When men were men

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

When men were men

Post by deanox »

I used to love the old days when neck high tackles were allowed :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/68418810
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

tassiehammer

Re: When men were men

Post by tassiehammer »

Brilliant :lol: :lol: . Chopper, Webby, Ginger cunt and Big Jack going to war. I remember watching that game. There'd only be the 2 keepers left on the pitch these days and one of them would be the sub after that challenge. :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

WelshIron

Post by WelshIron »

Love it! Takes me back to the early 80s when I first started playing football, I was tall and big for my age and so ended up in defense with a prime directive of kicking the shit out of anyone who comes near the area. I did have a fair few red cards :D fun though.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Directive ..Hit them hard on the first tackle
to let them know you are around, gives them something more to think of when on the ball. That was the instructions i was given.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I have to have a little chuckle when I hear people moaning about players cheating when they dive, Souness is one who comes to mind, but get all dewy eyed when going back over his career and talkijng about so called "hard men" whose role in the side was basically to stop, by ANY means possible any player in the opposition ranks who had any degree of skill whatsoever. And that fucking Leeds side of the 70s were a vile bunch. Bloody unbelievable that players like George Best didn't suffer molre injuries in their careers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:53 am I have to have a little chuckle when I hear people moaning about players cheating when they dive, Souness is one who comes to mind, but get all dewy eyed when going back over his career and talkijng about so called "hard men" whose role in the side was basically to stop, by ANY means possible any player in the opposition ranks who had any degree of skill whatsoever. And that fucking Leeds side of the 70s were a vile bunch. Bloody unbelievable that players like George Best didn't suffer molre injuries in their careers.
That was why I think the whole country, apart from a dung heap up Yorkshire way, were cheering for Chelsea. Leeds were fucking horrible.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:53 am I have to have a little chuckle when I hear people moaning about players cheating when they dive, Souness is one who comes to mind, but get all dewy eyed when going back over his career and talkijng about so called "hard men" whose role in the side was basically to stop, by ANY means possible any player in the opposition ranks who had any degree of skill whatsoever. And that fucking Leeds side of the 70s were a vile bunch. Bloody unbelievable that players like George Best didn't suffer molre injuries in their careers.
That was why I think the whole country, apart from a dung heap up Yorkshire way, were cheering for Chelsea. Leeds were fucking horrible.
And when they played Bayern Munich in the European Cup Final sales of Lederhosen in the UK reached unprecedented levels. A bunch of utterly obnoxious scumbags.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm Brilliant :lol: :lol: . Chopper, Webby, Ginger cunt and Big Jack going to war. I remember watching that game. There'd only be the 2 keepers left on the pitch these days and one of them would be the sub after that challenge. :lol:
The Leeds Utd Vs Chelsea replay in 1970 is my all-time favourite game...

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:01 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:43 pm

And when they played Bayern Munich in the European Cup Final sales of Lederhosen in the UK reached unprecedented levels. A bunch of utterly obnoxious scumbags.
Yep.
They werent hard men .. definitely not in the real world...just snide dirty cunts.
The only hard man amongst them in reality was Charlton

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Bit of useless information unless it's the last question on who wants to be a millionaire.
David Webb was a local lad from Carpenters Rd.