Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our very poor performance against Bournemouth and we haven't won a single game in 2024 yet we are in February and I cannot see that happening in our next 2 big games whom we beat them on December 2023. Man Utd and Arsenal are picking up form now while we are still very poor in performance for much of the season hence why the board not gave Moyes a contract yet. As our past records of West Ham 1st half of season vs 2nd half of season, most of the time West Ham started 1st half very well like in 1974-75, 1975-76, 1983-84, 1986-87, 2000-01, 2014-15 & 2021-22 we ended up between 1 to 3 wins in 2nd half with the only 3 exceptions in 1985-86 (3rd), 2015-16 (7th) and 2020-21 (6th) we did well BOTH halves of the season and the way I see it now, we are repeating the bad habits again. Need to perform better against Man Utd otherwise they will thump us. I am not very convince of Kalvin Phillips and hope he will improve. Injuries front we got Antonio out but Paqueta is just started back in training so doubt he will be ready for the Man Utd game but should be ready for the Arsenal game a week later. Suspension - Coufal. AFCON - Aguerd.

Squad:

Areola

Johnson
Mavropanos
Ogbonna/Zouma
Emerson

Alvarez
Phillips
Soucek

JWP
Bowen
Kudus

We need to be sharp and focus. We never had a good record at Old Trafford since the Premier League era began in 1992 as we only won TWICE when before 1992, we won 10. I hope Paqueta can be able to make it but probably not yet ready.

Results probable:

Man Utd win: 99%
Draw 1%
West Ham win: 0%

Hpoe I am prove wrong on the above.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

normannomates

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by normannomates »

hat-trick for st saviour of the starving children .
i admire your optimism though IBBY son ...

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I think Coufal is available for this game Ibby, his ban was just for one match , two yellow cards, not a straight red.
Aguerd could well be back as his team were knocked out of AFCON due to his horrendous mandatory fuck up

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:09 am I think Coufal is available for this game Ibby, his ban was just for one match , two yellow cards, not a straight red.
Aguerd could well be back as his team were knocked out of AFCON due to his horrendous mandatory fuck up
would take both back in a heart beat currently. Johnson has done well recently but actually thought he maybe better in midfield (where of course we are light :D )
auguerd distribution is sooooooooo much better that zouma, fuck me he looked like bambi on ice last night.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I had a fairly good feeling about this game... until yesterday’s performance.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am I had a fairly good feeling about this game... until yesterday’s performance.
Yesterday's performance :? , these types os performances under our savior are nothing unusual Oz , just occasionally we have a spell of strange results in our favour and the very odd performance where we actually deserve a win .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

shallacking incoming i reckon. even at our best i have only seen us win at OT twice (maybe 3 times).
rip someones else's hand off for a draw.
if we set up like last night they will cruise thru our midfield at will.
If pablo still here get him on (or even benny) move KP further forward and soucek back, or i'd give ings a run out again, brings a bit of energy to closing down and you never know he might get his 1st goal......just fuckin with ya :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:05 am shallacking incoming i reckon. even at our best i have only seen us win at OT twice (maybe 3 times).
If pablo still here get him on (or even benny) move KP further forward and soucek back, or i'd give ings a run out again, brings a bit of energy to closing down and you never know he might get his 1st goal......just fuckin with ya :D
You mean bring Soucek back as far as the dressing room don’t you?
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:11 am
brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:05 am shallacking incoming i reckon. even at our best i have only seen us win at OT twice (maybe 3 times).
You mean bring Soucek back as far as the dressing room don’t you?
A bit unfair on Soucek last night I reckon. Low bar I admit but I felt he was our second best midfielder behind Alvarez. Phillips was absolutely woeful and clearlky not match fit, and I still haven't worked out what the hell JWP brings to the party, although he does make a beautiful sideways pass. No wonder his pass completion stats are so good. Any of us could pass to someone 5 metres away FFS. I can cut Phillips some slack because it's not his fault he was picked even though he clearly wasn't ready to start. That was a decision taken by, presumably, the same bloke who didn't realise what the rest oif us presumably did, that we lacked pace and width. A master stroke of tactical genius to introduce Cornet to try and change the game with 3 minutes left. Useless bloody sod made no impression at all. :)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:09 am I think Coufal is available for this game Ibby, his ban was just for one match , two yellow cards, not a straight red.
Cheers for the info so that leave West Ham with Antonio our only absentee and Paqueta is 50/50 on this match but more likely he will feature against Arsenal otherwise Scott McTominay will destroy Paqueta and make him injured for long period if Moyesballs decided to play him.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.