a Portuguese 2nd div match I’ll be glued to at 11am which will start my usual Saturday footy fest . It’ll be that , serie a laliga with a bit of Bundesliga (1 AND 2) thrown in till teatime .
Then the old woman gets home and cuts off that particular line of pleasure :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:07 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:35 pm

Yep there’s a Portuguese 2nd div match I’ll be glued to at 11am which will start my usual Saturday footy fest . It’ll be that , serie a laliga with a bit of Bundesliga (1 AND 2) thrown in till teatime .
Then the old woman gets home and cuts off that particular line of pleasure :lol:
You should enjoy the Bundesliga this week. It's the Leverkusen v Bayern match at 17.30. A better watch than Forest v Newcastle I shouldn't wonder. Unfortunately it clashes with the big game in Spain this week, Real Madrid v Girona.

Surprised you've chosen the Viseu v Penafiel game in Portugal to kick off your day though. I would have thought the delights of watching the Frauleins of Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen do battle would have trumped that. ;)

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

I have no SKY/TNT/IPTV or any paid for TV, yet I can watch ALL Sport if I want, just make sure you have a VPN, everything you want is on the internet, and now mostly in HD as well, not that hard if an old cunt like me is telling you. Android boxes can get you ALL TV/Films you would want as well. So everything you would want for the cost of a VPN and Broadband!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:09 am I have no SKY/TNT/IPTV or any paid for TV, yet I can watch ALL Sport if I want, just make sure you have a VPN, everything you want is on the internet, and now mostly in HD as well, not that hard if an old cunt like me is telling you. Android boxes can get you ALL TV/Films you would want as well. So everything you would want for the cost of a VPN and Broadband!
I have you to thank for initially pointing me in the right direction Dave tbh .
You were into this kind of stuff long before iptv became accessible for all and sundry .
It was just a case of finding the right service for me .
Tbh it costs me a little bit more than It could as I have 3 services including back ups etc but it’s still pennies in comparison to Sky etc . but they have slightly different content on them all so I can always without fail find what I want to watch .

For Whiskey, dunno why mate , maybe cos it’s just the earliest game I can find of interest , but I do seem to have grown quite fond of the Portuguese second division , Danish league and also the Turkish supaliga .

Amazing the mistakes UK bookies make with these sorts of games :lol:

I detest Sky SO much that if I find a game that Sky etc are broadcasting I’ll automatically search for an alternative.

Outrageous is the half baked coverage of any club non Sky 6+Villa/Geordies.
Makes me puke tbqh.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:09 am I have no SKY/TNT/IPTV or any paid for TV, yet I can watch ALL Sport if I want, just make sure you have a VPN, everything you want is on the internet, and now mostly in HD as well, not that hard if an old cunt like me is telling you. Android boxes can get you ALL TV/Films you would want as well. So everything you would want for the cost of a VPN and Broadband!
Newmarket will disagree but you don’t even need a VPN. Before I got my IPTV service I used to watch games with apps like Live Streamz, LA Deportes and so on. I prefer the IPTV because it’s all under one roof so to epeak. Horses for courses.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:38 pm
Newmarket will disagree but you don’t even need a VPN. Before I got my IPTV service I used to watch games with apps like Live Streamz, LA Deportes and so on. I prefer the IPTV because it’s all under one roof so to epeak. Horses for courses.
I kinda disagree but not totally . You don’t NEED a vpn as such , just think it’s advisable to in certain situations .

Not just for illegally watching footy and ppv’s but for extra security and data protection etc on ALL devices connected to the internet including laptops and every mobile device in the house . It’ll all work fine without a vpn I just choose to use one especially whilst streaming stuff broadcast by Sky & Bt .
Fortunately neither are my internet provider. My speeds had the cunt throttled out of em when they were.

Be interested , as I’m sure you are , to know Dave’s take on VPN’s etc . He’s a lot more up with that sort of thing than I am.
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:38 pm
My understanding is that without a VPN it is all traceable if needed? Also, I believe ISP's can block you out of certain sites, where as with a VPN, no one but you knows where you are and what you are doing. VPN's are cheap and I would not do certain things without one. Many, many people have received warning letters so be careful.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... Pev8F2uKed

If you pay for anything, Footy site/IPTV/ Anything dodgy, then you leave a paper trail which just might come back and bite you!
Also, if you are really clever you can buy games from around the World using a VPN at a fraction of UK prices. Stay safe people. :)