Complicit To The Shambles At West Ham

Chat about anything football related here!
Banned4

Complicit To The Shambles At West Ham

Post by Banned4 »

Are the people and businesses who stay quiet about West ham for their own gain complicit in the shambles at the club.

We all know people, like ex players and business owners, who do not like what they see at the club but keep quiet for personal gain. Is this morally correct?

Forums, many, many examples but I will provide KUMB as an example (less so at the moment) stay quiet and provide club puff pieces on their sites so people within the organisation can get something from the club.
Vloggers who post videos where they have pre determined that the video should be positive so as not too upset the club.
Businesses who gain both egotistically and monetary from the club being shown in the 'correct' light.
Are these people partly responsible for the shambles at the club?

If people spoke out more quickly and were not as easily brought by the club, the owners would not have had the free reign to take the liberties and lie like they have been for the last few years.

Is it human nature that peoples egos and pockets overtake their principles? or are we just unlucky?

Mikeveep

Re: Complicit To The Shambles At West Ham

Post by Mikeveep »

I think what you are describing is politeness, which is sometimes political.

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

You only have to look around at every business or organisation or political party and see that any opinion or viewpoint can be manipulated or bought. Such is life I'm afraid. But a simple answer to your question- probably

whu

Post by whu »

that's the way it works mate.

i can clearly remember the likes of roy keane and gary neville at stages early in their media career, saying how ridiculous players wages were.

did either of these heavily principled fuckers say a word when getting paid as a player? naaaaah ... it's the way it is. it's all a big game and it is human nature to preserve yours and your own families interest when doing well.

then you've got next level wankers like allardyce, multi-millionaire, still wants to cheat and lie. proper filth.
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

JayK

Post by JayK »

whu wrote:that's the way it works mate.

i can clearly remember the likes of roy keane and gary neville at stages early in their media career, saying how ridiculous players wages were.

did either of these heavily principled fuckers say a word when getting paid as a player? naaaaah ... it's the way it is. it's all a big game and it is human nature to preserve yours and your own families interest when doing well.

then you've got next level wankers like allardyce, multi-millionaire, still wants to cheat and lie. proper filth.
I can't stand Roy Keane. He's a complete arrogant and egotistical prick, but.....
If you were in his shoes saying wages are ridiculous in football but offered a lucrative new contract, would you turn it down? It's the same in any job. I wouldn't turn down a big, fat, over inflated new contract in my job either.
COYI!!!

whu

Post by whu »

JayK wrote:

I can't stand Roy Keane. He's a complete arrogant and egotistical prick, but.....
If you were in his shoes saying wages are ridiculous in football but offered a lucrative new contract, would you turn it down? It's the same in any job. I wouldn't turn down a big, fat, over inflated new contract in my job either.
absolutely mate, pretty much my point

everyone milks it when they are in the mix
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote:

You can't beat the laws of economics mate. If people are prepared to pay silly money who can blame other people for taking it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

whu wrote:
JayK wrote:
absolutely mate, pretty much my point

everyone milks it when they are in the mix
Exactly. More the fool who pays it
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote:
JayK wrote:

You can't beat the laws of economics mate. If people are prepared to pay silly money who can blame other people for taking it.
Yep. Just like an auction. Sell the product/service to the highest bidder
COYI!!!