Who writes this SHITE ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Who writes this SHITE ?

Post by Clayton »

https://www.westhamzone.com/news/west-h ... vid-moyes/

" It’s sad to see it end this way because he’s done superbly at the London Stadium, easily becoming the greatest manager to grace East London in generations".
" If there’s anyone from the last few decades who deserves a statue at the London Stadium, it’s Moyes, which is why it’s so sad to see what looks like a team that’s completely given up ruining his Stratford swansong " .

Whiskyman

Re: Who writes this SHITE ?

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:48 am https://www.westhamzone.com/news/west-h ... vid-moyes/

" It’s sad to see it end this way because he’s done superbly at the London Stadium, easily becoming the greatest manager to grace East London in generations".
" If there’s anyone from the last few decades who deserves a statue at the London Stadium, it’s Moyes, which is why it’s so sad to see what looks like a team that’s completely given up ruining his Stratford swansong " .
The clue is at the top of the article. Danny Wright is the bloke's name. Not up there with Bernstein and Woodward but, hey, who cares ?

Statues ??? Ridiculous idea but "the greatest West Ham manager in generation" ? It's a low bar if we take a generation as being , say 30 years isn't it?
Redknapp, Roeder, Pardew, Curbishley, Zola, Grant, Allardyce, Bilic, Pellegrini-----------and Moyes. A sad state of affairs but he does have a point, bujt FFS say "best" not "greatest" to give the piece some credibility, when we run through that pile of mediocrity. And I say that as someone who was very upbeat when we announced Pellegrini was incoming. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

We win a third rate trophy and someone suggests a statue in his honour.?! For football no! I would opt for someone else. No better trophy wise, similar in the fact only had one plan but more entertaining, if not as frustrating, than Moyes.

Do it on personality and he would hardly make the list.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

I would argue that the no trophy for 43 years wasn't entirely true. We won the Intertoto cup in 1999 to qualify for the Europa, just like last year. The difference was there were less games.

To win in Metz after losing the home leg was a better win than beating Fiorentina imo.

deanox

Post by deanox »

palerider wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 am I would argue that the no trophy for 43 years wasn't entirely true. We won the Intertoto cup in 1999 to qualify for the Europa, just like last year. The difference was there were less games.

To win in Metz after losing the home leg was a better win than beating Fiorentina imo.
I was there in Metz, it was a great night. :D :D :D
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Thirded 👍🏼

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

deanox wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm
palerider wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 am I would argue that the no trophy for 43 years wasn't entirely true. We won the Intertoto cup in 1999 to qualify for the Europa, just like last year. The difference was there were less games.

Not such a great night for the segregation fence though.

deanox

Post by deanox »

normannomates wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:46 am
deanox wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:24 pm

Yeah, that was shit and the fact they set off fire extinguishers and were complete assholes to our lot in the ground, but the pre and after game piss up was great.
I think the press on the next day slagged us off (as they usually did) for starting trouble, when in fact it was the frogs who started all that shit.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm
normannomates wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:46 am

Yeah, that was shit and the fact they set off fire extinguishers and were complete assholes to our lot in the ground, but the pre and after game piss up was great.
I think the press on the next day slagged us off (as they usually did) for starting trouble, when in fact it was the frogs who started all that shit.
I wasn't in the main body of West Ham fans for the game because as usual I didn't get my tickets through the club, but I seem to remember one of the stewards being a bit of a porker and the crowd serenading him with a chorus of "who ate all the snails". Or is old age playing tricks again?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

deanox

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:19 pm
deanox wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:15 pm
I wasn't in the main body of West Ham fans for the game because as usual I didn't get my tickets through the club, but I seem to remember one of the stewards being a bit of a porker and the crowd serenading him with a chorus of "who ate all the snails". Or is old age playing tricks again?
:lol: :lol: :lol: great song, but I'll be honest I can't remember that being sung, but I had to rack my brain on how I got there (getting old sucks)

btw I travelled by train ;)