Payet's future? realistically.

Chat about anything football related here!
AngerNcarnate

Payet's future? realistically.

Post by AngerNcarnate »

What are everyone's thoughts and odds on that he will be a hammer next season and the immediate future seasons after that?
I'm gonna say I believe he's a hammer next season at 75% but dependent on the quality of that season that number will grow or shrink drastically. If he has another season like last for instance I put him at around 35% for 2018.

wokinghama

Re: Payet's future? realistically.

Post by wokinghama »

I'd say the odds are fifty fifty.

But there's only a ten per cent chance of that
Chim Chimeney

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I would be surprised if anyone bids big bar China. Look at this forum, some are iffy about Bacca as he is 29, same age as Payet. It is a reasonable argument but what it means is, other clubs would have that question lingering over Dimitri's head....'he is 30 next season' and likely be put off with the price tag for a player that age.

Luckily, his game is not based on pace at all (but is nippier than he looks) so the expected loss of pace, gradually, won't be too much of an immediate issue.

SO I will say 90% sure he will be here.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I don't see Dimitri as someone who'll throw a strop if he's refused a move. We took a chance on a 29 year-old and it paid off in spades.

So put a price on him. 50 million. Not a penny less. If anyone comes up with that, not instalments, not dependent on appearances, not with an unwanted Mexican as a makeweight in the deal, then reluctantly say thanks for the memories.

And put a time limit on it. We have to have time to replace him.

I'm pretty sure he'll be with us next season.

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

CambridgeIron71

Post by CambridgeIron71 »

Saw his interview after the first FA Cup game against Man U and it all seemed about him and what a great stadium it was.

Maybe reading too much into it, as he's a wonderful player to watch on his day and hopefully he feels like the main man.

A lot will depend on his form in the Euro's.

And for that reason, France out. shakeass
Pretty bubbles in the air.

Post by 1234 »

Ominous that interview.
No definite commitment and, to me, it reads that he will wait and see who shows interest.
He should have said "I will be at West Ham next season" but failed to do so.

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

I'm confident I'll be here next season playing for West Ham, seems to suggest he will be here to me, but I must be missing something in that statement.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

I honestly don't think it would be that much of a hit if he left, if we get Tore and a decent right back, we could push Antonio up to RW, have Tore LW (if he can play there) and we have Lanzini who could replace Payet in the CAM and he has some serious potential.

Saying that, I wouldn't want to see him go and wouldn't accept anything less than £30m, straight up cash but unless he has an absolute stunning Euro's, I can't see people paying huge money for someone his age. If we do sell, I bloody well hope we don't sell to another premier league club.

Post by 1234 »

Sofa wrote:I'm confident I'll be here next season playing for West Ham, seems to suggest he will be here to me, but I must be missing something in that statement.
You have missed something sof.

The full interview:

"So far every single club has been rumoured to want me!", Payet said.

Sounds like a giddy teenage girl being persued by the school hunk...and flattering her eyelashes.

"Currently, I have no contact from other clubs and I'm confident I'll be here next season playing for West Ham."
Not exactly cast iron that, is it? I am confident is a bit different from I will.