WHU fans vs The Media

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

WHU fans vs The Media

Post by garnett »

This topic seems to be gaining momentum, the only one I've seen agreeing with our point of view was Souness yesterday on TalkSport, Jim white wasn't happy

eskimo joe

Re: WHU fans vs The Media

Post by eskimo joe »

garnett wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:57 am This topic seems to be gaining momentum, the only one I've seen agreeing with our point of view was Souness yesterday on TalkSport, Jim white wasn't happy
The media all with something to say and nothing new. They all spout the same old shit based solely on the fact we are West Ham and should be grateful of our present standing and the fact we won a mediocre cup. Media dont pay the bills supporters do, maybe with our current league standing and the likelyhood of no relegation support should stay away for the duration. Wont happen though, you got pro Moyes that will attend but worse still you got the anti ones of which many, not all but many, will continue to go. The walk out was noticed during the Arsenal game need more in all following games. Banners dont cut it if you turn up to show them. Staying away en masse sends a bigger message.

As for White, well he is a Sullivan stooge so his opinion is worth sweet FA
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

garnett wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:57 am This topic seems to be gaining momentum, the only one I've seen agreeing with our point of view was Souness yesterday on TalkSport, Jim white wasn't happy
I haven't seen Souness' take on it yet, I'll have to see if I can find it on YouTube. Perry Groves made some comments sympathizing with us and so has Mark Goldbridge.

I was particularly incensed by Jeff Stelling when Nicky from WHFTV was on, patronising wanker with no clue, Nicky held his own really well though. This whole narrative these media shills have about us is mental.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

WelshIron wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:48 am
I haven't seen Souness' take on it yet, I'll have to see if I can find it on YouTube. Perry Groves made some comments sympathizing with us and so has Mark Goldbridge.

I was particularly incensed by Jeff Stelling when Nicky from WHFTV was on, patronising wanker with no clue, Nicky held his own really well though. This whole narrative these media shills have about us is mental.
I heard Nicky's thing on Talk Sport and thought he put his points across very well, which tbh didn't surprise me. Nick is a very articulate and intelligent guy, who showed himself to be capable of engaging in a sensible debate. Unfortunately I've also heard an assortment of other callers on this subject and, sadly, a lot of them are a few levels down from Nick and don't show the fan base in a very good light.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 am

I heard Nicky's thing on Talk Sport and thought he put his points across very well, which tbh didn't surprise me. Nick is a very articulate and intelligent guy, who showed himself to be capable of engaging in a sensible debate. Unfortunately I've also heard an assortment of other callers on this subject and, sadly, a lot of them are a few levels down from Nick and don't show the fan base in a very good light.
I'm afraid I have to agree, no favours are being done spouting bollocks like a neanderthal

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

talksport.. ?...fuckin hell..

I phoned Terry christian/Jason cunty show every saturday evening...
Funnily enough , I always got through.

Apparently , I became a problem for Keith Arthur on Fisherman Blues on sunday mornings as well.

I feel bad about that...nice man

had no idea about my carry -on with Keith until years later.
Last edited by normannomates on Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

only engage when necessary .
Fick - niK

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

the Kumbstainer WC Pete just called Woolwich a DICK.
WC Pete is your modern day WHU supporter .

Mentally..a major part of me says fuck it..and walk away for good....I have had enough of all the bullshit.

but I know I never will.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Jeff Stelling made a decent point on Talk Sport this morning. He was basically saying that a lot of the fans, at least the ones who phone in, only get wound up about it following a defeat. And who were we listening to moaning and groaning this morning ?> Chelsea fans of course who are demanding Pochettino's head. FFS one of them even said he wanted Allardyce. :lol:

There are a number of perfectly valid reasons for people questioning Moyes' ability as a manager but they would be a lot more valid imo, and probably taken more notice of, if they were pointed out following a win like last night. And I would certainly nominate the bloke from West Ham TV to be the one to put the views across instead of the usual bunch of foaming at the mouth muppets who clog up the airwaves following a loss. Much like the Chelsea lot who gave me a good chuckle this morning.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:26 am
The media all with something to say and nothing new. They all spout the same old shit based solely on the fact we are West Ham and should be grateful of our present standing and the fact we won a mediocre cup. Media dont pay the bills supporters do, maybe with our current league standing and the likelyhood of no relegation support should stay away for the duration. Wont happen though, you got pro Moyes that will attend but worse still you got the anti ones of which many, not all but many, will continue to go. The walk out was noticed during the Arsenal game need more in all following games. Banners dont cut it if you turn up to show them. Staying away en masse sends a bigger message.

As for White, well he is a Sullivan stooge so his opinion is worth sweet FA
'We won a mediocre cup' - and you lot say you are not entitled fan boys ? Were you in the stadium in Prague because I doubt you would say that if you had experienced that night.

Boycotting games because you don't like the style of football - and you claim to be a supporter FFS. I've never seen you support anything to do with this club. In fact you seem happy when things are not working so it matches your agenda. You are worse than numbers.

Don't you see it is your attitude above as to why the media think a large section of our support are deluded cunts....and they'd be right. All you care about is Pro Moyes vs Anti Moyes and before that it was Pro Board vs Anti Board. All you do is try and destabilize the club and we are better off without fans like you.