West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope to bring our good performance against SC Freiburg to this match. Hope to see Emerson back and more importantly, to keep Phillips on the bench and NOT to be used AT ALL. Aston Villa has thrived since Emery took over with lots of young players around so it will be a very tough game and hope to get at least a draw. Villa's McGinn will be suspended for this match but they have a good replacement as their squad in depth is much better than us as we need to improve that. All I hope our defence to be stronger and communicate between each other as last week was really disgusting. Aguerd will find it hard to get back into the team after his horrific performance last week and Mavropanos need to do better. On the front side, Antonio is better suited in attack or INGS as he did well last week with Bowen reverting to the right side spot with Paqueta in middle and Kudus on left side as JWP is NOT suited for that NO.10 role.

Squad:

Areola

Coufal
Mavropanos
Zouma
Emerson/Cresswell

Soucek
Alvarez

Bowen
Paqueta
Kudus

Antonio/INGS.

Hope we will do better and please NO SLOW START!! Villa is quick and we need to MORE THAN match them.

Result Probable:

West Ham win: 20%
Aston Villa win: 40%
Draw: 40%

COYI!!!!!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Soucek
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Not sure how Zouma & Stavros will cope with Ollie Watkins tbh. I really rate that bloke but apparently he got a knock last night so hopefully Unai Emery will have the medics in his ear telling him to give the guy a rest for a day or three. ;)

I'd like to think after last night the team pretty much picks itself. No reason to rest anyone with a free week coming up.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:54 am Not sure how Zouma & Stavros will cope with Ollie Watkins tbh. I really rate that bloke but apparently he got a knock last night so hopefully Unai Emery will have the medics in his ear telling him to give the guy a rest for a day or three. ;)

I'd like to think after last night the team pretty much picks itself. No reason to rest anyone with a free week coming up.
think Mcginn is out also, which would be a bonus. Never actually rated him, but this season he's been brilliant.
tough game incoming i reckon.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

This game could well be a prequel for our next European game

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am This game could well be a prequel for our next European game
How so ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:41 am This game could well be a prequel for our next European game
How so ?
Only joking Whisky

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I'm going for it Ibby
1-1

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am

How so ?
Only joking Whisky
You have some big balls my friend....

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:30 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:54 am Not sure how Zouma & Stavros will cope with Ollie Watkins tbh. I really rate that bloke but apparently he got a knock last night so hopefully Unai Emery will have the medics in his ear telling him to give the guy a rest for a day or three. ;)

think Mcginn is out also, which would be a bonus. Never actually rated him, but this season he's been brilliant.
tough game incoming i reckon.
If they are both out then we could snatch a win, depends if Pacman has got over his tantrum.

garnett

Post by garnett »

What a difference of a damn good thrashing of a not very good football club does for morale, the world`s our oyster.....apparently.
Me ? I`m a bit more realistic, I don`t fancy our chances of a win today, moyes reverts to type but villa have more about them.
I don`t get the euphoria that antonio is fit, the fact that we put 5 against our last opponents showed just how poor they were at defending.

Draw at best for me, both teams to score..

Ironically, Freiberg play Leverkusen today comparisons can be made.