Why so negative??

Chat about anything football related here!
Danlar82

Why so negative??

Post by Danlar82 »

This amazes me every week!! After the game I'm quick to scroll through all the tweets, posts and updates from other fans, but this week really pissed me offf. After that awful run of 5 defeats, the continued large injury list (not to mention Cress's red card) and a high percentage wanting Bilic, I think unbeaten in 3 with two clean sheets and 7 points is pretty decent reply.

So why so negative?

Is it all the first season fans that signed up to come watch an up and coming team play in a nice big stadium near there house? Is it fans having high expectations after last season? Personally I think it laughable that after a win all people wanna do is pick faults! Yes Zaza hasn't scored, but he works his socks off every minute he's on that pitch. Yes Noble looks like he is treading water. Yes Fletcher & Oxford should probably be getting more game time. But back to back wins is massive leading up to a hard busy festive period for us. Rant over COYI

pingpong91

Re: Why so negative??

Post by pingpong91 »

Danlar82 wrote:This amazes me every week!! After the game I'm quick to scroll through all the tweets, posts and updates from other fans, but this week really pissed me offf. After that awful run of 5 defeats, the continued large injury list (not to mention Cress's red card) and a high percentage wanting Bilic, I think unbeaten in 3 with two clean sheets and 7 points is pretty decent reply.

So why so negative?

Is it all the first season fans that signed up to come watch an up and coming team play in a nice big stadium near there house? Is it fans having high expectations after last season? Personally I think it laughable that after a win all people wanna do is pick faults! Yes Zaza hasn't scored, but he works his socks off every minute he's on that pitch. Yes Noble looks like he is treading water. Yes Fletcher & Oxford should probably be getting more game time. But back to back wins is massive leading up to a hard busy festive period for us. Rant over COYI
WOW - although I agree it is important to get the points on the board there are many problems which have infected the team/club at the moment. So many questionable decisions which have been made recently and it is important to eradicate those as soon as possible.

1) We don't know who our best 11 are yet - by now we should.
2) we have had a very poor transfer window - we look weaker than last season and we bought about 8 players.
3) is working hard good enough for what the club/fans aim to achieve - this is in relation to ZAZA.

The list is endless - The sooner these questions are addressed the better. Plus it's not all negative a lot of it is constructive conversation. The main thing is we are all WHU fans and all get emotional at times BUT we all want the same thing and that is a successful WHU and I personally feel the club have taken a half step back this season.

So that sums up where I am at the moment lets just pray we can keep grinding out these results because whilst going through this rocky patch we are going to need them.

whufc_crest
Fortunes always hiding

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I think Red summed it up in his review.( i think it was red ) until we get a comfortable
Win at home nobody is going to feel at ease.

Many expected this match to be a catalyst for Zazas goal scoring run, not gonna happen playing loner. And also saw this game as a chance to put the new stadium syndrome to bed.

Winning was no surprise it was that it didn't come handed on a plate, or we appeared to make hard work of it.

Turn things around, have people more right to moan when the team has been undefeated and win by a lucky goal in their last game?

Think all are happy with the three points. But nerves have not been alleviated by that performance.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

pingpong91 wrote:
Danlar82 wrote:This amazes me every week!! After the game I'm quick to scroll through all the tweets, posts and updates from other fans, but this week really pissed me offf. After that awful run of 5 defeats, the continued large injury list (not to mention Cress's red card) and a high percentage wanting Bilic, I think unbeaten in 3 with two clean sheets and 7 points is pretty decent reply.

So why so negative?

WOW - although I agree it is important to get the points on the board there are many problems which have infected the team/club at the moment. So many questionable decisions which have been made recently and it is important to eradicate those as soon as possible.

2) we have had a very poor transfer window - we look weaker than last season and we bought about 8 players.
3) is working hard good enough for what the club/fans aim to achieve - this is in relation to ZAZA.

The list is endless - The sooner these questions are addressed the better. Plus it's not all negative a lot of it is constructive conversation. The main thing is we are all WHU fans and all get emotional at times BUT we all want the same thing and that is a successful WHU and I personally feel the club have taken a half step back this season.

So that sums up where I am at the moment lets just pray we can keep grinding out these results because whilst going through this rocky patch we are going to need them.

whufc_crest
Agree with most of what you say. Irealy don't think we have weakened the team though, most of the players we have are from last season bar Tomkins.

It is where we failed to bolster that makes a problem from last season seem more apparent now. We got away more last season because of the great start and the availability of choice. Problems in defence started really when we had to use Antonio at RB.

As for taking a step backwards, well I suppose that depends on ones view point. I was realistic enough to know that this season would not not be half as good as last. I did take into account what some may call bollox, the first season in a new stadium. However I never envisaged such a poor performance against equal or lesser teams.I call it a stutter whilst looking for our true place in the scheme of things.

What is confusing is that we can produce football for 20-35 mins of a game then completely switch off. Frustration?!! Who knows. That might explain the Sunderland game but not Watfords.

