West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: West Ham vs Bayer Leverkusen Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We have an uphill battle no mistake
But I can’t call this one ,will the Scotch bottle job revert to type or will he finally release the brakes and go gung Ho and actually try to win a football match.
20.00 hrs beckons.

Up the Hammers

whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

Without Paqueta and Emerson it’ll be tougher. If Bowen is fit it’ll give us some hope but it’s the hope that kills ya. Still think we’ll go out the competition but could be anything from a 5-0 battering by Leverkusen or 2-1 win to us. Surely Moyes HAD to go for it though?
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 am Without Paqueta and Emerson it’ll be tougher. If Bowen is fit it’ll give us some hope but it’s the hope that kills ya. Still think we’ll go out the competition but could be anything from a 5-0 battering by Leverkusen or 2-1 win to us. Surely Moyes HAD to go for it though?
He’ll go for it for sure. In Dave we trust. :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 am Two goals is far from an impossible task to get back, against a side like Bayer Leverkusen, probably slightly harder. They come into the game with a two nil advantage and will tactically have the upper hand over us.I dont think they will come to defend their lead with negative defensive tactics, I fear they will play to frustrate us and hit us on the counter. Luckily for us they do not know our shooting prowess due to the fact they limited us to just the one shot last week and that could well lull them into a false sense of security.
Whatever happens I´m actually looking forward to the game...... so onward and upwards for the mighty Hammers
Admirably optimistic Andy. But sadly the truth lies elsewhere i fear. Newmarket has posted elsewhere on the forum that the redoubtable Herr Steidten is currently in America (the USA bit, not the one you're in) trying to negotiate a deal for a new manager and some Tart., At least I think that's what he said. But although my spies can confirm Steidten is, indeed, in the USA his mission is to track down Tom Cruise to see if he will be prepared to lead a Mission Impossible crew at the LS this evening.

I fear, old chap, we are doomed. As for yourself might I make a respectful suggestion to lay off the caipirinha until you have cleansed your mind of these optimistic delusions lurking in the recesses of your psyche. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 am
JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 am Without Paqueta and Emerson it’ll be tougher. If Bowen is fit it’ll give us some hope but it’s the hope that kills ya. Still think we’ll go out the competition but could be anything from a 5-0 battering by Leverkusen or 2-1 win to us. Surely Moyes HAD to go for it though?
Hope you’re right Oz. Attack from the start, maybe an early goal and that’ll get the stadium rocking. I fear even if we went 2-0 up, the game plan from then and the substitutions will see us concede in the last 10.

Edit: Worst case scenario is they get an early one, heads will drop, stadium will silence and they’ll beat us easily
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 am

Hope you’re right Oz. Attack from the start, maybe an early goal and that’ll get the stadium rocking. I fear even if we went 2-0 up, the game plan from then and the substitutions will see us concede in the last 10.

Edit: Worst case scenario is they get an early one, heads will drop, stadium will silence and they’ll beat us easily
These are the scenarios that we dream of - down and out, back to the wall, and then we overcome adversity.

I’m still looking forward to it - I just hope the players believe in themselves enough to give us a chance.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 am
JayK wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:52 am

These are the scenarios that we dream of - down and out, back to the wall, and then we overcome adversity.

I’m still looking forward to it - I just hope the players believe in themselves enough to give us a chance.
I’m at both extremes of emotion about this one. The hope is always there though. But you’re right though, the players need to believe
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

I had a ticket but offloaded it. As it happens I wouldn't have gone anyway as I'm in bed with an horrendous illness.

Man flu.

Bints don't have a fucking clue.

Childbirth painful ?

Piece of piss.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Unfortunately I’m not working tonight so I’ll get to watch this .
0-5
Bring back Jonathon !

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

We will win this 4 - 1