Tah but no thanks

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Tah but no thanks

Post by deanox »

Trawling through some of the click bate sites, I see we want to sign Johnathen Tah from Bayer Leverkusen this summer......
Why the fuck would he want to join us (unless we offer ridiculous personal terms) He is pretty much guaranteed Champions league football and is a German national team player.
Unless he was a diehard hammer as a kid (aka Paulo Futre) and wore an Alvin martin jersey we have as much chance as signing Mbape (who doesn't want the premiership, because he might have to work that much harder than if he plays Spain or France, for probably less money).
I seriously think with these new spending rules coming in the premiership, England (with our shit weather) will not be the first on the best players list.

TBH I hope we go for him as he looks like a decent player at the right age. But I have a feeling he will say Tah, but no thanks.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

JayK

Re: Tah but no thanks

Post by JayK »

deanox wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 am Trawling through some of the click bate sites, I see we want to sign Johnathen Tah from Bayer Leverkusen this summer......
Why the fuck would he want to join us (unless we offer ridiculous personal terms) He is pretty much guaranteed Champions league football and is a German national team player.
Unless he was a diehard hammer as a kid (aka Paulo Futre) and wore an Alvin martin jersey we have as much chance as signing Mbape (who doesn't want the premiership, because he might have to work that much harder than if he plays Spain or France, for probably less money).
I seriously think with these new spending rules coming in the premiership, England (with our shit weather) will not be the first on the best players list.

TBH I hope we go for him as he looks like a decent player at the right age. But I have a feeling he will say Tah, but no thanks.
Linked to him the last couple of summers weren’t we? Loads of journos and click bait sites just churn up old links to make a story. Eventually one of them will be right.
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I suppose we'll get to have a look at him firsthand, soon.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am I suppose we'll get to have a look at him firsthand, soon.
Hopefully he’s shit and the transfer rumours are bollocks 😃
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am I suppose we'll get to have a look at him firsthand, soon.
I’m sure that one of those things are true.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

I’m sure that one of those things are true.
He’s a mere squad player at Leverkusen. Never plays when I tune in but usually plays in European games when they rotate heavily .
They were lucky to scrape thru the last round so I can’t see them doing it again .
We’ve been linked the last 5/6 windows so hopefully just the usual lazy journalism
Bring back Jonathon !