Well I'm not going to get overly anxious, cause we struggled with them last season also with the same result.

pingpong91

Post by pingpong91 »

eskimo joe wrote:
pingpong91 wrote:

whufc_crest
Agree with most of what you say. Irealy don't think we have weakened the team though, most of the players we have are from last season bar Tomkins.

It is where we failed to bolster that makes a problem from last season seem more apparent now. We got away more last season because of the great start and the availability of choice. Problems in defence started really when we had to use Antonio at RB.

As for taking a step backwards, well I suppose that depends on ones view point. I was realistic enough to know that this season would not not be half as good as last. I did take into account what some may call bollox, the first season in a new stadium. However I never envisaged such a poor performance against equal or lesser teams.I call it a stutter whilst looking for our true place in the scheme of things.

What is confusing is that we can produce football for 20-35 mins of a game then completely switch off. Frustration?!! Who knows. That might explain the Sunderland game but not Watfords.

Well I'm not going to get overly anxious, cause we struggled with them last season also with the same result.
Correct we have the same players but we have almost given these new players an automatic start in what was a good squad. Nordshite, Tore, Feghouli (jury's still out on him - I personally feel he is a good player), Calleri and ZAZA - before they were even signed we had dropped players who had played all last season. Obiang and Diafra (I know there is a bit more to Sakho's situation) being examples of this.

I strongly agree with your comment re: failing to bolster but with regards to taking a step backwards I stand by my comment but I must emphasize that my opinion comes based on the state of the football side to the club and not the business end. I also am not naïve enough to know we over achieved somewhat last season and understood that this season would not be as fantastic but the one thing I hoped for was that we would see the players give 100% on the pitch and Bilic's silky football philosophy would continue to dominate most of our play. I just don't think we have seen any of that and that's what has depressed me AND that is why I feel we have taken a step back. Last season we lost games but there were not many games we walked out of the Boleyn and could fault the team's effort.

Anyways I'll continue to hope and pray for a performance that resembles anything of last season.

COYI
Fortunes always hiding

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

pingpong91 wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

Correct we have the same players but we have almost given these new players an automatic start in what was a good squad. Nordshite, Tore, Feghouli (jury's still out on him - I personally feel he is a good player), Calleri and ZAZA - before they were even signed we had dropped players who had played all last season. Obiang and Diafra (I know there is a bit more to Sakho's situation) being examples of this.

I strongly agree with your comment re: failing to bolster but with regards to taking a step backwards I stand by my comment but I must emphasize that my opinion comes based on the state of the football side to the club and not the business end. I also am not naïve enough to know we over achieved somewhat last season and understood that this season would not be as fantastic but the one thing I hoped for was that we would see the players give 100% on the pitch and Bilic's silky football philosophy would continue to dominate most of our play. I just don't think we have seen any of that and that's what has depressed me AND that is why I feel we have taken a step back. Last season we lost games but there were not many games we walked out of the Boleyn and could fault the team's effort.

Anyways I'll continue to hope and pray for a performance that resembles anything of last season.

COYI
Well I said awhile ago that we bought too many players, 12 if you don't include Lanzini. Many of whom, imo, were in areas less required, mainly midfield.

The saying too many chefs spoil the broth could apply here. Hopefully now they have had more time as a team they will begin to act like one instead of groups of individuals. Time will tell.

What might need sorting more is the way each are used, but to be fair Biliv probably hasn't, but is on the verge , been able to field his desired field. Most of these players I believe to have been bought, foolishly I think, with the Europa league in mind hence the quantity.

What ever follows, in Jan we need to invest in defense if only to prevent the same predicament we now find ourselves in. Heaven forbid, one man, Cresswell, short and the team seems totally lacking something.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I would label it as caution or concern rather than negative.

If reid hadn't scored would the 'positive' people be positive with a 0-0 against that shite? Would we still say 'we played well and bossed it'?

No, we would highlight the fact we didn't score, the fact they have 3 points from 9 and 1 is against us.

Granted we won, but bar a couple of easy ones, I cannot recall Pickford having a save to make? That's my worry, there is a lot more unforgiving and punishing sides out there, actually I'd argue 17 more, Hull being the exception.

'Sunderland came for the draw' yeah course they did and am pretty glad they did too. Had Moyes went for it after their decent spell at the start of the second half. It could have been trouble.

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

No ones happier than me this morning, after beating Sunderland. But its the manner of the win,the way the whole team ran out of ideas.They packed their defence,and left very little room in behind for Zaza or anyone for that matter to make runs.The one great chance Zaza had when Ogbonna put him through, he took a bad touch and the chance had gone.This game was crying out for 2 up top.
We must learn quickly how to beat teams who come to the LS set up this way.COYI

Towie

Post by Towie »

And we could have been 3 up after 20mins.....
Game of fine margins, I was impressed with the first half much better showing for me.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.