Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Can we follow our good win against Brentford to Everton? Everton will be buoyed over their points deductions reduced and that will give their players beliefs and confident so we need to NOT repeat our poor performances against Arsenal and Nottm Forest. Out own plus side that we DON'T have any injuries so that good timing with the Europa Cup coming round next....Goodison Park is never a happy ground for us as it is the most miserable ground in UK even though we beat them at their ground twice before last season back down to earth. We need to start attacking in front foot and keep our possession as high as possible as we don't want to keep inviting Everton to be their front-foot. I am not confident in Zouma as he was poor against Brentford and gifted them 2 goals. I would hope Moyes to put Ogbonna as captain with Mavropanos.

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Ogbonna (c)
Emerson

Soucek
Alvarez
JWP

Paqueta
Bowen
Kudus

We need to perform sharply and keep on front-foot to have any chance of getting anything from here.

Results Probable

Everton win: 70%
Draw: 20%
West Ham win: 10%

Hope I am proved wrong in above %.

COYI!!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Re: Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Going to be a tough outing and our main worry is the defence. If Moyes put Ogbonna as captain and Mavropanos, then I am a bit confident but if Moyes put Phillips in starting line-up, we are done by 5 mins of the game.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good job Ibbs.

Macropenis is a strange one - he seems to be prone to a clanger or two each game, and caught out of position a bit, but I saw a stat the other day that suggests we don't lose many games when we plays.

I've got a feeling Everton will win this, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong, and we towel-whip the pricks.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Wonderful intro Mr Ibby.
I don’t have your concerns for this one. A comfortable win for us away from home. Moyes will stamp his authority on this one early and remind those blue scousers what they are missing.
Or possibly not…
:lol:
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:50 pm Wonderful intro Mr Ibby.
I don’t have your concerns for this one. A comfortable win for us away from home. Moyes will stamp his authority on this one early and remind those blue scousers what they are missing.
Or possibly not…
:lol:
I would be more confident of us winning IF ALL our defences are good enough but sadly that wasn't the case and need at least 3 top defenders this summer plus right back and left back so that 5 plus a striker as Antonio is long past his sell-by-date. If Moyes put Phillips from the start or mid-way 2nd half, you know the outcome. Everton are desperate for points but so does we as we need to keep top 8 now that Scouser won the Mickey-Mouse Cup so with top 5 going to Champions League, 6th place is normal for Europa Cup and now 7th place for Europa Cup and 8th for Conference Cup which if we go there again, we can win it again as it is our only chance of a trophy WITHOUT those greedy top 6 clubs as we did last season.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Everton will register their first win in 9 games..

David will tell us all how he won a European trophy and how our passing wasnt quite at the levels.

David will be rope -swinging in to some lucky ladies boudoir come saturday evening regardless...

the Moyseswaffe will still be staunch .,.

Some fings are inevitable.

PS...thanks Ibby son

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:56 am Good job Ibbs.

Macropenis is a strange one - he seems to be prone to a clanger or two each game, and caught out of position a bit, but I saw a stat the other day that suggests we don't lose many games when we plays.

I've got a feeling Everton will win this, unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong, and we towel-whip the pricks.
Is towel -whipping popular amongst the male population in Australia ?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Only if you’re the whipper.
Attachments
697A6B73-203E-4B4A-B9B5-11AC2A6D913E.gif
697A6B73-203E-4B4A-B9B5-11AC2A6D913E.gif (60.61 KiB) Viewed 161 times

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:35 am Only if you’re the whipper.
👏..
I'm twice the size of that muppet

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Mixed feelings re this game .
Part of me was delighted by the apparent upturn in performance last Monday ( I didn’t see the game) and hoping that David has turned it around yet again .

The rest of me feels a combination of certain things ..

We are away from home
Everton still rank as one of our bogey teams despite improvements in our record vs them in recent years .
Everton being David’s former club he will really really really want to avoid defeat in this one .

So , it’ll be one of two things .
Yet another Moyes renaissance with another stunning display ….
Or Moyes shitting himself and reverting to type .

What’ll it be ? Answers on a postcard.
Bring back Jonathon !