West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:35 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:20 am Embarrassed and ashamed to be West Ham yesterday.
It is not often you see an exodus like was seen yesterday, but you can hardly blame them given the knowledge of Moyes's philosophy. Had i been there i would have done the same.
Don’t blame them at all.
I was referring to the fucking abysmal “display “ from our useless fucking team and that cunt if a manager I couldn’t give a fuck if everyone fucked off
I fucked off back to the pub well before half time
An absolute shambles.

Not fit to wear the shirt.
Last edited by Dwayne Pipes on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

WelshIron wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 am
Towie wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:38 am
Yes, definitely the latter, but Chris Sutton has slated West Ham fans and said no true supporter would leave at half time.
He should try watching it week in week out.

Palace
Sheff Utd 2nd half
Brighton
Bournemouth
Everton
Arsenal
Man Utd first half

All the worse kind of football.
All these bloody pundits are at it, even yesterday the commentator and pundit (forgot his name as he was such a wanker I didnt care) on teh radio were slating us and praising moyes, at 6-0 down... The love-in with the sweaty sock doesnt make any sense to me.
Thing is with these pundits and media fucking old waffle
They don’t have to shell out money to watch that drivel that’s being served up by this fraud of a manager

Cunts.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:09 pm

So would you have sat through the second half knowing with certainty what you were going to be sitting through? If it were me it wont matter if we are losing or are losing and havent got a chance to win ( although not beyond the realms) i would remain if i knew we sould at least not have to suffer a sit back and keep the score down game..
I've already answered that question if you rtad the post. I never left a game early and, although never having seen a 0-6 home defeat I have sta through many utter debacles at Upton Park over the many years I did go. One particularly grim poeriod saw us lose 0-4 at home twice in quick succession, against Everton and Sheffield Wednesday if memory serves. The only 0-6 reverse I have witnessed was at Goodison.

That is not to claim that I am a "better supporter" than those who did othgerwise, it was simply a matter of personal choice. I enjoy football and am capable of appreciating good football even if it's being played by our opponents. Seems dsaft to me paying good money to go to a game and missing a huge chunk of it. But horses for courses.
You said what you did then not what you would do now knowing that it was a 99.9% certainty you would have got exactly what we got on sunday.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:47 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:35 am

It is not often you see an exodus like was seen yesterday, but you can hardly blame them given the knowledge of Moyes's philosophy. Had i been there i would have done the same.
Don’t blame them at all.
I was referring to the fucking abysmal “display “ from our useless fucking team and that cunt if a manager I couldn’t give a fuck if everyone fucked off
An absolute shambles.

You are one of the few who will give credit where and when its due and cunt them off where and when its due. Respect for that

Who do you think is to blame deep down for our abysmal displays, I use displays because there are many. ?
Is it the players , not giving a fuck or is it the horrendous tactics they are asked to perform?
I have my suspicions but have only been able to watch it on the TV.
Are the players really that bad.....all 11 of them.........or are the tactics just unplayable.......various players played out of position cant help either but thats not the players fault.
I am interested in your opinion

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 pm

Don’t blame them at all.
An absolute shambles.

You are one of the few who will give credit where and when its due and cunt them off where and when its due. Respect for that

Who do you think is to blame deep down for our abysmal displays, I use displays because there are many. ?
Is it the players , not giving a fuck or is it the horrendous tactics they are asked to perform?
Are the players really that bad.....all 11 of them.........or are the tactics just unplayable.......various players played out of position cant help either but thats not the players fault.
Sullivan interfering and fannying around in the transfer market don’t help matters obviously
But Moyes picks the team, tactics and positions and should be motivating the fucking players.
Square pegs in round holes thinking
We often look beaten before a ball is fucking kicked
That’s down to Moyes and the nodding dog coaching staff imo.
It’s come to the stage now I’m knocking back or getting rid of tickets.
Fucking sick of em

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Don’t blame them at all.
An absolute shambles.

I will give you my opinion for what it is worth and no doubt there will be some that think it's utter bollox.

I think the players have to shoulddr some of the blame because no matter what you should at least show some pride. Unfotunately they have to do the same thing week in week out knowing, probably , that his tactics are as old as the hills and boring and unaffective to boot.

