Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Lopegetui agreed to become our next manager.

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am Whether Lopegetui is the next head coach or not , I think the win rates over the last two seasons of 36% and 29% tell us why we had to get rid of Moyes who was well past his sell by date . In the ideal world he should have walked on a high after winning West Ham Uniteds 1st cup in 4 decades of football :roll: .
Surprised our win rate is that high tbh. The wheels, at leasrt in the league, well and truly came off round about christmas 2022 and it's been pretty much downhill since then. Prague covered up an absolute total collapse in form which almost resulted in relegation last season.

I assume those percentage stats include the conference gfames.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 am
Clayton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am Whether Lopegetui is the next head coach or not , I think the win rates over the last two seasons of 36% and 29% tell us why we had to get rid of Moyes who was well past his sell by date . In the ideal world he should have walked on a high after winning West Ham Uniteds 1st cup in 4 decades of football :roll: .
Surprised our win rate is that high tbh. The wheels, at leasrt in the league, well and truly came off round about christmas 2022 and it's been pretty much downhill since then. Prague covered up an absolute total collapse in form which almost resulted in relegation last season.

Really doesn't include conference games just league , but as you say the wheels came of in late December winning 7 matches up till then , and only winning 4 matches in the new year , and as the 26% shows downhill since then this season .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:47 am

Really doesn't include conference games just league , but as you say the wheels came of in late December winning 17 matches up till then , and only winning 4 matches in the new year , and as the 26% shows downhill since then this season .
Despite our good start to the season you can look at the games you scratch your head and think how the fuck did we get anything there ?

Excluding the win at Brighton, which imo was the only time this season Moyesball worked away from home in it's truest sense, there was Arsenal, Spurs, Burnley, Everton, Wolves. That's 15 points. If the coin had flipped the other way we'd have lost.

A bit different at home but the Chelsea win was the same. Missed penalty, squandering chances. Brighton and Bournemouth, both draws. But both should have been defeats.

Tbh I can't think of a single game we were unlucky not to win. Blunts away at a push but only because of what happened in added time. They still had the better of the 90 minutes. Don't get me fucking going about losing at Newcastle when Moyes threw 3 points away with his substitutions.

Fucking relegation form. We could easily have been going to City last up needing something.

Napoleon once said he didn't want good generals but lucky ones. Well, there's something of Boney in Sullivan. I hope the luck holds with Lopetegui.

If not, exile on St Helena for the little cunt would be very much in order.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:35 pm Is Lopetegui similar to Moyes? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/arti ... g827d47wdo
Like everyone else I know sweet FA about Lopetegui's playing style, his tactical nous, his attitude towards young players or his fucking inside leg measurement. But from the little I do kinow and have read the one big improvement I expect to see is in our game management. I get mightily pissed off seeing a ball just lumped upfield to nobody (because everyone is behind the ball) and come back for a rinse and repeat until the inefitavble goal is conceded.

From what I've been told he favours a posession style and believes in the tried and tested mantra that if you've got the balkl the other lot can't score. If that does in fact prove to be what he brings then he'll do me. Whether it will please the small number who say they find Man City boring of copurse is another matter entirely. He won't appeal to people who like to see their players passing sideways to keep posession rather than try a fancy trick and lose the fucking ball more often than not.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:35 pm Is Lopetegui similar to Moyes? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/arti ... g827d47wdo
Like everyone else I know sweet FA about Lopetegui's playing style, his tactical nous, his attitude towards young players or his fucking inside leg measurement. But from the little I do kinow and have read the one big improvement I expect to see is in our game management. I get mightily pissed off seeing a ball just lumped upfield to nobody (because everyone is behind the ball) and come back for a rinse and repeat until the inefitavble goal is conceded.

From what I've been told he favours a posession style and believes in the tried and tested mantra that if you've got the balkl the other lot can't score. If that does in fact prove to be what he brings then he'll do me. Whether it will please the small number who say they find Man City boring of copurse is another matter entirely. He won't appeal to people who like to see their players passing sideways to keep posession rather than try a fancy trick and lose the fucking ball more often than not.
Yep, for a lot of us all we can go by currently is what we read and watch what others say. What I do know is that he needs backing straight away to replace the old knackered players while at the same time deal with the probable departures of some more gifted players, so almost a completely new overhaul for him. If he’s signing early doors as it looks like, at least he’ll have a full pre season to work with Steidten, noble and the squad.
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:48 pm

Yep, for a lot of us all we can go by currently is what we read and watch what others say. What I do know is that he needs backing straight away to replace the old knackered players while at the same time deal with the probable departures of some more gifted players, so almost a completely new overhaul for him. If he’s signing early doors as it looks like, at least he’ll have a full pre season to work with Steidten, noble and the squad.
I will say that before all these other managers were mentioned i wouldn't have an issue with Loppy coming in. It is only since hearing of them and hearing of Loppys style that has clouded the waters. So as i see him as a better version and a better option than Moyes i will stick to my original thoughts and give him a chance.

What does get me thinking is the reason he departed Wolves, and it wont be any easier here, unless Stumpy digs deep. But that i guess is down to the expectations of both parties.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

My first choice was still Colin Wanker. kickimmuts

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:04 pm

I will say that before all these other managers were mentioned i wouldn't have an issue with Loppy coming in. It is only since hearing of them and hearing of Loppys style that has clouded the waters. So as i see him as a better version and a better option than Moyes i will stick to my original thoughts and give him a chance.

What does get me thinking is the reason he departed Wolves, and it wont be any easier here, unless Stumpy digs deep. But that i guess is down to the expectations of both parties.
I hear and read in a lot of places that he’s a Moyes type regards defensive play and not many chances given to youth. The difference between him and Moyes is that he likes his teams to at least play football with the ball rather than without. So that for me is a a very small upgrade on Moyes. Personally I woulda liked to have seen the chairman back his employees (Steidten and Noble) more in touch with the game with regards the new manager but that’s Sullivan for ya. And you’re right regards the resources needed. An overhaul is needed but we’re relying on Sullivan not just stumping up the cash but also negotiating well which is a big ask. I’m expecting a rough season if he’s not backed and a mediocre one if he is coz the rebuild will take more than 1 season.
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

dagenhamdave wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:41 pm My first choice was still Colin Wanker. kickimmuts
He aint coming so i have heard
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest