West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham vs Freiburg Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:31 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:17 pm

Weird take on this whiskey . Not worth trying to qualify for Europe at all then I guess? Personally loved getting to semi finals couple years ago, I mean I wouldn’t disagree that we are a pretty long shot but that applies to prem and domestic cups as well.

Enjoyed the ride so far and hope we can cling onto 7th and qualify again ( although we’ve got some tough games coming up and reckon we’ll struggle to get Europe for a 4th season on the bounce).

Would agree regards moyes either back him or sack him the atmosphere is toxic and not helping the players. We are a very weird bunch of supporters .
I'd love to see us qualify for Europe again but, let's be realistic, we aren't going to do it via the Europa League so my take on it is that we might as well put all our eggs in the PL basket. I think it's highly unlikely we will qualify that way either but, tbh, relatively speaking the clubs below us, Newcastle apart, have squads we should be finishing above. In the Europa League I think there are several, most notably Liverpool , Bayer Leverkusen and the two Italian sides who frankly, on our present form, would have us for breakfast and spit out the crumbs.

Realistically with all the toxicity around the gaff at the moment I think it's likely we'll manage to fuck up in the league and will therefore miss out on Europe completely which in turn will make recruitment of quality players more difficult. Personally I think whatever the eventual outcome of the managerial fiasco, imo he'll go in large part because of the failure to qualify for Europe, the toxicity will remain. If he stays Claret & Booze and the like minded You Tubers would go into meltdown and if a new bloke comes in the pro-Moyes brigade will come out of hiding once one or two results go south and it'll probably all kick off again.
As said we are a very strange breed of supporter. Not sure many other teams would be arguing about manager with the year we’ve had and where we currently sit.
10 or so games to go, I’d have taken standing just outside the top 6…irrelevant what happens here on in because it’s all about moyes in/out….& you seemingly have to be on one side or the other.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:26 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:31 pm

I'd love to see us qualify for Europe again but, let's be realistic, we aren't going to do it via the Europa League so my take on it is that we might as well put all our eggs in the PL basket. I think it's highly unlikely we will qualify that way either but, tbh, relatively speaking the clubs below us, Newcastle apart, have squads we should be finishing above. In the Europa League I think there are several, most notably Liverpool , Bayer Leverkusen and the two Italian sides who frankly, on our present form, would have us for breakfast and spit out the crumbs.

Realistically with all the toxicity around the gaff at the moment I think it's likely we'll manage to fuck up in the league and will therefore miss out on Europe completely which in turn will make recruitment of quality players more difficult. Personally I think whatever the eventual outcome of the managerial fiasco, imo he'll go in large part because of the failure to qualify for Europe, the toxicity will remain. If he stays Claret & Booze and the like minded You Tubers would go into meltdown and if a new bloke comes in the pro-Moyes brigade will come out of hiding once one or two results go south and it'll probably all kick off again.
As said we are a very strange breed of supporter. Not sure many other teams would be arguing about manager with the year we’ve had and where we currently sit.
10 or so games to go, I’d have taken standing just outside the top 6…irrelevant what happens here on in because it’s all about moyes in/out….& you seemingly have to be on one side or the other.
I believe it’s called the West Ham way mate. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

to be honest, as a long-standing fan, I'm not thinking of the next round (similar to all cup competitions) let's just win and see what happens.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Freiberg are shite...it's as simple as that.

Just like all our group were..

THE SERBS ?...DOGSHIT.
and we fluked an undeserved win at the end to the equilivent of OXFORD CITY...

THE BUBBLES?....DOGSHIT..
But Moyes played the name and LOST IN ATHENS

FREIBERG?...COME ON ...FUCKIN HELLS BELLS

PROPER Moyes fodder this to strut his stuff..he dines out and survives on this shite.

And on we go with this cunt and his 2 Bob mob.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Normally a supposedly highly rated 'successful' manager is headhunted...the media pondlife stirring the pot.
Moyes?...
All our traditional rivals are chuffed to bits that Moyes is our manager.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Freiburg are shit
Their goalkeeper is shit
Therefore get at the kraut cunts from the off
Will I happen will it fuck
Got a feeling this might go to penalties.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:59 pm Freiburg are shit
Their goalkeeper is shit
Therefore get at the kraut cunts from the off
Will I happen will it fuck
Got a feeling this might go to penalties.
You've screwed the pooch Dwayne. N ow watch the game go to penalties and their keeper pull off a couple of wonder saves to put our lights out. ;)

I'm a bit more pessimistic than you. I don't think Freiburg are particularly good but on our recent form I reckon it's us who are the shit team. The old gut is telling me that an Astra Giurgiu moment is on the cards.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:17 pm Honestly couldn't care less about Thursday's game tbh. Let's face it we're not going to win the competition so what's the point ? The managerial situation has to be sorted out one way or the other, the uncertainty is doing nobody any good, and if Moyes is going to go then the best solution is surely to get rid now. At the moment everyone seems to be simply going through the motions.
I know where you are coming from, however I do care about it. I’m not daft enough to believe we will win it, but I do want to get through this round, and when we lose, may it be to one of better teams left, so at least we have another big night under the lights.

But I know there is a fair degree of indifference judging by the huge number of tickets left (when I last looked yesterday). Presumably a fair number of people think that losing to modest opposition now, and league form tapering off will see the end of DM. But I can’t wish for defeat tomorrow to bring that about.

COYI ⚒
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Towie

Post by Towie »

HamstasParadise wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:17 pm Honestly couldn't care less about Thursday's game tbh. Let's face it we're not going to win the competition so what's the point ? The managerial situation has to be sorted out one way or the other, the uncertainty is doing nobody any good, and if Moyes is going to go then the best solution is surely to get rid now. At the moment everyone seems to be simply going through the motions.
I know where you are coming from, however I do care about it. I’m not daft enough to believe we will win it, but I do want to get through this round, and when we lose, may it be to one of better teams left, so at least we have another big night under the lights.

But I know there is a fair degree of indifference judging by the huge number of tickets left (when I last looked yesterday). Presumably a fair number of people think that losing to modest opposition now, and league form tapering off will see the end of DM. But I can’t wish for defeat tomorrow to bring that about.

COYI ⚒
Agree mate, but I think it won’t be full house due to KO time.

I myself have had to use holiday entitlement to attend and I was lucky I had a day left to use.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

HamstasParadise wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:00 pm

COYI ⚒
I’m certainly not wishing for a defeat to accelerate Moyes’ departure. I just think theuncertainty surrounding the whole business is part of the reason for the indifferent form we have been showing this year so far.

But sadly my head, as always, rules the heart and I’m afraid I can only see more dreams fading and dying. Hope I’m wrong.