Match Day Review

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Match Day Review

Post by eskimo joe »

My opinion for what it's worth.

I think we all know that Zaza isn't suited as a lone striker, well all bar Bilic it seems, it appears maybe he is intent on sitting on the same laurels as he did with Antonio, " He will come good in the end. " .

What you have to ask yourself is why no striker has scored a goal for the last so many games, 13 is it? Had we Carroll there then the story might differ, the fact it hasn't surely tells you something. Either the existing striker is crap or he is being used wrong. I don't think the former is true.

That then leads to midfield. If the latter is the case they then have no affective forward to serve but seem to act on instructions that don't work for Zaza. This leads to the midfield being indecisive.

Red is right when he says Zaza is being given a rough deal. He doesn't thrive up front on his own, he is a ground man not aerial. He needs a partner to either feed off or feed.

With Zaza being used as he is its like we might as well be option less up front. Let the others score the goals.

Bilic might learn, but he leaves it rather late.
Give Zaza a chance, give him a partner.

As for the game itself. Well what is there to say that hasn't been said already other than we didn't do any better the last time we met. And Moyes was a name we were linked with as Lardys replacement. Did anyone wish for him?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

Great summary chaps as ever. I thought Slaven was brave in his team selection with Fernandes coming in. As a right footer he was never a straight Cresswell replacement but he did the job and helped us to that strong first 30 minute spell that we bossed. Some slightly under par performances, particularly Antonio. But, with each week, the injured players are getting back to fitness and let's remember that Slaven still hasn't been able to select his ideal team yet this season. whufc_crest

garnett

Post by garnett »

What a miserable git you are Tom, you need a serious reality check, we clearly are not as good as you seem to think we should be, nor are we going to be.
We played some decent enterprising stuff for half hour before Sunderland decided to close the game down, playing against a team whose sole aim is trying not to be beaten is far from easy, and it's obvious that because we couldn't break then down the stress factor goes through the roof, I'm talking about the players not Tom.
We did finally get the breakthrough and we should be rejoicing not being overly critical or conjuring up idiotic conspiracy theories.
Those of you who thought it was going to be a walkover had better think again, there aren't any walkovers ask an Evertonian.

Up the Hammers.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Oziron wrote:I saw your lapel mic pinned to the foamy............ :roll: :roll: :roll:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The radio mic stopped working mate, it was eating up new batteries in about 2 mins so something is very wrong. Fortunately I have a bit of time to sort it out,

I has a sound nightmare yesterday

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Wasn't very loud was it ? Figured you was having probs.
Anyway , my sixpence worth :)

Good performance by Geo . As usual asked the right questions as a good presenter does .

Tom ffs was you watching a different game ? :lol:
That was far from the worse game we've seen this year .
In fact quite pretty football at times throughout .
What made it worse was the frustration of watching us try to break down a Sunderland team intent on fuck all.

I noticed Noble give the ball to Payet , who again was far from poor , at every opportunity , Payet looking for an outlet that didn't exist , and nobody , either our so called striker OR our midfield were making themselves available to receive the ball and we're not getting into the box either until the last ten minutes.

Fernandes should play more now in my opinion . Was like a breath of fresh air as was Obiang who , for me , was all over the shop .

Ok we got a bit of luck at the death but better teams will allow us to play a bit more resulting in a bit more end product .
Paticuarly if we play 2 up top and Zaza isn't one of them.

Gonzo was just pissed.

8-) :lol: ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Two ways of looking at this one.Sunderland came for a point, which can go one way or the other,you either score early and win comfortably,or like we saw with the Arse v Boro you end up 0-0 or worse.
The good points where Fernandes and Feghouli both looked good especially Fernandes.The bad points where Antonio's no show, now I know he likes playing higher up, but at times he looked like a kid who didn't get his own way.The other downside was the set up.I saw the formation a bit puzzling, sometimes a 5-2-3, come 3-4-3,come 3-5-2.I think we ran out of ideas long before Fletcher got on.
The big plus of course was a valuable 3 points I eye.COYI

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I don't think we played badly or looked disinterested tbh. We were at times bereft of ideas but we were playing Sunderland who have a certain clone of the dinosaured one in David moyes. The mans main aim is not to lose, to stifle, strangle, anything but lose, you'll never see a team that moyes picks go hell for leather and try to win a match from the off and that is what we found so difficult to break down.
They've narrowly lost at spuds, Man City and got a draw at Southampton, doesn't that tell you something?
If dimi's shot goes in instead of hitting the post, they have to come out and play and we win that game comfortably, it didn't and we struggled to break them down, simple as that.
No lack of endeavour from our team and we deserved to win. Obiang motm by a mile, Fernandez did well at the back and as for Zaza ffs Slav give the bloke a partner, someone to work with or off! Lanzini should have come off after about 60 minutes yesterday and either forward should have joined Zaza up front.
Sometimes you have to win ugly, and we did just that. Onward and upward.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:Wasn't very loud was it ? Figured you was having probs.

Good performance by Geo . As usual asked the right questions as a good presenter does .

Tom ffs was you watching a different game ? :i am genuinely amused:
What made it worse was the frustration of watching us try to break down a Sunderland team intent on fuck all.

I noticed Noble give the ball to Payet , who again was far from poor , at every opportunity , Payet looking for an outlet that didn't exist , and nobody , either our so called striker OR our midfield were making themselves available to receive the ball and we're not getting into the box either until the last ten minutes.

Fernandes should play more now in my opinion . Was like a breath of fresh air as was Obiang who , for me , was all over the shop .

Ok we got a bit of luck at the death but better teams will allow us to play a bit more resulting in a bit more end product .

Gonzo was just pissed.

8-) :i am genuinely amused: ;)

Actually for once I wasn't mate, don't confuse making no sense with being pissed :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Wasn't very loud was it ? Figured you was having probs.

Tom ffs was you watching a different game ? :i am genuinely amused:

Gonzo was just pissed.

8-) :i am genuinely amused: ;)

Actually for once I wasn't mate, don't confuse making no sense with being pissed :D
Can I make a suggestion ? :twisted:

I think your vlogging is fabulous , it gives me and people like me , who have yet to experience the delights of our wonderful new home , a real feel for what it's like , atmosphere etc .
Wonderful stuff .

However :D

All that fucking about with the camera etc during the game results in a not-quite-so-good view of the actual game .
Certainly nowhere near as comprehensive as someone who's sitting on their bony arse at home watching it .

As truly entertaining as your post match reviews are , I much prefer it when you are sitting indoors on your webcams .
Friendly destructive criticism over carry on the good work 8-)
Bring back Jonathon !

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Newmarket wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Can I make a suggestion ? :twisted:

I think your vlogging is fabulous , it gives me and people like me , who have yet to experience the delights of our wonderful new home , a real feel for what it's like , atmosphere etc .
Wonderful stuff .

However :D

All that fucking about with the camera etc during the game results in a not-quite-so-good view of the actual game .
Certainly nowhere near as comprehensive as someone who's sitting on their bony arse at home watching it .

As truly entertaining as your post match reviews are , I much prefer it when you are sitting indoors on your webcams .
Friendly destructive criticism over carry on the good work 8-)
Mate, I'm not allowed to point my camera at the game at any point for any longer than 10 seconds. If I keep the camera recording at a fixed point for too long I'll get my season ticket rescinded.

I record more at away games because Crystal Palace for example can't ban me.