It must be monotanous to play the same way every game just waiting to pick up some scraps instead of actually playing football. Remember Moyes said we don't need the ball often. So there they are hardly any possession trying to win a game on slim pickings.

Then you got Sundays game, doing the same but with our backs to the wall just to make sure they kept the score line down. Well they only scored two in the second half so i guess there is some kind of futile arguement that it worked. Maybe it didn't occur to Moyes that you can narrow the deficit by actually attacking and scoring a goal or two yourself. We basically got a team who arent allowed to play football.

I just wonder now which team will turn up in the Europa Cup, because i think the players thoughts towards the league at the moment are secondry in their minds.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:40 pm

I will give you my opinion for what it is worth and no doubt there will be some that think it's utter bollox.

I think the players have to shoulddr some of the blame because no matter what you should at least show some pride. Unfotunately they have to do the same thing week in week out knowing, probably , that his tactics are as old as the hills and boring and unaffective to boot.

It must be monotanous to play the same way every game just waiting to pick up some scraps instead of actually playing football. Remember Moyes said we don't need the ball often. So there they are hardly any possession trying to win a game on slim pickings.

Then you got Sundays game, doing the same but with our backs to the wall just to make sure they kept the score line down. Well they only scored two in the second half so i guess there is some kind of futile arguement that it worked. Maybe it didn't occur to Moyes that you can narrow the deficit by actually attacking and scoring a goal or two yourself. We basically got a team who arent allowed to play football.

I just wonder now which team will turn up in the Europa Cup, because i think the players thoughts towards the league at the moment are secondry in their minds.
All opinions are justifiable Joe, I mentioned this because I was watching Bowen yesterday, a right winger who was a regular goal scorer in his preferred position, now playing as a striker/centre forward......running round like headless chicken to try and pick up scraps now hasn't scored for 6 PL games whereas whilst playing Right wing his dry periods would only last 1 match ( this season ). I feel for him
Ben Johnson, playing left wing........one of the few shining stars the last 2 or 3 games.....but a left winger he isn't .....put there no doubt for his defensive abilities ........ that didn't go too well did it .......why not start Cornet and show some sort of attacking intention.
Bringing on Phillips for Alvarez ........maybe he did have a yellow card...... but one of our better players
Bringing on the Greek in place of Zouma .........IMO he should of started against Arsenal ..... lot quicker than Zouma
Bringing on Cresswell for Emerson .........was he injured .....FFS we were already 6-0 down

Playing at home with less than 30% possession against one of the best teams in the PL and allowing them 25 shots is never going to end well with our defensive capabilities, so all in all my blame is swinging towards the management side of our team.

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:18 pm

All opinions are justifiable Joe, I mentioned this because I was watching Bowen yesterday, a right winger who was a regular goal scorer in his preferred position, now playing as a striker/centre forward......running round like headless chicken to try and pick up scraps now hasn't scored for 6 PL games whereas whilst playing Right wing his dry periods would only last 1 match ( this season ). I feel for him
Ben Johnson, playing left wing........one of the few shining stars the last 2 or 3 games.....but a left winger he isn't .....put there no doubt for his defensive abilities ........ that didn't go too well did it .......why not start Cornet and show some sort of attacking intention.
Bringing on Phillips for Alvarez ........maybe he did have a yellow card...... but one of our better players
Bringing on the Greek in place of Zouma .........IMO he should of started against Arsenal ..... lot quicker than Zouma
Bringing on Cresswell for Emerson .........was he injured .....FFS we were already 6-0 down

Playing at home with less than 30% possession against one of the best teams in the PL and allowing them 25 shots is never going to end well with our defensive capabilities, so all in all my blame is swinging towards the management side of our team.
I know I said to my son on way out, what was point bringing on Cresswell? Why not give Scarles the last 10 mins to get some PL experience.

I don’t blame the players at all, they must be absolutely fed up with the shit tactics and been played out position.

To be playing long balls up to Bowen against 2 commanding CB’s is ludicrous, I mean if you going to play that style at least play Mubama or Soucek there to win some knock downs. Ffs
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:18 pm

A scared man who hasn't a clue. He makes the appeaance of pretending he does....but we know better. We got arnydroids playing for us, well thats what i call the players he tries to make something else.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Where's Norm?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............