Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Bayern Leverkusen vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:54 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:07 pm

I am afraid under Moyes i fear we are on a hiding to nothing. All i see is defend and hope to nick a goal, concede and defend harder. Dare i say it, but even if we won 1-0 i still think we will be fucked at home. That is how much faith i have in our fearless leader.
Our defenders and defensive midfielders will be absolutely knackered by the time we face Fulham on Sunday and could be facing 2 BIGGEST defeat unless if Moyes do 5 subs early in 2nd half against Bayer Leverkusen to rest the overloaded tired defending including putting this idiot Phillips in it. Only Alvarez will be fit as he won't participate this game until the Fulham game. Would be nice if Moyes put Ogbonna and Aguerd for this match and rest Zouma and Mavropanos for the Fulham game as Moyes priority is to finish top 8 in Premier League as we don't have a bleeding chance in Europa Cup as there are too many big teams, like AC Milan, Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen. Need a bigger squad this summer but due to FFP, we have to sell Paqueta for no less than £100M plus more transfer money from last windows plus coming this windows so looking at almost £200M to spend and hope to spend an average of £25M per players will do as we need to have bigger squad to cope both domestic and Europe and with Tim Stiedtner in charge of recruitment this summer, hopefully next year summer 2025 we will have a better squad with a better Head Coach in charge. if Moyes stayed, we are f&cked and Time Steidtner will look elsewhere.
Well Moyes is beginning to throw his wait around with his demands. I think now maybe he is seeing how ill equipped the squad is. I will bet he is keeping his fingers crossed for the europa matches and now realizing his chances of another term in europe lay with the league. And if we are all honest, we all believe the same. No matter, he will see the QF as an achievement. which , imo, considering our run in, isnt really, but for him it will be something he would gladly beat us around the head with.

Well time will tell, but i have resigned myself to the inevitable.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:03 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:54 pm

Our defenders and defensive midfielders will be absolutely knackered by the time we face Fulham on Sunday and could be facing 2 BIGGEST defeat unless if Moyes do 5 subs early in 2nd half against Bayer Leverkusen to rest the overloaded tired defending including putting this idiot Phillips in it. Only Alvarez will be fit as he won't participate this game until the Fulham game. Would be nice if Moyes put Ogbonna and Aguerd for this match and rest Zouma and Mavropanos for the Fulham game as Moyes priority is to finish top 8 in Premier League as we don't have a bleeding chance in Europa Cup as there are too many big teams, like AC Milan, Liverpool and Bayer Leverkusen. Need a bigger squad this summer but due to FFP, we have to sell Paqueta for no less than £100M plus more transfer money from last windows plus coming this windows so looking at almost £200M to spend and hope to spend an average of £25M per players will do as we need to have bigger squad to cope both domestic and Europe and with Tim Stiedtner in charge of recruitment this summer, hopefully next year summer 2025 we will have a better squad with a better Head Coach in charge. if Moyes stayed, we are f&cked and Time Steidtner will look elsewhere.
Well Moyes is beginning to throw his wait around with his demands. I think now maybe he is seeing how ill equipped the squad is. I will bet he is keeping his fingers crossed for the europa matches and now realizing his chances of another term in europe lay with the league. And if we are all honest, we all believe the same. No matter, he will see the QF as an achievement. which , imo, considering our run in, isnt really, but for him it will be something he would gladly beat us around the head with.

Well time will tell, but i have resigned myself to the inevitable.
At the end of the season Moyes are 60/40 favourite to continue as West Ham boss IF West Ham are in Europe again next season.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

We certainly start second favourites in this one, but are they going to be that superior that we should expect a drubbing?

I know we can take a heavy beating from anyone, but I also think there is a fair chance we can do them over two legs. They have to lose sometime, it may as well be to us, with Moyes bamboozling them with a tactical masterclass.

That said, I’m expecting an acceptably narrow defeat this week setting us up with at least the possibility of overhauling them at home.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

HamstasParadise wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:55 pm We certainly start second favourites in this one, but are they going to be that superior that we should expect a drubbing?

I know we can take a heavy beating from anyone, but I also think there is a fair chance we can do them over two legs. They have to lose sometime, it may as well be to us, with Moyes bamboozling them with a tactical masterclass.

That said, I’m expecting an acceptably narrow defeat this week setting us up with at least the possibility of overhauling them at home.
Well we played them the last game in pre season and got butt kicked. Not the same situation i know but all things considered it is a pretty good indicator. The only light i see is that Freiburg found the net a few times playing them, the down side is ......Moyes.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I'm really looking forward to this.

Win, lose, or draw - this is what it's all about.

whufc_crest COYI whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ll miss this as I’ll be at work :evil:

We tend to do ok when I can’t watch so I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed Thursday evening and hope the 10.30 highlights show is a pleasant surprise.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

In three away games this season, how we've won is beyond me. Burnley, Everton and Wolves.

In three other wins we've conceded enough possession to put shares in Mountain Warehouse camping through the roof. Only one of our away wins in the league has been 'routine' and that was when Luton were still awe--struck.

Our best away win was at Freiburg. And Moyesball does seem to be successful in Europe. But I suspect we'll need all the luck going, and then some, especially without Alvarez, to come away without our arses soundly spanked.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:52 am In three away games this season, how we've won is beyond me. Burnley, Everton and Wolves.

In three other wins we've conceded enough possession to put shares in Mountain Warehouse camping through the roof. Only one of our away wins in the league has been 'routine' and that was when Luton were still awe--struck.

Our best away win was at Freiburg. And Moyesball does seem to be successful in Europe. But I suspect we'll need all the luck going, and then some, especially without Alvarez, to come away without our arses soundly spanked.
Luck and some is what Moyes wins with , I don't think we will get soundly spanked , but probably will come away with our pants round our ankles wondering how we weren't beaten soundly with the ammount of shots they will have , but isn't that what we do .

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Have to be honest, I am extremely anxious about this game. I fear that we could be on the wrong end of a battering, but truly hope I am wrong.

It is difficult to know what West Ham will turn up after all.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Oi Ibby, your normally impeccable high standards have slipped mate.

Who the fuck are this BAYERN side you're talking about.

Bayern=German Word for Bavaria
Bayer=fucking giant chemical company who used to (maybe still do) own the bulk of the Leverkusen club.

Don't let it happen again ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?